House Price Crash Forum

One For Ttrtr And Co.

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

That's what, 15.7% on annualised basis?

Ouch.  Still, TTRTR has got good cashflow, so he should be able to ride out the storm.  Good luck mate

This is irrelevant in the real world.

Look, the capital value of any company fluctuates, but people still derive a useful income. My company might sell for less than it would have 24 months ago, but I still enjoy a good income.

If TTRTRs capital values reduce for a while - so what? Unless you take nerd - pedant economic view - point, there is no 'real' effect on his income.

I used to work for a big corporation and the share price once fell very sharply for a few years, but my income continued - so in practical terms I was unaffected.

I just checked TTRTR's wandsworth terraced suggestion.

down 8.2% since Dec

Hows that for research for you. swedeboner?

Pretty poor actually. If you're going to claim to have researched it, you'd have no credibility without referencing your source.

IMO your source is right in front of your nose, because you've obviously got your face so far up your **s*.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest wrongmove

LR data - looks pretty flat over last 6 months to me.

Average price history for terraced properties in Wandsworth

Edited to add - look below at the volumes though. The last quarter is the lowest on record - may just be greatest fools still shopping ?

This is irrelevant in the real world.

Look, the capital value of any company fluctuates, but people still derive a useful income. My company might sell for less than it would have 24 months ago, but I still enjoy a good income.

Not entirely irrelevant - if you are highly geared, you become very highly geared or even reach negative equity. This will result in problems with your lender and higher costs at least. If you have no debt, then no problem, but how many BTLers can say that ?

Edited by wrongmove

For the help of TTRTR who can't be bothered to post his own factual references:

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ced/l/sw18.html

So they're still going up - even more reason to assume they'll fall and fall further than the rest when they start coming down.

I've been looking in all these areas for a while now and have seen prices going up and up - but the same argument still applies - affordability will mean eventually these kind of houses will fall too.

I've been looking in this area, SW6, W6, SW19, SW15 at all the terraced houses and it's true they've been rising and rising over the last few years.

BUT - I am the key target market for buying this kind of house and if I can't afford it now, god only knows who can. We've waited and waited - knowing that we could at a huge stretch afford a terraced property in one of these areas. But why would we when it's clear already that things are turning.

Also, noticed a distinct change in the last 2 months. Properties are just sticking at this price range - not budging - seen it in SW15, SW19, SW6, SW5.

Watch and learn TTRTR - how long have you been in property? Since 1995? Obviously don't remember the last crash.

Unless you are totally paid off - if not, what's the overall gearing on your property?

Not entirely irrelevant - if you are highly geared, you become very highly geared or even reach negative equity. This will result in problems with your lender and higher costs at least. If you have no debt, then no problem, but how many BTLers can say that ?

I said for TTRTR capital value reductions are largely irrelevant. His debt is static and his income steady so falling values shouldnt worry him. You might say 'what if IR rise' but Im sure he's got all bases covered.

For the help of TTRTR who can't be bothered to post his own factual references:

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ced/l/sw18.html

So they're still going up - even more reason to assume they'll fall and fall further than the rest when they start coming down.

I've been looking in all these areas for a while now and have seen prices going up and up - but the same argument still applies - affordability will mean eventually these kind of houses will fall too.

I've been looking in this area, SW6, W6, SW19, SW15 at all the terraced houses and it's true they've been rising and rising over the last few years.

BUT - I am the key target market for buying this kind of house and if I can't afford it now, god only knows who can. We've waited and waited - knowing that we could at a huge stretch afford a terraced property in one of these areas. But why would we when it's clear already that things are turning.

Also, noticed a distinct change in the last 2 months. Properties are just sticking at this price range - not budging - seen it in SW15, SW19, SW6, SW5.

Watch and learn TTRTR - how long have you been in property? Since 1995? Obviously don't remember the last crash.

Unless you are totally paid off - if not, what's the overall gearing on your property?

Actually with 40% of places in Wandworth rented out, I suspect I am the target market for buying here. Thanks anyway.

BTW, I am off on holidays tomorrow & have spent the day gardening apart from the odd pop back to the laptop. So no time for researching what I already knew.

You wouldn't believe how fast the plants grow in Sweden & I'm away for 2 weeks (anyone want to rent my place while I'm away? :D ) so a very good trim was needed.

Ed Stansfield has been predicting a house price crash for longer than this site has been running. He is gets e exposure whenever a negative report is released. More and more so these days as he is one of the only economists left still predicting a house price crash.

If he is right he will earn an awful lot of money. However I think he just likes seeing his name in print so had predicted something controversial.