Tax Abuser Of The Week

dog

HOLA441
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
They produce a healthy and able workforce, ie they keep the worker ants in tip-top condition.

Nope. The biggest improvements in the health of the nation have been through public health measures, sanitation, improved housing etc. Very little medicine practised nowadays has a strong evidence base to back it up. The majority of diseases we treat are lifestyle related, incurable conditions. Modern medicine is little more than a sticking plaster, so really, in the grander scheme, we could do without Doctors.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
!

you could do with seeing a doctor

Interesting. We do need doctor's of course. The questions are:

Q1) Do we care about providing for the weaker members of society (the old, the young, the sick, the disabled, and those that are traumatised and genuinely mentally ill.)

Answer: I would hope so, if we live in a civilised society that we can be proud of.

Q2) Has our society lost its standards, and thus has the rot of corruption, laziness and greed set in?

Answer: I think so, and I think it is incurable

Q3) Is it normal to have a few very rich, and a lot of very poor, with exponential distribution of money?

Answer: Yes, it is. We are not quite in that state now, but we will return to it.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Nope. The biggest improvements in the health of the nation have been through public health measures, sanitation, improved housing etc. Very little medicine practised nowadays has a strong evidence base to back it up. The majority of diseases we treat are lifestyle related, incurable conditions. Modern medicine is little more than a sticking plaster, so really, in the grander scheme, we could do without Doctors.

I agree with you

Most drug makers now spend twice as much marketing medicines as they do researching them. Their sales teams have changed from a scattering of semiretired pharmacists to armies of young women and men who shower doctors with attention, food and - until the drug industry recently agreed to end the practice - expensive gifts, just to get two to three minutes to pitch their wares.

My partner used to nanny for someone who did this for a living. The doctors got gifts of theatre tickets, bath towel sets, meals in fancy restaurants etc. Makes you wonder if they are prescribing you the best medicine for your condition.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Discraceful! Which is why I will never take a backhander from a pharmaceutical company. Totally unethical IMHO.

The reason I don`t take pills or medicine. I find my twenty mugs of strong tea daily without sugar serves me well, together with my great immune system. Only six weeks sick in 45 years and that was with broken bones. <_<

HOLA4411
Guest magnoliawalls

Thanks Phaedrus for highlighting that it is arguably sanitation workers who have improved our health more than doctors. I have heard that elsewhere and I remember Londonbeing used as an example of the benefits of proper sewers.

I wonder how much bin men get paid.

HOLA4412
so what's the alternative? who do you ger to do these jobs?

btw isn't KPMG a private company?

Dave Ja Vu

Don't be so stupid! These are not jobs that need to be done and society would be better off if they were scrapped altogether.

As for the KPMG job, read beyond the title, you moron!

will support Ministers in developing government policies
Edited by dog

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The growth of government non-jobs has been one of the major claims to fame of this government in the past 5 years . All done under the banner that it is good for us and the economy!

I have worked in organisations where I witnessed collosal salaries and benefit packages amounting to over 200k to really low grade - no skills other than political, but connected-to- new-labour people. A invented title usually with 'director' in it somewhere.

It is pure poltical nepotism, as the jobs are for the boys and the main credentials are the political ones.

As I have posted eariler, the council tax has risen from 750 when labour came to power to 1250 - thats a rise of 70%! And mark my words - most of that money goes to cronies via invented budgets. It's a 'jobs for the boys' bonanaza over the past 5 years in local government.

Not much of that money actually reaches the staff in the frontline services who have to do the real day to day work, or the people who are meant to benefit.

Edited by brainclamp

HOLA4415
Are you any relation to Pol Pot?

I am not a relation of Pol Pot. I do however believe that this gross abuse of public funds should be stopped. A head of social services cannot be worth more than £35K if such a job is even needed at all.

Most of the people currently earning £100K+ in public service would serve society better by picking vegetables.

You are defensive about this because I suspect you are a public servant yourself.

HOLA4416
Guest muttley

Whilst not wishing to disagree with the consensus that there has been an increase in spurious public sector jobs,I would say for the REALLY obscene salaries you should take a look at the private sector.

A guy I went to school with (bog standard comprehensive) was recently in the news for losing millions of pounds for thousands of investors.His yearly bonus for doing this?

4.7 MILLION

Edited by muttley

HOLA4417
Whilst not wishing to disagree with the consensus that there has been an increase in  spurious public sector jobs,I would say for the REALLY obscene salaries you should take a look at the private sector.

A guy I went to school with (bog standard comprehensive) was recently in the news for losing millions of pounds for thousands of investors.His yearly bonus for doing this?

4.7 MILLION

Muttley

Fair comment but few people in private industry earn more that £50K.