dalek

HOLA441
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

"Unfortunately for the developers of Westfield, it was planned and being built way before anyone heard the term "credit crunch". By the time the recession hit, they were committed. What else could they do at that point?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This "shopping centre" ABSOLUTELY epitimizes more perfectly than ANYTHING else - the CRAZY, STUPID, INANE and INSANE so-called "Prosperity" of the last 10+ years....... It is almost like a stage-piece TRAGEDY!! :P Only - it's for real!! :P:P

And - How many of you are SICK AND TIRED of this STUPID & INACURATE term - "THE CREDIT CRUNCH"???

It should be RENAMED ---

THE MORTGAGE FRAUD/LIAR LOAN CATASTROPHE...

The whole of this ["Credit Crunch"]/MORTGAGE FRAUD/LIAR LOAN CATASTROPHE came at us like a MASSIVE FLUORESCENT BRICK for YEARS AND YEARS --- IT WAS SO OBVIOUS IT WAS COMING......

a 14yr old kid starting his/her GCSE in maths could have seen the WHOLE THING coming - it was

THE GREATEST EVER PONZI SCAM/PYRAMID SELLING SCAM OF ALL TIME

FUELLED BY LIAR LOANS/MORTGAGE FRAUD

USING "HOUSING" & "HOUSE PRICES" AS THE VEHICLE THAT HAS ULTIMATELY TAKEN US ALL DOWN TO MELTING POINT...

IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA443
"Unfortunately for the developers of Westfield, it was planned and being built way before anyone heard the term "credit crunch". By the time the recession hit, they were committed. What else could they do at that point?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This "shopping centre" ABSOLUTELY epitimizes more perfectly than ANYTHING else - the CRAZY, STUPID, INANE and INSANE so-called "Prosperity" of the last 10+ years....... It is almost like a stage-piece TRAGEDY!! :P Only - it's for real!! :P:P

And - How many of you are SICK AND TIRED of this STUPID & INACURATE term - "THE CREDIT CRUNCH"???

It should be RENAMED ---

THE MORTGAGE FRAUD/LIAR LOAN CATASTROPHE...

The whole of this ["Credit Crunch"]/MORTGAGE FRAUD/LIAR LOAN CATASTROPHE came at us like a MASSIVE FLUORESCENT BRICK for YEARS AND YEARS --- IT WAS SO OBVIOUS IT WAS COMING......

a 14yr old kid starting his/her GCSE in maths could have seen the WHOLE THING coming - it was

THE GREATEST EVER PONZI SCAM.PYRAMID SELLING SCAM OF ALL TIME

FUELLED BY LIAR LOANS/MORTGAGE FRAUD

USING "HOUSING" & "HOUSE PRICES" AS THE VEHICLE THAT HAS ULTIMATELY TAKEN US ALL DOWN TO MELTING POINT...

IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Calm down dear it is only a commercial....you don't have to buy into it although many have done to their downfall. ;)

HOLA444

If Westfield the company went broke, the centre would still trade after some kind of refinancing. It's a similar situation to Canary Wharf in the early 90s, which almost went under but is now hugely successful.

The place's biggest flaw is currently food. They put a load of upmarket eateries in, but if you're dragging your family around you often want to spend £15 on a Happy Meals, not £45 on a bunch of fancy stuff.

Also of interest, there's an even bigger Westfield being built at Stratford in time for the Olympics.

HOLA445
Ayy? What you on about?

Course it makes a difference. Only skint people come out with statements like that. :lol:

If I've got a Burberry scarf on and you have a Primart one are you telling me we are equal?

You need a reality check on whats important in life. :lol:

If you've got a Burberry scarf on you're a chav :P

HOLA446
If Westfield the company went broke, the centre would still trade after some kind of refinancing.

Actually when this one goes and pulls the inevitable phoenix it's going to flush a goodly wodge of Australian institutional capital right down the S-bend with it.

They might even end up needing taxpayer support in the end.

HOLA447
If Westfield the company went broke, the centre would still trade after some kind of refinancing. It's a similar situation to Canary Wharf in the early 90s, which almost went under but is now hugely successful.

The place's biggest flaw is currently food. They put a load of upmarket eateries in, but if you're dragging your family around you often want to spend £15 on a Happy Meals, not £45 on a bunch of fancy stuff.

Nail. Head.

I had 4 hours to kill on Wednesday morning so caught the H&S line round to Shepherds Bush to have a mooch round the Westfield. After spending half an hour or so "working" courtesy of the Apple Store (their open Internet policy really does pay dividends, I can see myself buying a MacBook in the future), I was both thirsty and hungry. Was there something sensibly priced to eat / drink around Westfield?

Nothing whatsoever.

I had however spotted a Waitrose supermarket, and a pint of milk is always a good thirst / hunger quencher so that was the sum total of my spend at Westfield.

Then, on the way to White City tube in order to catch the Central Line to where I needed to be I spotted an Esso Petrol station - £1.99 for a sandwich and a drink. Bingo. That'll do me. And kept me going until my evening meal.

Total spend at Westfield: £0.59

HOLA448
HOLA449
Nail. Head.

I had 4 hours to kill on Wednesday morning so caught the H&S line round to Shepherds Bush to have a mooch round the Westfield. After spending half an hour or so "working" courtesy of the Apple Store (their open Internet policy really does pay dividends, I can see myself buying a MacBook in the future), I was both thirsty and hungry. Was there something sensibly priced to eat / drink around Westfield?

Nothing whatsoever.

I had however spotted a Waitrose supermarket, and a pint of milk is always a good thirst / hunger quencher so that was the sum total of my spend at Westfield.

Then, on the way to White City tube in order to catch the Central Line to where I needed to be I spotted an Esso Petrol station - £1.99 for a sandwich and a drink. Bingo. That'll do me. And kept me going until my evening meal.

Self quote because somebody just buried my 5 paragraph post with a one-liner.

Edited by djm1972

HOLA4410
Last two weeks recession busting purchases.

Citizen Skyhawk watch. Mental bargain. Shop return worn once. RRP £350. I gave £95. Yes £95. :D

Aquascutum padded jacket. 50% off. £109.

Roy Robson coat RRP £199 bought for a snip £35.

Why do you think that is, Sibley? Why is it possible to buy things so much more cheaply now than, say, six months ago? We're well past the January sales period, after all.

And what does it mean to the retailer when he/she accepts less than half of the original price? Who absorbs the 'loss'? What likely effect is that going to have on the wages of the people who work in the shop, the amount of money the commercial landlord can charge, the number of shops able to stay open on reduced overheads, etc.?

HOLA4411

Also of interest, there's an even bigger Westfield being built at Stratford in time for the Olympics.

Canary Wharf was the BIGGEST bankrutpcy in history at the time, as the developers busted.

nothing much has changed.

HOLA4412
Nail. Head.

Nothing whatsoever.

:lol:

that's 59p more than me

HOLA4413
Come on be fair to me here.

I go to town every week and it's like this. Rammed with people shopping. I don't know a single person out of work and I have been flat out since Christmas.

Loose road new built apartments sold out. Big house on left of Wheatsheaf pub sold this week and a 3 bed in my village only dropping 7% from asking price which is normal in any conditions. What recession????

I tell the truth. I see the truth.

If anyone lives in Maidstone go and look. Drive down Sheals Crescent on the other side of the road. Look at the sold signs.

Lot of people on here post what they want not what is actually going on.

I really don't think things are that bad. Once banks start lending (which is going to be soon) this whole HPC thing will lose it's legs.

You might be able to get a bargain right now if you're lucky but that's your lot.

Interest rate working for me.

Last two weeks recession busting purchases.

Citizen Skyhawk watch. Mental bargain. Shop return worn once. RRP £350. I gave £95. Yes £95. :D

Aquascutum padded jacket. 50% off. £109.

Roy Robson coat RRP £199 bought for a snip £35.

There are some fantastic buys out there if you look hard enough.

I just looked at parking rates for that Westfield. :blink:

Put it this way. I was planning on going up there until I saw that. They can ram it now. :angry:

There's loads of voids and disposals in Fremlin Walk. Maybe they've left because they were just too busy.

HOLA4414
Actually when this one goes and pulls the inevitable phoenix it's going to flush a goodly wodge of Australian institutional capital right down the S-bend with it.

They might even end up needing taxpayer support in the end.

Australian? No such luck, Hermes are a major Westfield co-investor.

HOLA4415