House Price Crash Forum

Hilti Gun For 50 Quid From Builder Who Was Selling Out

calvinhobbes

I bought a hilti gun (second hand) for my dad from a builder who was selling out. We tried it and it works beautifully. Dad has hired them out numerous times and this really is a bargain.Sign of the times.

Anyway, does anyone know is a permit required for them, (dad has a valid gun licence).

I bought a hilti gun (second hand) for my dad from a builder who was selling out. We tried it and it works beautifully. Dad has hired them out numerous times and this really is a bargain.Sign of the times.

Anyway, does anyone know is a permit required for them, (dad has a valid gun licence).

Nail gun? You don't need a licence.

I bought a whacker plate last week - I've got a road that needs fixing. New price, about 2 grand, this one was £200. Obviously used, but in perfect working order, not stolen as bought from a reputable trader, rather than from a bloke down the pub. His comment when I questioned the price/condition: "I've got loads of them coming in all the time, I need to get rid of them, hence they're cheap".

I have a builder mate who was amazed that I got it for £200.

I have a nail gun competancy card.

If I were to hire a hilti gun at the weekend to do general house DIY, then I could, even wothout a card. In fact, any numpty can.

However, to hire one for work, I need a competancy card. So in theory, someone who fails their test for a card, can still go out on saturday and hire a nail gun to do DIY.

Edited by Mrs Imp

I have a nail gun competancy card.

If I were to hire a hilti gun at the weekend to do general house DIY, then I could, even wothout a card. In fact, any numpty can.

However, to hire one for work, I need a competancy card. So in theory, someone who fails their test for a card, can still go out on saturday and hire a nail gun to do DIY.

In the tangled web of govt bureaucracy you need to contact your local council if you want to move a plug socket.

Loads of bargains around on plant and equipment. Just bought a job lot of 10 44ft trailers for £20k, would've payed that for 3 eighteen months ago.