House Price Crash Forum

I Love My Boss - Thank You Mr M

I work for an online retailer. In recent months the boss of our little business has been in a panic. To his credit he has negotiated better deals with suppliers, credit card companies and now has the best offers for technology on the web.

I will refrain for advertising the online shop out of fairness to housepricecrash.

Due his hard work and effort, we are all guaranteed work for at least the next year, as sales have exceed 2004 levels which was our best year ever.

If neccesity is the mother of invention, he has surely proved it. The business costs are now a quater of what they were and we have increased sales off the chart, just finishing now from a 7am start.

I am sure more small business will be following the same Ethos, at least the ones with great leaders.

I write this thread with a can of Stella Artois raised in salute to Mr M, the best boss in the world.

Thank you very much.

I write this thread with a can of Stella Artois raised in salute to Mr M, the best boss in the world.

Thank you very much.

Sorry.

You are not allowed to post good news on this forum, only doom and gloom.

Mods, please remove AT ONCE!!!!! :P

Thats brilliant, Just to add, we went shopping last week and couldnt find a parking space it was so busy - this was in the car park that serves Matalan, ASDA and TKMaxx - the cheap shops, just bought a new sofa for half of what we paid for our last one over 10 years ago, and today bought a simpsons DVD for £1.50 reduced from £15.

The recession would be nowhere near as bad if business simply charged a fair price, those car parks of thousands of cars would soon empty if they slashed the prices.

In contrast I went into M&S this evening to buy some food, it was OK but overpriced, carpark empty, the voucherI had I couldnt use as it had small print get out, the promotions they had for the £10 deal I couldnt get as for the third time of trying they didnt have everything in stock.

Best of British to you, it seems like you and your boss deserve it.

Thats brilliant, Just to add, we went shopping last week and couldnt find a parking space it was so busy - this was in the car park that serves Matalan, ASDA and TKMaxx - the cheap shops, just bought a new sofa for half of what we paid for our last one over 10 years ago, and today bought a simpsons DVD for £1.50 reduced from £15.

The recession would be nowhere near as bad if business simply charged a fair price, those car parks of thousands of cars would soon empty if they slashed the prices.

In contrast I went into M&S this evening to buy some food, it was OK but overpriced, carpark empty, the voucherI had I couldnt use as it had small print get out, the promotions they had for the £10 deal I couldnt get as for the third time of trying they didnt have everything in stock.

Best of British to you, it seems like you and your boss deserve it.

It was mothers day last week that's why it was busy... ;)

without doubt that is the most heart-warming post I've ever read on this forum.

It reminds me of the time one of my staff (a Kiwi who was leaving to return to NZ with her husband) gave me a brass letter opener with a very complimentary line similar to your toast to your current boss.

I know that whenever I look at it, it makes all the long hours, bitchy customers, equally bitchy suppliers and stress worth every moment.

As an ex-boss, I know that he would probably appreciate a more direct sign of your appreciation. It is equally important in these harsh economic times for employees to support their bosses as it is for bosses to support their employees. He'd probably appreciate the recognition.

All the best for the coming month / years... :)