House Price Crash Forum

Discharging Debts - Bankruptcy Act 1869

Guest UK Debt Slave

So what exactly is he trying to say?

That we are all bankrupt under and act that was last current when none of us were born, with a magic special kind of bankruptcy that conveniently covers all future debts too?

If you believe that, please send me all your money and I will show you a trick.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UK Debt Slave
The sites author(s) seem obsessed with reading strange (and incorrect) meanings into words and phrases, and then inferring vast conspiracies.

That, and looking up governmental entities and organisations on Dun & Bradstreet business information website, and then inferring nonsensical conclusions and vast conspiracies.

It all sounds worryingly like schizophrenic paranoia.

I guess if we think about it, our leaders are merely the king-pins we vote in cos we like them more than other wannabe king-pins. We submit to their will and their laws every day of our lives, because we know if it wasn't them, it would be someone else. We can choose to live outside their rules (rule of law) any time we want, but, like ex-mafiosa, we not only stand the chance of being abused by them for "disrespecting" them, we also stand a good chance of being abused by others that would challenge their authority (in common parlance, criminals): life can be tough without the Godfather's protection.

As with mafia families, our rulers have crafted carefully defined codes of conduct. Stay within them, like McNulty, and you will be okay. Breach them and you'll be seen as disrespecting authority. Indeed, if you want to bring the law down upon yourself with full force, question its validity.

Insofar that the site in question seeks to make people aware that the law is not god-given or ethical or a set of moral absolutes but merely a collection of arbitrary codes of conduct that one must adhere to retain membership of the gang headed up by "government", it performs a valid function.

The danger is that in recognising this, people begin to openly challenge authority. For the powers that be, this is the worst kind of criminal. They don't mind the odd murderer or crime of passion. Any mafia boss expects the members of his gang to let off steam now and again. What they really will not stand for are peeps who challenge the very validity of their authority. That's disrespectful. You will be on your own and in trouble no matter how invalid you know their authority to be.

Quite agree with everything you say

When I started this thread, I was not suggesting for one minute that everyone runs out the door and buys themselves a copy of Black's Law 5th edition and goes on a crusade against the Laws of Commerce

But it is good to make people aware how the system works

As i explained earlier, the coppers who gunned down Jean Charles Menezez at Stockwell tube station were tried under commerce (Health and Safety Regs), not Common Law (manslaughter..... or murder even)

If people properly understood the implications of that, they would be justly outraged.

This is the eperfect example of how they bend the rules in the opposite direction to defend themselves.

Outrageous!!!!

They claim the cars more or less as they roll off the production line afaik. You'd have to build a brand new car from bits or something.

No they don't. DVLA don't know anything about a car until someone applies to register it. It is perfectly possible to purchase one unregistered and, unless you want to use it in public, you don't need to register that fact that you possess it. You often see valuable or rare cars which have been bought by collectors which have never been registered.

Guest UK Debt Slave
No they don't. DVLA don't know anything about a car until someone applies to register it. It is perfectly possible to purchase one unregistered and, unless you want to use it in public, you don't need to register that fact that you possess it. You often see valuable or rare cars which have been bought by collectors which have never been registered.

If you are keeping off road, you have to declare a SORN don't you?

I believe it is possible to insure an unregistered automobile in certain circumstances. Don't bother phoning Direct Line though! LOL

Not for the road, I wouldn't have thought. It is a requirement that road vehicles are registered and using one which isn't is illegal. An insurance company could not offer insurance for you to do something illegal. The exception would be motor trade businesses who use trade plates and have traders insurance policies.

However, you can't technically say that he WILL issue a certificate. What if he just sits there and says "No, I won't" like a spoiled child? So instead you word the law with "shall", compelling him to do it. If he doesn't do it, you can then prosecute him.

Sec.44 gives you a right of appeal and if the cops are simply saying No without offering reason then the court will order him to do so. He could also be prosecuted for misfeasance in a public office, I would think.

I don't think SORN is a meaningful concept for an unregistered vehicle, the SORN application is part of the registration documentation and in any case:

Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) means that, by law, DVLA must be informed when a registered keeper does not re-license a vehicle because it is not being used or kept on a public road.
Excellent point. I believe under the statute system, if you deposit £500,000 with some person in the government, you are automatically insured to drive any car. Read this stuff. It is amazing.

Road Traffic Act 1988 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Ukpga_19880052_en_1

143 Users of motor vehicles to be insured or secured against third-party risks

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Part of this Act—

(a) a person must not use a motor vehicle on a road unless there is in force in relation to the use of the vehicle by that person such a policy of insurance or such a security in respect of third party risks as complies with the requirements of this Part of this Act, and ...

144 Exceptions from requirement of third-party insurance or security

(1) Section 143 of this Act does not apply to a vehicle owned by a person who has deposited and keeps deposited with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court the sum of £15,000, at a time when the vehicle is being driven under the owner’s control

Road Traffic Act 1991 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1991/Ukpga_19910040_en_1.htm

20 Exception from requirement of third-party insurance

(1) Section 144 of the [1988 c. 52.] Road Traffic Act 1988 shall be amended as follows.

(2) In subsection (1) (which removes the requirement for third-party insurance or security where £15,000 is kept deposited with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court) for “£15,000” there shall be substituted “£500,000”

That's interesting that. I knew that you could self insure in some manner but didn't know you did it like that. The problem is though is that it's all very well that you can do it but what happens if you are faced with a big claim? The guy who drove his land rover down an embankment into a train ended up with a claim of over 20 million quid.

That's interesting that. I knew that you could self insure in some manner but didn't know you did it like that. The problem is though is that it's all very well that you can do it but what happens if you are faced with a big claim? The guy who drove his land rover down an embankment into a train ended up with a claim of over 20 million quid.

£20,000,000

Sorted.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Not for the road, I wouldn't have thought. It is a requirement that road vehicles are registered and using one which isn't is illegal. An insurance company could not offer insurance for you to do something illegal. The exception would be motor trade businesses who use trade plates and have traders insurance policies.

There are Freeman in Canada and possibly the UK too who drive cars. They must be able to get insurance somehow. I think the trade insurance policies. You don't have to register cars at all in America and they don't pay a vehicle excise tax like us

There are Freeman in Canada and possibly the UK too who drive cars. They must be able to get insurance somehow. I think the trade insurance policies. You don't have to register cars at all in America and they don't pay a vehicle excise tax like us

They bond their cars i.e. leave a sum of money with the relevent authority in case of an accident.

It's a fools game, what the authorities do is impound the car, then let it go, then impound it again, then let it go until you give up.

One guy I heard of did it but spent a month inside for his troubles. I can't recall the name just now though.

How can you if it's not registered? There is no requirement to register a vehicle if you do not intent to use it in public. Private race circuits often own vehicles not registered with DVLA and are often unregisterable as they are not road legal.

How can you if it's not registered? There is no requirement to register a vehicle if you do not intent to use it in public. Private race circuits often own vehicles not registered with DVLA and are often unregisterable as they are not road legal.

Right, so you are saying that it's a unilateral contract and performance is acceptance then?

i.e. if you use their roads then you have agreed to their terms?

Are you saying that there are people in the UK who are driving unregistered cars and are insured?

I think you will find that you do actually have to register cars in the US if you intend to use them on public roads.

Are you saying that there are people in the UK who are driving unregistered cars and are insured?

I think you will find that you do actually have to register cars in the US if you intend to use them on public roads.

Nah you don't.

The various states might have their own laws but there is no federal thing requiring them and by default it's free movement.

It's a fools game, what the authorities do is impound the car, then let it go, then impound it again, then let it go until you give up.

How big do you think their impound lots are? Could just buy old junk cars on the cheap and never bother to recover them. Disposable cars.

Guest UK Debt Slave

You're right actually. You do

And if you move to a different state, youhave to register it in that state and apply for a license to drive in that state if you stay for more than a certain length of time.

No road tax though. They don't have license discs

Right, so you are saying that it's a unilateral contract and performance is acceptance then?

i.e. if you use their roads then you have agreed to their terms?

You're drifting off rthe point again. It doesn't matter what I think it is. The discussion is about declaring SORN. Fact is that you can own a car without it being registered so you do not have to, and cannot, declar5e a SORN because it only applies to registered vehicles.

ok. lets take income tax for example.

if its so easy to avoid paying income tax, using the argument that you have not entered into a contract and do not recognise the agreement as valid, then why are there no precedents about such a case. (maybe there are?). I'm sure some of the world's richest most corrupt tax payers would have willingly paid off a top lawyer to argue such a case if it were feasible (again, maybe this has happened).

Are you suggesting the world's richest men pay tax...

Heaven forbid.

An example of Law defininitions.

Balentine's Law Dictionary (1930):

human being: See monster. Ok, let's see "monster."

Monster: A human being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal. "A monster, hath no inheritable blood, and cannot be heir to any land."

This may be enough to make any upstanding citizen disrespect the so called legislative body.

It made me laugh, the system is that corrupt I bet you all thought it was even OK to call yourself human, apparently it is not. Unless of course you are a lower animal.

If you have a month or 2 to spend there is some amazing stuff on this link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CommonLaw/comments...ideos_seminars/

Think about words and consider the plight of aboriginal peoples. abnormal / aboriginal

Breaking the words down shows that when we are represented in court we are actually not being presented, or we / they would present us in court obviously and use the correct wording.

If anyone would like to argue the points I have made here please do some research, and point me to your sources. I do not wish to get into blind argument.

Guest UK Debt Slave
You're drifting off rthe point again. It doesn't matter what I think it is. The discussion is about declaring SORN. Fact is that you can own a car without it being registered so you do not have to, and cannot, declar5e a SORN because it only applies to registered vehicles.

What vehicles aren't registered apart from vehicles that have been scrapped and then restored for example

I have a Triumph motorcyle that is 57 years old. It hasn't been on the road for 10 years but it is still registered with the DVLA

Err....so you do have to register them!

Only if you are in some states within the united states and then only if that can be proven by whoever wants to take you to court.

Whereas our legal syste, says that the queen is at the top 9and therefore it;s her roads and you have to obey), theirs very explicitly says that all are equal. So if bob from the DMV wants you to get registered, you can tell him to go ****** himself.

Whereas our legal syste, says that the queen is at the top 9and therefore it;s her roads and you have to obey), theirs very explicitly says that all are equal. So if bob from the DMV wants you to get registered, you can tell him to go ****** himself.

In that case hasn't she built her roads on our land?

What vehicles aren't registered apart from vehicles that have been scrapped and then restored for example

I have a Triumph motorcyle that is 57 years old. It hasn't been on the road for 10 years but it is still registered with the DVLA

No car is registered until someone decides to do it. Dealers don't buy new cars pre-registered from the factory. It gets registered when someone buys it but it's perfectly possible to buy one unregistered. Unregistered Ferrari's, Lambo's and the like are not uncommon in the classic car trade. Lots Jag XJ 220's were bought by collectors and speculators in the 1980's and where never registered.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classi...php/carno/20777

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:VJmSi...lient=firefox-a

Edited by 6538