HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I like this bit, its a bit like an awakening for the poor dears:

One says...

Originally Posted by Don

Hard luck.

I read this week that more than one in three 'sold houses' - ie 'offer accepted' - are not going through to completion currently.

You are not alone.

The other replies (with scarey hair raising smilie)...

Don, did you have to write that. There are loads of us on here under offer. And now we are are

Bloody hell is that really true, where did you read it?

HOLA446
HOLA447

It amazes me how genuinely angry and agressive those people get when they fail to flog their overprised houses to those who woke up to reality in the process.

How sentimental those "...we cannot aford to drop below xxx...", "... we will lose money if we do...", "we need to sell"!

Nobody needs to buy, guys. Tough luck!

And this karmaeing each other is a karma pyramid.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Post on there by ROBnCAZ:

We can sympathise completely here!

Bought this house 4 years ago, put on market approx 1 year ago at DOUBLE what we paid for it....have had 2 viewers in 1 year! Have now dropped the price by nearly £100K....

1 was a developer wanting to bulldoze the place and build 5 houses!! The other didn't have a clue what they were looking for so was just speculatively looking at virtually every house in the village!

No sign of a buyer on the horizon soon..............

Are they taking the proverbial? They said it themselves - what makes them think its worth double what they paid for it?

I would tell them myself but I can't be doing with registering.

HOLA4412

Well, having been on singing pig I thought it was STRs & FTBs who were the whingers. That trip to expat sdisabused me of that notion. Must make a mental note to post a link to expats next time "whinging" comes up on sp.

On expats there were several references to how "crap" the system of selling / buying houses is here. They seem to think that removing back-out options much sooner into the process would help them sell. Some, when refering to viewers as "timewasters", give the impression that they would prefer prospective buyers complete even before viewing. They seem to think this would help them. I didn't have the will to tell them the upshot of such a system would not be zero timewasters but zero viewings...

HOLA4413
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308774

I am sending over a crate of karma as its in short supply over there.

food_smiley_012.giffood_smiley_012.giffood_smiley_012.gif

Today they the Expat Forum are discussing The Economist articles. One or two sensible posts but a lot of rubbish also.

British Expats Forum

Take this gem from Kirstie&Al

I'm not sure I would call a 1.25% rise in interest rates modest, especially when compared to something like 4%.

One thing a lot of these articles fail to analyse is the stabilising effect of fixed rate mortgages. These were very rare in the UK at the time of the 89/90 crash; they are much more common now.

Maybe all that karma is clouding their minds. :D

HOLA4414
Guest magnoliawalls
ust make a mental note to post a link to expats next time "whinging" comes up on sp.

On expats there were several references to how "crap" the system of selling / buying houses is here. They seem to think that removing back-out options much sooner into the process would help them sell. Some, when refering to viewers as "timewasters", give the impression that they would prefer prospective buyers complete even before viewing. They seem to think this would help them. I didn't have the will to tell them the upshot of such a system would not be zero timewasters but zero viewings...

Maybe some of them are comparing it to auction based systems?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308774

I am sending over a crate of karma as its in short supply over there.

food_smiley_012.giffood_smiley_012.giffood_smiley_012.gif

Hope you find someone else soon. This house selling lark is a pain in the neck. Crap system.

Yeah, it's the system that's crap.

Nothing to do with the pricing of course.

Can I have some karma please, I tried selling my cheese sandwich for £14 earlier on and the buyer pulled out. I really need to sell it too, I've got my eye on a platter in an Australian sandwich shop, I paid 99p for the cheese sandwich but I feel it's my right to swap it for the platter in Oz.

HOLA4417

God damn that singing pig forum is bad. What is their problem. How often do you get people on this forum who come on and in a reasonable manner saysomething along the lines of:

a house price crash is never going to happen why do you think it will?

How do you usually respond to that? would such a person get the same barrage of bull they get on the singing pig forum. "hur hur missed boater, nervous fsb" (genius!). The narrow mindedness of these people who own a home is sickening!

Anyhow it can hardly be seen as a market crash, more of a bring back down to earth event.

edit: i was going to ask how often there is positive economic discussion on this forum then i realised, its all positive! :D

Edited by sllabres

HOLA4418

Im really hungry i wish i had a cheese sandwich, my parents have just given me £20 to spend on some food to keep me going this week but i really want a cheese snadwich now.

If only i could find one

:unsure:;)

HOLA4419
God damn that singing pig forum is bad.  What is their problem.  How often do you get people on this forum who come on and in a reasonable manner saysomething along the lines of:

a house price crash is never going to happen why do you think it will?

How do you usually respond to that? would such a person get the same barrage of bull they get on the singing pig forum.  "hur hur missed boater, nervous fsb" (genius!).  The narrow mindedness of these people who own a home is sickening!

Anyhow it can hardly be seen as a market crash, more of a bring back down to earth event.

edit: i was going to ask how often there is positive economic discussion on this forum then i realised, its all positive! :D

:lol: PG and LL :lol: They really are a sad pair. Totally beyond help.

HOLA4420

I liked this guys reply:

I don't think buyers are normally changing their minds due to whimsy etc.

Many people - who bother to think about this huge investment in a house, tying yourself to a mortgage for twenty-odd years and borrowing large amounts of money; or alternatively, tying up a huge amount of your family wealth - are correctly concerned by the way that house prices have risen far faster and higher than in the past vs average incomes.

Far higher and faster rises in the past have ALWAYS meant big price falls soon follow and IMHO this time will be no different.

So buyers are worried about the commitment, worried about the effect that losing (say) 10% of £200K in a year will have on their lives, 20% in 2 years, who knows?

So they think again, realise that they can manage OK where they are until the mkt stabilises, or seize on the survey etc to pull out or plead financing problems or try a bit of gazundering to make it financially safer for themselves (and because they can, in a buyers' mkt).

Houses aren't sold until the money's in the bank.

Cheers - Don