House Price Crash Forum

The Evidence Is Clear...

Strange - my understanding of the market in Derby is that the market is pretty stagnant with prices dropping off in the past few months. Can quote quite a few properties i have seen that have had quite substantial drops since christmas and still remain on the market.

Edited by oneb0y

You choose any city, I will show any examples of houses that have gone up in the last 24 hours that have smashed previous price ceilings.

==========================================

Indeed.

This is a good description of a bubble as it develops.

The diameter increase accelerates.

At the end, the increase is exponential....

POP !

Guest The dude
It's an accepted fact that the more intelligent people gravitate towards the SE. Derby is miles from anywhere decent therfore only idiots live there. It's taking them a while to work out what's wrong with high house prices.

"It's an accepted fact that the more intelligent people gravitate towards the SE"

Yet more ****** from ignoranus steve...

11/10/2001 £78,000 Semi F/H 44, Arlington Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 2RU

thats more like it. (now asking 170k.)

wages in leeds since 2001 havent changed -

why the insane leap in lending needed for the same pile of bricks.

whoever is stupid enough to buy this now at 170k deserves to get burned.

its worth 85-95 max. get real.

whoever is stupid enough to buy this now at 170k deserves to get burned.

its worth 85-95 max. get real.

so true. However; this world swallows souls and when the blues unfold its gets cold. Silence burn holes, you're going mad, pehaps you always were, but when things were good you just didn't care, this is called irony.

Rain taps on your window, always did tho, but you didnt hear it when things where so so...

Logic has gone out the window RSF.

Earnings nationally are up by 16% since 2001 (Average Earnings Index was 103.3 in April 2001, 119.9 in April 2005), so Leeds has suffered greatly from some local problems, in that case. Or do you think you might be mistaken?

this world swallows souls and when the blues unfold its gets cold. Silence burn holes, you're going mad, pehaps you always were, but when things were good you just didn't care, this is called irony.

Rain taps on your window, always did tho, but you didnt hear it when things where so so...

Best market analysis I've read in a while... B)

Here's Brad DeLong on rational investors in irrational markets, sound but not as left-hemisphere memorable.

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2005/06/the_economic_so.html

HOT TIP!!!!!

CRAZY weekend deals, this weekend in PECKHAM! Yes, Peckham is the new place to be seen, living it up in your 2-bed. Only minutes away from the local cinema where a mate once saw a guy get a bj off a bird in the foyer.

HAS TO BE SEEN!!!!

Earnings nationally are up by 16% since 2001 (Average Earnings Index was 103.3 in April 2001, 119.9 in April 2005), so Leeds has suffered greatly from some local problems, in that case. Or do you think you might be mistaken?

Yeah but what's the RPIX done in the same time period?

Leeds FTBs are probably no better off today than in 2001 but look at the HPI!

The point is I do not think the crash has started yet. I still believe there will be a soft landing.

Yeah and Santa Clause come round once a year... but only to visit the materialist Western children. tosser.gif

post-1511-1118889002.gif

OK I finally found 1 that has recorded a loss. Bought last year for £20,000. Sold this year in Auction for £16,000.

property auctions (You have to look through the auction results page, it is the second auction down.)

5, Redcar Road East, Middlesbrough

There are other auction examples that show gains as well. Still not conclusive I know, but you are looking at up-to-date information