House Price Crash Forum

Ask The Pm - April 2009

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest anorthosite
I am going to try to do a house price question this afternoon - is there anything in particular you want me to ask?

Why don't you just f**k off now?

(That's the question for GB, not a general comment aimed to you)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I'd like you to ask the simple question that comes up on this site a lot.

Why are high prices seen as a bad thing in all life's essentials (food, water, heating etc), except for housing,

where the government deliberately strive to prop up high prices.

HOLA446

Gordon never answers the question even if he says he is answering the question.

I just like getting it off my chest

How about

In 1997 you said that you would not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the recovery. You then took away powers from the bank of England to regulate bank lending.

There then followed the biggest boom ever in house prices on the back of an explosion of debt. By 2007 lenders were lending 6 times a couples joint income at 125% of the value of a property and without needing proof of the applicant’s income. These mortgages were then securitised and sold in the marketplace. This is exactly what was going on in America where you claim all the blame lies for the financial crisis.

Why should we trust you to create the regulatory framework needed to ensure this does not happen again, when it was your regulations that allowed this to happen in this country?

HOLA447

If the tax payers give you personally one billion pounds and your own Scottish Island will you call a general election for next Thursday.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it will actually work out a lot cheaper that way than having you in power for another 10 months.

Edited by KingBingo

HOLA448
HOLA449
Gordon never answers the question even if he says he is answering the question.

I just like getting it off my chest

How about

In 1997 you said that you would not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the recovery. You then took away powers from the bank of England to regulate bank lending.

There then followed the biggest boom ever in house prices on the back of an explosion of debt. By 2007 lenders were lending 6 times a couples joint income at 125% of the value of a property and without needing proof of the applicant’s income. These mortgages were then securitised and sold in the marketplace. This is exactly what was going on in America where you claim all the blame lies for the financial crisis.

Why should we trust you to create the regulatory framework needed to ensure this does not happen again, when it was your regulations that allowed this to happen in this country?

And his answer would be

"I just don't accept that"

The same as he would not accept that anyone would be worse off with the 10p tax debacle.

HOLA4410
Why are high prices seen as a bad thing in all life's essentials (food, water, heating etc), except for housing,

Actually that's a good one. Its simple enough to have impact.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

If you wanna confuse the hell out of him try.....

So people have stopped buying houses, did this start in America or did it start here and stop in America or has it not stopped, if so when will it start again and will it start again America or here?

Cue the deer in headlight look.

HOLA4413

How are you going to impose benefit cuts on "alcoholics". Will you be giving the benefits staff access to people's medical records to do this.

(or will they just make the rules up as they go along, like the rest of you do)

ANOTHER ONE: would you please confirm the meaning of "lies" - is it the same meaning in your mind as "unfounded" and "unsubstantiated" -

Edited by bootfair

HOLA4414
How are you going to impose benefit cuts on "alcoholics". Will you be giving the benefits staff access to people's medical records to do this.

I think you've answered your own question. With ID cards, they'll just help themselves to your medical information for whatever they want.

Eventually any lifestyle-related injury/illness will be judged to be self inflicted and punishable.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Given Tony Blair was elected promising to serve a full third term, why are you Prime Minister?

Isn't it time you took responsibility for bust as well as boom?

When will the people of this country get a say on the Lisbon treaty, which we were promised before the last election?

Would your pension be approved by the court of public opinion?

Is an unelected leader who screams at his secretary, kicks over tables and throws mobile phones at walls, a fit and proper person to be in charge of nuclear weapons?

Of course you wouldn't get half an answer to twenty questions, and even less of an apology.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I'd like you to ask the simple question that comes up on this site a lot.

+1

another vote for this one

edit: quoted wrong message initially!

Edited by Farjer

HOLA4422
HOLA4423