House Price Crash Forum

Property Storyline On Eastenders

HOLA441

Tonight's Eastenders was the start of a plot involving property flipping.

The estranged son of one of the characters turns up.... looking and acting like a property "speculator". Turns out he wants his mum to take out a mortgage for him (Can't do it himself due to a dodgy history) to allow him to buy partially built flats and flip them for a profit.

Some highlights....... mentions of properties "worth £300k" previously now going for £100k and repeated uses of the word "bust" in relation to property and mentions of 25% deposit being needed to get a mortgage...... lots of HPC stuff.

Now its only the first episode of this plot but with it being Eastenders, it will surely end in Bankrupcy. Lets hope so.

This is huge news for HPC. This will be the only way to get a lot of sheeple to wake up to the propery bust..... put it on a soap opera. Awesome stuff.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I was just going to post on this, although my view of it was completely different from tonight's episode.

The suggestion was of huge riches to be made, flash cars, penthouse flats..... 'now's the time to buy for the fearless' etc. Seemed like some subliminal property ramping.

Having said that, nothing is ever a success on Eastenders, so who know's where the storyline will go.

HOLA446
HOLA447
I was just going to post on this, although my view of it was completely different from tonight's episode.

The suggestion was of huge riches to be made, flash cars, penthouse flats..... 'now's the time to buy for the fearless' etc. Seemed like some subliminal property ramping.

Having said that, nothing is ever a success on Eastenders, so who know's where the storyline will go.

Setting him up for a lovely fall then. By the end of next week half the UK will be crying out for a house price crash just so they can see the nasty bloke get done up like a kipper.

Is it Nick Cotton or is he dead?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Agree, though it did look promising when he started the conversation with... "the housing market has crashed"; it's the first time i've looked up from the laptop to watch the same thinig as the missus!

HOLA4411

I agree that the character himself was peddling the dream of riches, however, the overall feeling in the way it was shot was.... this guy is dodgy and all the money is going to be lost.

HOLA4412

Could be an interesting story line, if they don't **** it up.

It was good of them to suggest such turmoil in the market, hopefully it will sink in.

And here is the block where the "flash" Penthouse he is currently living at is located.

Still 3 penthouses remaining apparently, I think they've been struggling to shift them! Comer Homes

Looks like they're struggling with the regular flats too. Here you can buy "Ten residential units exchanged and completed within the agreed 28 days" - no prices though. As you can see on Street View, much of the block has a dismal view.

Edited by BarnetBear

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Could be an interesting story line, if they don't **** it up.

It was good of them to suggest such turmoil in the market, hopefully it will sink in.

And here is the block where the "flash" Penthouse he is currently living at is located.

Still 3 penthouses remaining apparently, I think they've been struggling to shift them! Comer Homes

Looks like they're struggling with the regular flats too. Here you can buy "Ten residential units exchanged and completed within the agreed 28 days" - no prices though. As you can see on Street View, much of the block has a dismal view.

Thats no where near Walford!

HOLA4415

Hmmm. Not so sure. They seemed to be saying - Look there are bargains out there! £300k flats going for 100k. You can't lose...

The character mentioned going "oop north" too, to get more for his money. Yep, in real life, it would end in tears. But this is BBC EastEnders...

HOLA4416
Guest DisposableHeroes
Tonight's Eastenders was the start of a plot involving property flipping.

The estranged son of one of the characters turns up.... looking and acting like a property "speculator". Turns out he wants his mum to take out a mortgage for him (Can't do it himself due to a dodgy history) to allow him to buy partially built flats and flip them for a profit.

Some highlights....... mentions of properties "worth £300k" previously now going for £100k and repeated uses of the word "bust" in relation to property and mentions of 25% deposit being needed to get a mortgage...... lots of HPC stuff.

Now its only the first episode of this plot but with it being Eastenders, it will surely end in Bankrupcy. Lets hope so.

This is huge news for HPC. This will be the only way to get a lot of sheeple to wake up to the propery bust..... put it on a soap opera. Awesome stuff.

I'd sooner slam my tackle in the door, than watch that shyte.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

That was the jist of the plot imo too. He who dares wins was what the guy was telling mummy. ;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
.... put it on a soap opera. Awesome stuff.

The "Archers" was set up to peddle Government information to farmers!

But these EE episodes should have happened 5 years ago! Bit late now, innit?

Media lagging behind the times, as usual! :(

HOLA4424

This storyline's great, an education for the masses.

During the last housing bubble in the 80's a relative remarked...

Relative: They've been gazumped!

Me: Who??

Relative: Alf and Audrey

Me: Who??

Relative: You know! Alf and Audrey, Coronation Street

Me: :huh:

Only when the masses can put a face to something that's going on does the idea eventually sink in. This story line is like that one (but in reverse, sorry Bulls! :lol:

Once HPC gets enshrined in the soaps we've reached a key moment of systemic change.