House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

Number 10 Epetition Gathering Steam - Gordon Resign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...esignation.html

"Almost 15,000 sign petition on Downing Street website demanding Prime Minister's resignationBy Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 3:01 PM on 27th April 2009

Add to My Stories A petition calling for Brown to resign has broken the 10,000 mark on the No.10 website

A petition on 10 Downing Street's own website calling for Gordon Brown to resign as Prime Minister is approaching the 15,000-signature mark today.

Posted online only last Wednesday, the call for the PM to go is already among the site's top 20 most popular petitions.

Standing alongside calls for Mr Brown to oppose restrictions on vitamin supplements, prevent increases in university tuition fees and block the part-privatisation of the Post Office, it states simply 'We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to resign.'

Its creator Dr Kalvis Jansons added in a message on the site: 'There are many reasons why we might want Brown to resign, but rather than having lots of narrow petitions on this topic (most of which have been rejected), I wanted one for all of us.'

Dr Jansons, an academic mathematician from Hitchin, Hertfordshire, described himself as a 'traditional Labour supporter' who had become disillusioned with New Labour and the Brown administration. "

People on this site were able to generate about 200 messages over two weekends on the EA To-Day website.

With as much effort, we could probably add at least 200 comments to MSM articles referencing the petition. I have tried to post on the Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph and Times websites. The messages go something like this :

Gordon Brown has very kindly set up a process to allow us to petition him directly for change.

If you believe in change as much as I do, you have the opportunity to petition him directly to resign at http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

Bombarding MSM articles on the web which allow comments to be added with similar messages might help this story go viral before number 10 can withdraw the petition gracefully. I freely admit that my writing style might not suit some websites (a massive understatement) so support from better writers that I am would be very helpful.

Mike Livingstone was on to a good thing when he brought the petition to our collective attention. I think that it deserves as much support and effort from all of us as possible.

Hats off to all of you stalwarts for signing the petition...

Dare we hope that after Pakistan El Gordo will be flying to Mexico City to meet with President Felipe Calderon, can't see that he has done much to upset this particular head of state so close contact is a distinct possibility. :rolleyes:

Assuming the petition survives, who wants to predict what the official email response will be?

What can they possibly say that won't sound either unacceptably oppressive & agressive, or just hopelessly lame?

Obviously,

Dear Citizens,

Fair enough.

I'll just clear my desk then.

Yours sincerely,

G.B.

would be nice

Assuming the petition survives, who wants to predict what the official email response will be?

Dear Citizens of UK

I have pressed the nuke button and have receded to my bunker.

Have a nice day one-eyed-emoticon-right.gif

Fuhrer Brown

Guest anorthosite
It's good for Gordon that he has at least one supporter, I like who his first friend is :lol:

Injin!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now at 19,012.

Needs to get to 20,715 or so to get to the front page and 28,150 to become the leading petition.

I suspect that it will get to the front page by midnight and be the leading petition by 9 am to-morrow.

Anything that we can do by posting on the MSM websites when people come home from the pub between 10 pm and midnight will probably help.

The trick is to try to keep the message towards the top of the comments on the "most read stories" on the MSM websites in the next few hours. We have seen how quickly stories can drop from page 1 to page 5 on this website without support.

It would be tragic if demands for GB to resign suffered the same fate.

I just signed up and the thought police kicked the front doors in and dragged me away to be re-educated.

Two plus Two equals whatever you say it is Gordon !!!! :ph34r:

good to see the standard of signatories is as high as we could hope for - last 6 signatories

aslong as it isn't cameron the con

john fisk

Gordon Brown

get stuffed, plus Brown's never been a leader

Ed Balls, Chancellor in Waiting

Faux Cough

Panicking moderators, spin doctorage, who cares? I just want to see it on the front page of the Torygraph tomorrow

They will think of a reason.

Its not the sort of thing the petition was intended for.

Hows that?

I agree. Even if more people sign this petition than actually voted in the last GE, he's not going to go. He'll laugh it off and blame some non existent group of right wing agitators.

Doesnt mean millions can't sign this petition in good faith though.

Email response.....

Dear voter I am saddened to hear you dissaprove of my performance over the last few long months, well guess what! tough sh1te and get used to it I am going nowhere soon and before I am finished you will really hate me!!

yours

the one eyed git!

Seeing as we all like predicting the future here, who's going to be first to guess how many names the petition will attract by 22 October (assuming the petition is around that long and that an election isn't called beforehand)?

Hope that the link works because the techno version of the you tube video is excellent !

Fraser Nelson sticks the boot in too:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/356...deo-nasty.thtml

I agree. Even if more people sign this petition than actually voted in the last GE, he's not going to go. He'll laugh it off and blame some non existent group of right wing agitators.

Doesnt mean millions can't sign this petition in good faith though.

Ah, but the whole thing makes Brown look incompetent.

1) He could have blocked the petition - but now he can't.

2) The epetition website is an official site, and so presumably it is not officially intended to be a waste of time. With the biggest petitons at 20,000+ and presumably meant to listened to, why not listen to the resignation one.

3) I just want to be a fly on the wall when the PM is told what the top 5 subjects are.

Edited by mikelivingstone

3) I just want to be a fly on the wall when the PM is told what the top 5 subjects are.

Do I sense an "untergang" bunker dub in the wings??

Edit - that might be the viral aspect it needs

Edited by sbn

Seeing as we all like predicting the future here, who's going to be first to guess how many names the petition will attract by 22 October (assuming the petition is around that long and that an election isn't called beforehand)?

3 m unemployed.

1 m petitioners.