House Price Crash Forum

Fitness Thread

the anti krust

HOLA441
Guest DisposableHeroes
Just done a 6-miler today at a steady pace. My left calf is sore so I've applied some ibuprofen gel.

It keeps coming back even though I have taken to training every other day as oppose to every consecutive day.

Bloody thing!

Any tips from anyone?

If it keeps coming back you could try a different pair of trainers.

Road / MTB bike riding is low impact on the joints and great for the cardiovascular, especially when you do some hill work.

HOLA442
HOLA443
If it keeps coming back you could try a different pair of trainers.

Road / MTB bike riding is low impact on the joints and great for the cardiovascular, especially when you do some hill work.

I've just ordered some NB to replace my worn out Reeboks.

Should be better shock absorption.

HOLA444
I'm still playing indoor football every week with the uys from work. Also trying to get to the gym twice a week - usually do 3 sets of 8 on each machine weight, get to an exercise mat to do some sit-ups and then run a mile on the treadmill. Main priority is to put some more meat on my arms right now - so I've been eating a lot of tuna after doing the machine weights. Pretty sure my belly is expanding a bit though lol..

I am absolutely drenched after running on the treadmill - more than a mile or two and I'm knackered. I'm fairly skinny, but just unfit! Things can only get better!

Are you running too fast? I never really go above 10kms if I want to have a comfortable time.

HOLA445
:lol:Our lass always gets this shit end of the stick.

I was afraid you were gonna say "rest" AK. Of course, I know, but I need my fix!

Got a fitness test on Thursday so maybe it's a good idea.

;)

Ya dirty buggerer!

HOLA446
Am about to embark tomorrow on a get bulltraderpt fit regime.

Mon, Tues, rest Wed then Thur & Fri. Aim to do 4 - 5 miles running mixed with the same rowing.

Then staying with a friends Sat & Sun where an hour or two both days of Badminton should see week one sorted. :)

Hard core if you've been off for a while bull. You must be pretty fit already?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I'm OK, but age is one clock no one can beat. :-(

Indeed. But I do know a lad who's 41 who just did a 10k race in 34 minutes. He puts most youngsters to shame.

On the new trainers note, if anyone needs some new gear I went to 'getthelabel'

and got these for £25 reduced from £90 (apparently) :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
That's good. To be fair I fear for the playstation, PS2 X Box generation, they'll collectively be dead before their parents.

My two boys love their XBOX. But on the flip side they're out on their bikes a lot and come trim trailing with me regularly. I promote fitness to them without being the pushy father figure and they get a buzz from it. The problem is the kids who do nothing BUT.

HOLA4411
I'm still playing indoor football every week with the uys from work. Also trying to get to the gym twice a week - usually do 3 sets of 8 on each machine weight, get to an exercise mat to do some sit-ups and then run a mile on the treadmill. Main priority is to put some more meat on my arms right now - so I've been eating a lot of tuna after doing the machine weights. Pretty sure my belly is expanding a bit though lol..

I am absolutely drenched after running on the treadmill - more than a mile or two and I'm knackered. I'm fairly skinny, but just unfit! Things can only get better!

tr20, seriously mate I think you are being too active to put on any significant mass on your arms, you are just burning any calories off.

Go in goal for a few weeks LOL, and don't neglect to do some squats and deadlifts in the gym because they spark the whole body into growth.

Get yourself those books I reccommended, I promise you will not regret it.

You will find it easier to put some beef on though as you get older as the body burns 10 calories a day less* for every year after you hit about 27.

*Subject to different scientific bolox that comes out every day. :lol:

Edit: not spellog for once

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I use my gym at work tons, but am having a 2 week break, as i'm recovering from Laser eye surgery. The break is killing me mind! Can't wait to get back. oh well, only 6 more days! ;)

Given that I live by the Scottish Highlands, I have some free fitness equipment just lying around...

1364716995_b2fee6bff3.jpg

1169a.jpg

bhrotain_9.jpg

0628_Ben-Lawers-and-Loch-Tay.JPG

And I use it whenever I can :)

Some lovely scenery there! ;)

HOLA4415

Cheers Paul. I'm a normal pronator apparently. Hopefully the New Balance I've just ordered will be fine for me.

The calf's a bit better this morning, I just took a Diclofenac for it and will only do low-impact training this week (apart from a fitness/bleep test on Thursday)

I was hoping to get the bike out this morning but it's chucking it down here. Might pop and do a bit of X-training this afternoon.

Thanks again ;)

HOLA4416
I use my gym at work tons, but am having a 2 week break, as i'm recovering from Laser eye surgery. The break is killing me mind! Can't wait to get back. oh well, only 6 more days! ;)

How is the laser eye surgery working out? Tempted to give that a go myself. Is it right that you can't drive at night for several months afterwards (haloing effect around headlights/street lights)?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite

Ok, my fitness regime has just changed to sitting in front of the TV and eating junk food.

Must kill immune system......must kill immune system....

HOLA4419

Hi Bull.

Nothing wrong with a mid-session ice-cream at all ;)

A trim trail is a series of exercises set out on a trail.

We have one nearby around a large sports field. We usually do a few laps of the field and then run between the exercises afterwards. There are monkey bars, leap frogs, climbing bars etc. It's good fun and the boys love it.

HOLA4420
How is the laser eye surgery working out? Tempted to give that a go myself. Is it right that you can't drive at night for several months afterwards (haloing effect around headlights/street lights)?

Its been fantastic so far - my eyesight is much better than it was with glasses. Only had the surgery 2 weeks ago, so still healing.

There is a bit of light sensitivity at night (and associated halos and starbursts, though these are not a problem), though it should diminish over time. I haven't done any driving at night yet, (currently learning to drive), though wouldn't have thought it would be too much of an issue. I had wavefront guided treatment, which is supposed to improve the quality of night vision.

I had mine done with Ultralase. Whats your prescription? Mine was around -3 both eyes, with small amounts of astigmatism.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Best thing I ever did for my fitness:

http://www.liverdoctor.com/

I smoke, drink, eat rich food.

Got to the stage of needing bigger suits, breathlessness. Tried a mild form of the rugby training I used to do, which helped but didn't really reverse much of the harm.

Then found this, did it for two months - changed everything, including my attitude.

Thats interesting okaycuckoo, have you given up drinking milk altogether ? I love a cup of tea or ten a day have tried substitutes and do not like them in tea. They are alright in coffee but I don't really like coffee either.

It's funny the choices we make in our lives. I thought I'd post a couple of examples of extreme lifestyle choices, just as food for thought.

Archived