House Price Crash Forum

267k For A 1 Bed Flat.

I‘m new to this forum and am reading with slack jawed amazement at the childish glee of the majority

Not everyone who bought a house in the last 2 years was a stupid greed head, nor are those who did not buy soothsayers or astute financial wizards.

I say to you, when you eventually decide to take the plunge I hope that you continue to cheer prices downward and revel in the misery of those unfortunate enough to have bought at an even worse time through the need to house an expanding family for example.

If the world was populated with bottom feeding risk averse gloaters like these then we would all be living in a the dark ages and there would be no 2 bed in Marchmont to covet.

You people are sick and have no idea how much fun you will have trying to buy a 2 bed flat in Edinburgh when they fall within your dream price bracket, there are millions of people who would pay what you want to pay for a house.

Adam Smith will be turning in his one bed basement accommodation up on the High St if he has chanced upon the mis-guided ranting on this web site

Home sweet home

Get with the programme. Look at the other flats in NB; Offers Over £170k for a traditional 2-bed requiring modernisation..... O/O £205,000 for a well-presented trad 2-bed, topping out at £275,000 FP for the highest-priced 2-bed flat in the town (260907) ....

and £267k is overpricing the brand-new one with the view over the links and use of the facilities at the hotel next door......?

You did see the pricing when Stewart Saunders were selling them, didn't you? and No, I don't work for MacDonald Hotels....

If you think 267K is a reasonable price for a 1 bedroom flat then quite frankly you are off your head :lol:

Not what I said.

I suggested that the OP look at what else is up for grabs in the town (that isn't brand-spanking new, that's in need of refurb, that doesn't have the location of this development), and ask if it's really such a jump from those to this 1-bed at £267k ......

.... and since it came as such a surprise to him, I wondered why he didn't seem to have seen them when the previous agent was marketing them....

Not what I said.

I suggested that the OP look at what else is up for grabs in the town (that isn't brand-spanking new, that's in need of refurb, that doesn't have the location of this development), and ask if it's really such a jump from those to this 1-bed at £267k ......

.... and since it came as such a surprise to him, I wondered why he didn't seem to have seen them when the previous agent was marketing them....

Hmm the previoue EA Who was marketing them :lol: they did a good job so they did :blink: they never sold a carrot :( and have now gone down the skanker :P i wonder why :rolleyes:

Thats right 267k

option paraliesd risk averse individuals such as your self need to realize that bottom feeding is a form of greed.

Should we all live at home with our folks till we are 60

As a comparison, I can buy a 4 bed house on the French Riviera for the same price.

The UK market is the mother of all bubbles. The Edinburgh market epitomises the stupidity of such wreckless speculation.

As a new member to HPC, you're about to see the true facts of this bubble laid bare before you. Stick around, you might learn something? Then again, judging by your first ranting posts, I suspect you are in -ve equity already or have bought a house in the last 24months for a ridiculous mutliple of your earnings............. :unsure:

I‘m new to this forum and am reading with slack jawed amazement at the childish glee of the majority

Not everyone who bought a house in the last 2 years was a stupid greed head, nor are those who did not buy soothsayers or astute financial wizards.

I say to you, when you eventually decide to take the plunge I hope that you continue to cheer prices downward and revel in the misery of those unfortunate enough to have bought at an even worse time through the need to house an expanding family for example.

If the world was populated with bottom feeding risk averse gloaters like these then we would all be living in a the dark ages and there would be no 2 bed in Marchmont to covet.

You people are sick and have no idea how much fun you will have trying to buy a 2 bed flat in Edinburgh when they fall within your dream price bracket, there are millions of people who would pay what you want to pay for a house.

Adam Smith will be turning in his one bed basement accommodation up on the High St if he has chanced upon the mis-guided ranting on this web site

Home sweet home

Okay confess you bought at peak bubble :( now you are very bitter at all the money you have lost :angry: and you are worried that as your house goes down in value every month where it will all end :blink:

Home sweet home

Sibley is that you?

Why would anyone want to spend 267k on a flat where you can't see the ships because theres a bloody great big rock sticking out the sea- jeeeez

Ah, but you will enjoy - at a preferential discount - priveldged access to luxury leisure facilities including the spa, sauna, gym, pool and relaxation suite.

I always find that a little bit of privedlge goes a long way.

Home sweet home

I am new to this site too and i do agree that there is quite a bit of childish glee going on at the fate of the housing market. However i believe that for the most part this is just human nature. Many people, myself included i must admit, loved it when housing went up and up. Deep down most people love money for nothing, hence the buzz of gambling. All that is happening now is the other side of the coin. Those with savings, even with such poor rates, are sitting back watching house prices drop and seeing day by day their savings relative to housing increase. It is now the time for savers, regardless of what the government is trying to do, again, this is money for nothing. I agree also that not everyone who bought housing over the last few years was a stupid greed head, but do hope that those who bought a house in the last few years did do as a home, and not an investment. They bought it becuase they could afford it, and genuinely liked the house they purchased. If they plan to stay in it for many years, house prices will eventually bounce back. There will be those who will suffer during all of this, lots of my friends in their early/ mid twenties and going to be stuck in their horrid new build boxes for some time, and i do feel for their predicament. What i like to take from this site, however, is not the sentiment of those who are overly gloating, who may never have been able to afford property before, been mocked for missing the boat over the years and are now relishing in some payback to their propertied collegues, but those who point out that lower house prices will lead to a fairer society, and where an individual does not have to be up to their neck in debt in order to have a half decent roof over their head. That can only be a good thing. This site is also valuable as it serves to show another point of view. Again i have many friends who have been tempted to buy into the 'green shoots' voiced constantly by most of the media. By showing them this site it gives them a different take of what is happening with house prices and the economy. If this helps just a few people not get trapped in the vicious cycle of negative equity then it serves a very valuable purpose indeed.

THATS RIGHT ARGENTIMMO assume that you are in full posession of the facts, a man without data is a man with with an opinion, and you have the type of opined, option paralised disposition which will serve you well in a down turn. Ladies and gentlemen raise your half empty glass to Argenttimmo the man who redefines small scale mediocrity.

I am not a bitter -ve equity recent buyer but I do not think that you should be kicking people when they are down.

You did not see this coming whatever you may have been boring your friends about in the pub, ease off, buy a house, don't buy a house, but stop gloating its not necessary.

Hello Rob1982. I concur

Some of these self satisfied folks are however, too annoying to ignore. Do they really belive that the final bubble has burst and that they are not entering or trying to enter the market at the bottom of the cycle. History will repeat, they will be embarrassed by their capital gains in 15 years time.

Hello thecrutchster, cant quite figure out how to work this website yet but in answer to your last post.....

Nope . just find self rightousness unappealing. The X5 brigade have paid billions in stamp duty and tax. More than the HPC "why are houses not as cheap as i wish they were" will ever contribute to the common wealth even when they get the Marchmont bargain and visit Eddies seafood every other day.

To thecrutchster

Nope . just find self rightousness unappealing. The X5 brigade have paid billions in stamp duty and tax. More than the HPC "why are houses not as cheap as i wish they were" will ever contribute to the common wealth even when they get the Marchmont bargain and visit Edies seafood every other day.

To thecrutchster

Nope . just find self rightousness unappealing. The X5 brigade have paid billions in stamp duty and tax. More than the HPC "why are houses not as cheap as i wish they were" will ever contribute to the common wealth even when they get the Marchmont bargain and visit Edies seafood every other day.

:blink::blink::blink:

What the hell are you on about? Have you been sniffing tipex or something? :blink:

Thats right 267k

option paraliesd risk averse individuals such as your self need to realize that bottom feeding is a form of greed.

Should we all live at home with our folks till we are 60

"risk averse"

so you were gambling and its went tits up ?

as prior poster said if you bought to live in and for say 5/10 years then you have no grumble - if thats the case

your still only paying a mortgage on the property you agreed to but within say the last 2 yearsr

To thecrutchster

You are an Estate Agent arent you :lol: I Understand your bitterness now, and i feel pity for you :blink: best you try an anger management course as opposed to spiling all your anger on HPC ;)