House Price Crash Forum

Number 10 Epetition Gathering Steam - Gordon Resign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they defo cannot change Brown for a new leader without an election, there would be massive resistance to that from Opp and Cleggville

Ok somethings definitely up folks, Minister has not denied it.

Labourhome and other places appears rife with rumour that a Cabinet Minister will rstand as a stalking horse candidate against Brown if he loses the expenses vote tonight and would also be prepared to trigger a Motion of No- Confidence, whichif called, several labour MPs would be prepared to vote against the government. Here’s the link - make what you will of it - whether it’s true or not isn’t really the point but it shows the deep feeling of disquiet with Brown in Labour ranks.

http://www.labourhome.org/story/2009/4/30/33359/7218

I'm amazed Broon doesnt take the hint, not even your labour supporters want you. They are egging on a coup on your own website.

interesting

"taxi to Kings Cross for Mr Brown!"

I reckon about 40,000. A slight acceleration in the evening but not as optimistic as you.

I reckon an undersupply of 'sack gordon' petitions will mean it will hit a permanently high stable plateau bringing prosperity to millions.

I think there might be a moderation limit, maximising the amount that can be added per "refresh". It's the sort of trick they'd pull, knowing that media attention span is limited, and that even millions being added when the public has lost interest will make no odds.

Has everyone that's signed recently checked to see if they are on the list of signatories?

The sheeple will be pretty focused soon on needing someone to blame. Gordo and NewLiebor are the perfect scapegoat. this next election will be well attended I think ;)

The sheeple will be pretty focused soon on needing someone to blame. Gordo and NewLiebor are the perfect scapegoat. this next election will be well attended I think ;)

still looks a year away I think - GB has won the first MPs expenses vote

edit: sorry that's b*llocks:

BBC website: "The government has won the first two votes on the surviving parts of Gordon Brown's proposed expenses reforms. "

Guardian: "Embarrassing defeat for PM as House unanimously votes to wait for report from Commons watchdog "

weird 2 opposite takes...

Edited by Si1

But the most contentious issue - of the £24,000-a-year second homes allowance available to all non-London MPs - was kicked into the long grass again.

Faced with the prospect of a second Commons defeat in 24 hours, ministers abandoned attempts to get MPs to agree the broad principles of a new system at the 11th hour.

Commons Leader Harriet Harman announced this afternoon that the Government was accepting calls for any move on second homes to be deferred until after an independent inquiry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...wn-1676714.html

But the most contentious issue - of the £24,000-a-year second homes allowance available to all non-London MPs - was kicked into the long grass again.

Faced with the prospect of a second Commons defeat in 24 hours, ministers abandoned attempts to get MPs to agree the broad principles of a new system at the 11th hour.

Commons Leader Harriet Harman announced this afternoon that the Government was accepting calls for any move on second homes to be deferred until after an independent inquiry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...wn-1676714.html

C4 News just showed an interview with Brown where the interviewer repeatedly questioned his political authority following the climb down on the 2nd home allowance - very good and tenacious bit of interviewing - worth watching if anyone can see the later version. Brown was, of course, repeatedly giving the same twisted version in the hope that it would become true.

Some sigs from the Gordon Brown supporters petition.

* Brad Owen

* john fisk

* I. Wright

* Nicola O'Connor

* Paul Uppal

* Brid Mary Campbell

* Ali Craft

* rita holland

* peter greenhill

* Robin Scott

* Raj Scott

* Adam Applegarth

* Andrew Ford

* Truman Antrum

* FiddletheExpenses

* Ben Unkerman

* Ferdy & Liza Packer

* R Barker

* y jacobs

* Neil Roberts

* Victoria. G

* I R Manatee

* Jatin

* Hans-Peter Walsh

* linda wallace

* Ellie Phunt-Sears

* Gordon's Mum

The number of new stories reflected on Google News is increasing.

http://blogs.journallive.co.uk/journalblog...for-gordon.html

It just gets worse for Gordon

By William Green on Apr 29, 09 04:31 PM

The wheels seriously seem to be coming off the once-mighty Gordon Brown juggernaut. Should we feel sorry for him?

First his own backbenchers stick two fingers over a cack-handed bid to bounce them into accepting changes to allowances.

Rumblings over that ****-up - as admitted by one minister privately - are ongoing, as you will see in a story that I have done for The Journal tomorrow ahead of a key vote in the Commons.

And now an online petition calling on him to resign has become the most popular on the Downing Street website with more than 28,400 people signing up

A rival petition declaring "every confidence" in the Government and to wait to hold an election until the "last possible moment" has been signed by just six people - including a certain T AntrumsRUs.

In a further blow, Mr Brown has now lost a vote on plans to allow Ghurkas to come to Britain - which Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg tore into in a highly effective speech in Prime Minister's Questions.

Edited by Yorkshire Lad
Some sigs from the Gordon Brown supporters petition.

* Brad Owen

* john fisk

* I. Wright

* Nicola O'Connor

* Paul Uppal

* Brid Mary Campbell

* Ali Craft

* rita holland

* peter greenhill

* Robin Scott

* Raj Scott

* Adam Applegarth

* Andrew Ford

* Truman Antrum

* FiddletheExpenses

* Ben Unkerman

* Ferdy & Liza Packer

* R Barker

* y jacobs

* Neil Roberts

* Victoria. G

* I R Manatee

* Jatin

* Hans-Peter Walsh

* linda wallace

* Ellie Phunt-Sears

* Gordon's Mum

Of which at least 4 are bogus.

It will be interesting to see how many votes it gets after 7 days, compared with the 30,000 'resign' votes in the same period.

That's what I'm saying - you were far closer than any chancellor has ever been with anything (that probably includes when 10K was a lot of money)

To be honest that sounds like a very bad job at the moment.

Can't I be a 'minister for cultural awareness' and keep the expenses?

I'd like to include this link from the Torygraph just because the headline sounds like one from The Daily Mash.

Gordon Brown has lost it, say ministers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-ministers.html

The Telegraph article mentions the petition too.

A journo on This Week also said tonight that Brown and the people surrounding him had lost authority in the Labour party.

I am sure it is the end game for Brown. How long can he continue?

If labour oust him, there would surely have to be an election... but would the flu epidemic obstruct that?

H1N1 Flu is about to go political, I guess.

Fingers crossed the pace of signing continues today. It does feel like the end game now, but not sure what Brown will do.

The main petition:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

is now the 25th most signed of all time. THis one:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/smithshame/

asking for the departure of Jacqboots could do with your help as well

Here are some of the recent signers.

# Hugh Mustbejoking

# David Cameron

# Anthony Bowdidge

# Colin Mitchell

# Hans Niece, Anne Boomsadaisy

# Paul Whicker

# Aldridge Prior (not really)

# Finbarr Saunders

# Mr Gimlet

# Gilbert Ratchet

# Roger Mellie

# Tom

# Sidney Smutt

# Biffa Bacon

# Roger Irrelevant

# Johnny Fartpants

# Millie Tant

# Norman the Doorman

# Sweary Mary

# Wun Hung Lo

# Belle Endde

# Eypick Minoze

# Alan Kaider

# George W. Bush

# Gordon Gurney

# Kidi Fidla

# Iiza Drugdealer

# Asai Lumseeka

Guest barebear
Apologies if someone else has already mentioned it (too many posts to go through) but

This petition was mentioned by the presenter of Five Live Drive yesterday afternoon.......

There was a whole thread on it, everybody has been talking about on the streets,the net, the cafe's and the bars. How did you miss it ?