House Price Crash Forum

Car Market Still Frozen

Wad

HOLA441
HOLA442

Been a forced buyer this last month, the head gasket on ours (almost 10 year old Astra) went and still leaked after replacing.

I couldn't believe the price of 2nd hand cars. Mrs. decided we needed a Picasso so (reluctantly :lol: ) I had a good look round for one and went with the best deal I could find, which was £3900 for an '06 with 25k on the clock. The local Citroen dealer wanted £6200 for one very similar :blink: They reckoned they'd had their best March ever, which they put down to changing drastically the profile of their used stock (not a 4x4 or anything remotely 'sporty' at all on the forecourt).

HOLA443
Guest eight
Went to Dagenham Motors yesterday, got a decent deal on a new Focus. Lots of toys. Cheaper than ANY broker.

After visiting BCA at Enfield on Thursday, and witnessing bonkers prices, on questionable, abused, rubbish,i decided i might as well go after something new on a PCP, the difference is this time ill be keeping the car after 2 years.

This car will do me for ten years.

Does anybody think this guy's prices are, ahem, "optimistic"?

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/141423/stocklist.htm

Y reg Audi A3 56,000 miles £4995 "now sold" WTF??

eight

HOLA444
HOLA445

Maybe ppl can't afford cars anymore.

The government should not be worried about this of course, they have been telling us to use p*ss poor pubic (not a typo) transport for years. Just as well no-one has a job to go to anymore as the plan comes together. Can't afford a car, can't afford the fuel, can't find a job.

Brilliant! Now the labour party can pay for us to sit around doing nothing for a while.

HOLA446