Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
The footage shows Mr Brown smiling and making notes during the verbal attack.

MEMO TO SELF

1. Print more money

2. Hype house sales

3. err.... print more money

4. Go to 1.

HOLA448
HOLA449
I note that the Beeb has chosen the most flattering picture of Brown they could find.

TANTRIC2.jpg

post-9120-1238171082_thumb.jpg

HOLA4410

The speech itself is interesting but unimportant. What won't have escaped a focus group obsessed bunch like NuLab is the response. THEY will see this as a sign that there is such underlying distain for Brown. Just one decent speech by a relative unknown is so popular that Brown is obviously toxic to them.

Get the G20 out of the way, then dump him.

HOLA4411

There's been a lot of carping on this forum about the speech and/or Hannan. I don't get it. I'm fairly left-wing. I don't mind high tax in a good cause, and I'm not inclined to froth at the mouth if I see a job title such as diversity officer. Oh, and I like the EU and I don't think adopting the euro would be the end of civilisation.

Nevertheless, I loved it. If people in parliament or elsewhere having been saying what Hannan said so clearly and eloquently, I've not heard them. The myth of Brown's financial acumen has seemed very resilient. And I don't care how wrong Hannan has been in the past, or that he's an anti-europe nutjob, or right-wing. I haven't voted for him, and I never will - I just thought it was a bloody good speech that needed to be made.

The reaction of some on here, and in the wider world has been to attack the speech as "not important", "wrong, but we're not going to tell you how", or the messenger. Those are pretty shabby tactics, and would seem to indicate an awareness that Hannan is right.

I would be fascinated to read an informative and clear rebuttal of the speech's content, but, afaik, there hasn't been one.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I'm sorry, a million hits is good but if you want to make it to the big time what you need are sheep. Lots of sheep.

Getting on for 4 million hits and counting.

I'm not going to click on that because I don't want to be a sheep!

Could you tell us what it is?

As for the Hannan speech, delighted he made it, even more that it was great speech (delivery and content). It needed saying, and Brown needed to sit and listen and take it. The speech struck a chord. Attacks on Hannan merely raise the ante.

Brown is finished. This latest jaunt (what for?) has been a disaster (Chilean PM today saying they are well placed because they put some money aside in the good times).

Regardless of the politics, the Hannan speech was long overdue, the million YT hits is as much about relief of someone finally saying what we were feeling.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420