House Price Crash Forum

Jag/landrover........"request" £773 Million!

Mega

HOLA441
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest sillybear2
How many new cars could you buy with that? :unsure:

About 20,000 knob-substitutes/4xhandbags @35K-ish each. Or about the number of cars they shifted in 2008, in other words. Something stinks.......

Yes, the cost of developing new cars, the new LXR model will cost upwards of £400m to develop.

land_rover_lrx_20082.jpg

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA447

I read one report that Ford is still waiting for the money Tata owes them for the purchase of Jaguar and Land Rover.

If that is the case (perhaps someone can confirm this), then the government would effectively be using taxpayers' money to help and Indian company buy JLR from and American company.

Re tha LXR concept in the photo - it's absurd. Taking Land Rover into the same sports/SUV crossover that BMW is planning to do with the proposed Mini Crossman, an SUV that looks like a bloated New Mini!

Edited by blankster

HOLA448
Guest sillybear2
Once we all get that £2000 from the Guv for our nine year old cars, we'll all be buying Jags. Problem solved.

That's Prezzawang!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
I read one report that Ford is still waiting for the money Tata owes them for the purchase of Jaguar and Land Rover.

If that is the case (perhaps someone can confirm this), then the government would effectively be using taxpayers' money to help and Indian company buy JLR from and American company.

And as I have mentioned umpteen times before, Tata is one of the big players in offshoring IT jobs...

Edit to add:

But not in Labour or Marginal constituencies, obvously.

Edited by bobthe~

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Good Lord. It's almost as if everything we've ever thought about money, profitable businesses and economies is just an elaborate hoax.

HOLA4414
Guest sillybear2
Good Lord. It's almost as if everything we've ever thought about money, profitable businesses and economies is just an elaborate hoax.

Is is, but try reversing the con when it comes to paying your taxes, see how far that gets you ;)

HOLA4415

Last year the Government decided to slap £400 road tax on vehicles like this allegedly to discourage people from buying them.

Now people have stopped buying them, the Government is going to give the company millions of pounds to build cars hardly anyone wants or can afford?????

Obviously the £400 road tax was nothing to do with environmental concerns, it was just an excuse to tax people.

And bailing the company out is nothing to do with saving jobs - it's just a cynical attempt to buy votes in a marginal area.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Is is, but try reversing the con when it comes to paying your taxes, see how far that gets you ;)

Good Lord. It's almost as if a group of people are trying to corruptly assume some sort of diabolical control over another group for some reason.

HOLA4418

People still live in earthquake zones, they just rebuild and hope for the best. Many seem to think of the current situation as a financial earthquake, and that the task is to rebuild the economy/banking system/property market back to exactly what it was before the earthquake.

HOLA4419
Guest sillybear2
Last year the Government decided to slap £400 road tax on vehicles like this allegedly to discourage people from buying them.

Now people have stopped buying them, the Government is going to give the company millions of pounds to build cars hardly anyone wants or can afford?????

Of course the government doesn't really want people to stop buying them, they want people to drive these vehicles and pay the £400 tax.

HOLA4420
Of course the government doesn't really want people to stop buying them, they want people to drive these vehicles and pay the £400 tax.

Good Lord. It's like everything I've ever thought about green taxation is a lie.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2
People still live in earthquake zones, they just rebuild and hope for the best. Many seem to think of the current situation as a financial earthquake, and that the task is to rebuild the economy/banking system/property market back to exactly what it was before the earthquake.

Brown et al have simply gone down the Cargo Cult route.

HOLA4423
Guest sillybear2
Good Lord. It's like everything I've ever thought about green taxation is a lie.

Indeed, I suggest you buy 10 bottles of whiskey and a few dozen packs of cigarettes in order to settle your nerves.

HOLA4424
Indeed, I suggest you buy 10 bottles of whiskey and a few dozen packs of cigarettes in order to settle your nerves.

Good Lord. It's like they're just deliberately trying to keep us busy doing pointless things for some sort of paper based atavistic numerical construct.

I think this calls for gin and a pipe so that I may investigate further.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4425