House Price Crash Forum

Bracknell

tplatt

Visited Bracknell the other day and wondered why they have not rebuilt the town yet? The old 3M building looks like a meteor has hit it?

I find it strange for an area which is great for employment, but has no soul. Does anyone actually go out at night? I lived there back in the 80s, but I don't remember it being this bad.

Does anyone know if regeneration is going to take place in the near future.

i live in sandhurst which is 3miles or so away. bracknell much like all he modern towns built in that period are souless. re generation of the centre started with the me office site being turned into "executive flats". dont think theres much more planned, redevelopment is expensive.

Visited Bracknell the other day and wondered why they have not rebuilt the town yet? The old 3M building looks like a meteor has hit it?

I find it strange for an area which is great for employment, but has no soul. Does anyone actually go out at night? I lived there back in the 80s, but I don't remember it being this bad.

Does anyone know if regeneration is going to take place in the near future.

Employers are shedding jobs in Bracknell.

Much of the large businesses are IT based, apart from Waitrose and the retail centres, not looking good for4 them.

Some regeneration has taken place and there are plans to continue it.

House prices are falling sharply - around 20% off peak.

Still with us now in recession I think most regeneration will stop for a few years at least!

• 2 weeks later...
i live in sandhurst which is 3miles or so away. bracknell much like all he modern towns built in that period are souless. re generation of the centre started with the me office site being turned into "executive flats". dont think theres much more planned, redevelopment is expensive.

I rent in Bracknell at the moment. Was planning to buy something this year, but I think prices have a way to go yet, so I doubt if I will now. I've seen a couple of nice looking places in the Sandhurst - around the station area - which might be okay if I could haggle them down far enough. What's it like round there?

I rent in Bracknell at the moment. Was planning to buy something this year, but I think prices have a way to go yet, so I doubt if I will now. I've seen a couple of nice looking places in the Sandhurst - around the station area - which might be okay if I could haggle them down far enough. What's it like round there?

Sandhurst is ok, good connections to M3, and train links to Reading/guidlford and main line to london in Farnborough is only 3miles away.

the nicest areas are in little sandhust but the cheapest housing and of varying sizes is found at heath park which is the estate bording the link road to bracknell.

• 4 weeks later...

Bracknell isn't that great school wise. Crime wise, town center has some of the higherst crime rates around.

Sandhurst is ok, good connections to M3, and train links to Reading/guidlford and main line to london in Farnborough is only 3miles away.

the nicest areas are in little sandhust but the cheapest housing and of varying sizes is found at heath park which is the estate bording the link road to bracknell.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep Bracknell is a sh*thole. It has got worse over the last decade or so. The town centre is all but dead there now. Like most non-tourist towns the Tesco effect has gutted the local economy and town centre. It was bad anyway but now you're lucky if a hundred people turn up on a Saturday shopping.

It also has a lot of quasi-chavs who insist on putting on the strongest East End accents outside of Mary Poppins. Who would really want to go out for the night to meet the bovine, tracksuited cretins who represent the youth there? Don't even get me started on the housing available there.

Yep Bracknell is a sh*thole. It has got worse over the last decade or so. The town centre is all but dead there now. Like most non-tourist towns the Tesco effect has gutted the local economy and town centre. It was bad anyway but now you're lucky if a hundred people turn up on a Saturday shopping.

It also has a lot of quasi-chavs who insist on putting on the strongest East End accents outside of Mary Poppins. Who would really want to go out for the night to meet the bovine, tracksuited cretins who represent the youth there? Don't even get me started on the housing available there.

On a recent visit, popped into the Red Lion. Was extremely lucky to get out alive! Surprised to see Bentalls is still there.

On a recent visit, popped into the Red Lion. Was extremely lucky to get out alive! Surprised to see Bentalls is still there.

Blimey I've been to that pub once, and I know what you mean.

BTW, Bracknell I think is suffering from a planned huge investment (£3bn) that never occurred. They started tearing it down and then everything stopped. Its a bit like Dubai, but without the sun, beaches, bold architecture - er actually its nothing like Dubai.

Blimey I've been to that pub once, and I know what you mean.

BTW, Bracknell I think is suffering from a planned huge investment (£3bn) that never occurred. They started tearing it down and then everything stopped. Its a bit like Dubai, but without the sun, beaches, bold architecture - er actually its nothing like Dubai.

When I lived there 20 years ago, they were talking about redevelopment then! The pubs back then weren't that bad. The Bull in the centre was quite good. The shopping was never very exciting and I would usually go elsewhere on a Saturday.

I would compare it more to Beruit, but without the sun, only a smog haze.