House Price Crash Forum

1. Tesco Internet Savings 1.75% Ex Bonus?

1. Can anyone confirm - Tesco Internet Savings now paying 1.75% - as someone who joined when there was the bonus ( I think the bonus was 1 or 1.5% ) do I still get that bonus paid on top of the 1.75% for a year after opening my account? Or have they withdrawn it or reduced it?

2. Tesco onliners remember you're now going to need a card reader and card if you want to withdraw. Not sure if that's for old payees as well as new payees, but the card reader they send out is a long-winded affair, so plan ahead and go online and get it ordered today.

1. Can anyone confirm - Tesco Internet Savings now paying 1.75% - as someone who joined when there was the bonus ( I think the bonus was 1 or 1.5% ) do I still get that bonus paid on top of the 1.75% for a year after opening my account? Or have they withdrawn it or reduced it?

2. Tesco onliners remember you're now going to need a card reader and card if you want to withdraw. Not sure if that's for old payees as well as new payees, but the card reader they send out is a long-winded affair, so plan ahead and go online and get it ordered today.

Opening that bank account was the most tedious, and pointless thing I've done for ages.

It was tortuous and arduous, and the net result is a bank account that I don't know the interest rate I'm being paid.

It was supposed to be 6%, but exactly as you have described there's no indication as to what it is now, or whether I qualify for a bonus etc.

Interest is paid annually so I can't even work it out from this.

I've already decided to close it, so thanks for the heads-up.

TM, I don't know what the rate is, the website there seems to be a maze. Suggest you give them a bell and get the IR in writing before closing it, just in case you're still getting the bonus - which would then make it one of the better paying accounts.

But at the mo, I can't see what I'm getting either! It seems to be 1.75%, but then if I'm getting the bonus it could be 3.25% perhaps...

Interest was paid on this account a few days ago and both OH and I got two seperate payments ... one for the standard variable rate (currently 1.75%) and the other for our bonus rate (1.5%). As we opened our accounts in November 2008, we're expecting our bonus rate to continue until November 2009, but I have to agree with others that it's a bit daft not even being able to see in your account details exactly what you're actually getting at the moment!!!

Interest was paid on this account a few days ago and both OH and I got two seperate payments ... one for the standard variable rate (currently 1.75%) and the other for our bonus rate (1.5%). As we opened our accounts in November 2008, we're expecting our bonus rate to continue until November 2009, but I have to agree with others that it's a bit daft not even being able to see in your account details exactly what you're actually getting at the moment!!!

Pls see my thread on 'deliberate obfuscation' and sign the No. 10 petition. This is exactly what it's about.

First I've heard about card readers... Can someone tell me how to get this mythical device ?

There is scant mention of it on the site and certainly no mention of how to get one ... I went on there expecting to find a button to order it.

I phoned a couple of days ago and am getting 1.75% plus 1.5% bonus. But their web site is a pain to use.

I have not received a card holder & so made a withdrawal (for ISA) on Monday by phone. It was showing as cleared funds in my HSBC current account within minutes.