House Price Crash Forum

Right Then . . .

Guest Noodle

HOLA441
Guest Mr Parry

During the 1930'S depression, they took it upon themselves to do real things which did real things, at the same time money went around and left useful items for future generations.

Question: Where's our Hoover Dam?

Water

Sustainable Power

Agriculture

Public transport systems

Basic human needs on a grand yet efficient scale.

Let's print money! But let's make it work for the next generations by leaving them with the infrastructure they need to survive.

HOLA442
Guest BoomBoomCrash
During the 1930'S depression, they took it upon themselves to do real things which did real things, at the same time money went around and left useful items for future generations.

Water

Sustainable Power

Agriculture

Public transport systems

Basic human needs on a grand yet efficient scale.

Let's print money! But let's make it work for the next generations by leaving them with the infrastructure they need to survive.

Won't happen whilst governments are run according to the whim of corporate power. Making things that are efficient and sustainable only lessens the scope for profit. Far better to pay lip service to these goals and build flawed infrastructure that will cost a fortune to maintain and need replacing regularly.

HOLA443
Won't happen whilst governments are run according to the whim of corporate power. Making things that are efficient and sustainable only lessens the scope for profit. Far better to pay lip service to these goals and build flawed infrastructure that will cost a fortune to maintain and need replacing regularly.

Quite right.

We need capitalists to sort things out, not the corporate state.

HOLA444
HOLA445

We can't afford it.

Governments have already splurged insane amounts of money on the banks to try and pretend the crash wasn't happening. There is none left to a fund a recovery when the dust settles.

Helicopter Ben's hypothesis will not end well :(

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK

The government needs obedient debt-slaves so the only way Joe Public will ever get his filthy mitts on the QE wonga is through taking on more debt.

Keeps the drones nice and shackled.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Mr Parry

Well, here in the Land of Fake Smiles, the GOVT is doing a huge infrastructure investment based on basic human needs. Water is most pressing, power (hydro mainly), agriculture and transport.

It's a sufficiency economy anyway (that's why everyone's skint, but lives), also no fractional reserve banking system (banned by the IMF after the 1997 bailout.

I'll research what they're doing some more and keep this updated. Definitely a better model of life and living then you guys are about to endure.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Mr Parry
Thats interesting, I wonder if they will make Gordon do that?

VMR.

They'll make global banking go back to 8 times liquidity or something. The next step from fractional reserve was securitization which will be punishable by death.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I will happily fund investment into man-size skid proof toilets as I am more than a little fed up with multi flush episodes after a gallon of Guinness and I can't be the only one. Let's make Britain great again.

Climate vandal!! :angry:

You're supposed to get by on two sheets of one-ply and a mugfull of water. Are you trying to destroy the planet?

Edited by bogbrush

HOLA4413
Climate vandal!! :angry:

You're supposed to get by on two sheets of one-ply and a mugfull of water. Are you trying to destroy the planet?

Not at all. I think all these aspiring Engineers could come up with a design that was parsimonious yet efficiently removed man sized volumes of waste. I am proposing to call the start up "Turtles Head Research".

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

(Australia's Kevin) Rudd seems to think that the future's in brighter shinier intartubes - I think he'd do better to buy every citizen an oar myself, at least that way they could solve one of the time and distance problems.

Obama's talking high speed trains (although personally I think that's more of a Shelbyville idea) and no child living in ashphalt poverty by 2012.

China's talking more concrete harbours (to dock the ever-growing and omnipresent cargoless flotilla at - I wonder if Singapore is tired of or perhaps nervous at being circled by those wagons?) and more and larger concrete cities spiralling God-ward (it's in the "Command Economy HOWTO" the Romanians tell me).

In England (and to a lesser extent, Ireland), we're sticking to our knitting - our legacy will be hollowed-out High St banks, useful for all manner of Trojan-horsery in the decades to come.

In Brasil, we're doing what we do best - manufacture Brasilians.

As for the rest? Who can say.

HOLA4418

Exactly Mr Parry! - Were you a public servant too? :)

There can never be enough of them; restructuring here

& here

HOLA4419

http://jameshowardkunstler.typepad.com/

If Mr. Obama doesn't get with a better program, then we are going to face a Long Emergency as grueling as the French Revolution. One very plain and straightforward example at hand is the announcement last week of a plan to build a high speed rail network. To be blunt about it, this is perfectly ******ing stupid

Just for you, Mr. P.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest Mr Parry
Exactly Mr Parry! - Were you a public servant too? :)

There can never be enough of them; restructuring here

& here

Nope, could never make it in politics. Too many skeletons and all that . . .