House Price Crash Forum
Uriah Heap

Adam Applegarth Was A Star

Um, seriously??? :lol:

Sheesh, I don't know what this guy's smoking but I wish he'd hurry up with it and pass it round! ...Bradford & Bingley was "well-managed" with an "excellent" board... :o...the guy was a star... :blink:

Leave it out, geezer. Adam Applegarth could shove the whole constellation of Orion up his a.rse and it still wouldn't make him a star.

There must have been some really Extraordinary Board Meetings at B&B, if I ain't being too subtle! ;)

Guest sillybear2

This guy rather misses the point, no surprise given he's involved with banks and the City, NR should never of had any shareholders, if he wants to praise somebody then praise the people who managed to keep the mutual institution going for over 150 years until a bunch of clueless tits like him and Applegarth trashed the place in less than 8 years.

Don't these people appreciate the damage they have done? Considering how they're rewarded, regardless of reality, then they probably don't.

Stupid, silly, greedy, incompetent f***rs, f**k all of them, f***ts.

Just a minor point...

It's Sir GEORGE Cox (Brian Cox is an actor).

Anyhoo, Cox by name etc etc etc...

We have a surplus of sirs and lords in our country........and they don't seem to be doing us a lot of favours

Guest sillybear2
We have a surplus of sirs and lords in our country........and they don't seem to be doing us a lot of favours

I thought such titles simply denotes what to expect of the person these days, Sir = idiot, Lord = crook.

Its surreal that he would even allow himself to write that.

In any kind of sane world, people who come out with such daft assertions would really seal theyre own fate.

I mean,

He added: "The idea that wholesale funding would seize up for months was never considered."

Do we really want these people to stay in any position of authority? That they actually admit such things, that they had no idea, and still have no idea.

And this too;

"Like all mortgage banks, it borrowed in the money market. You couldn't fund the level of mortgages required by the market from retail savings, which would only have provided about a third of the mortgages that we've enjoyed in recent years. So everyone was doing this for many years."

The depth of their acumen really seems to go no deeper than everyone else was doing it, so it must be okay.

"... which would only have provided about a third of the mortgages that we've enjoyed in recent years..."

Is enjoyed really the right word?

Just a minor point...

It's Sir GEORGE Cox (Brian Cox is an actor).

Anyhoo, Cox by name etc etc etc...

Spot on. If I was running the SFO, the first place I'd do would be to get a list of all the Sirs and Lords in the country.

Jailing all the crooks amongst them would keep me going into retirement and a consultancy job thereafter without any doubt.

The moment the Queen gives anyone a knighthood or a Lordship the SFO should be round their house with a warrant to find out how they earned it.

you need to read the quotes to yourself from George Cox in a thick proud, even boastful, Yorkshire accent, with a hint of 'I don't really know what I'm talking about but if I sound confident then it's probably right' to really make the stupidity sink in...

Adam Applegarth a star?

Are bankers the new celebrities?

They do sod all for society, they're just parasites, they produce nothing, they screw the system over and bring down economies.

Edited by drhewitt

Its surreal that he would even allow himself to write that.

In any kind of sane world, people who come out with such daft assertions would really seal theyre own fate.

I mean,

He added: "The idea that wholesale funding would seize up for months was never considered."

Do we really want these people to stay in any position of authority? That they actually admit such things, that they had no idea, and still have no idea.

And this too;

"Like all mortgage banks, it borrowed in the money market. You couldn't fund the level of mortgages required by the market from retail savings, which would only have provided about a third of the mortgages that we've enjoyed in recent years. So everyone was doing this for many years."

The depth of their acumen really seems to go no deeper than everyone else was doing it, so it must be okay.

Sibley. If you read this thread you might like to take note of this. Retail savings are down also.

p-o-p

Is enjoyed really the right word?

Maybe he and his fellow financial wizards have been enjoying it, but I'm not sure about anyone else. Or maybe he's mad.

Guest sillybear2
Oh yes a star.........a falling star

Applegarth must be a star, we're still paying him £60k a month after all.