House Price Crash Forum

Speed Bumps And House Prices

HOLA441

If a house is on an estate that is littered with speed bumps, would I get laughed at if I was to use them as a bargaining point? I'm concerned about my suspension being smashed to bits every time I went to or from work. Plus, should I ever need a fire engine or ambulance...

Has anyone ever done this - if so, what reaction did you get?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
If a house is on an estate that is littered with speed bumps, would I get laughed at if I was to use them as a bargaining point? I'm concerned about my suspension being smashed to bits every time I went to or from work. Plus, should I ever need a fire engine or ambulance...

Has anyone ever done this - if so, what reaction did you get?

Drive over them slower....?

HOLA445
Drive over them slower....?

We have the square ones, so I maintain my speed and weave all over the road so the wheels go either side.

Of course I have only narrowly missed on coming traffic on many occasions but then they are a safety feature after all so I suppose we have to accept the inconvenience.

:rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Every feature of a property has to be treated subjectively. That means what is a disadvantage to you may not be to someone else.

Ive lost count of the number of houses I see advertised locally that proudly state that they have laminate flooring in the hall (which means that the original Minton tiled floor has either been covered over or dug up).

Personally I would have preferred the original floor. But there's loads of people that have seen shows (by Beeney and the 2 scottish clowns that were obsessed with Purple) about improving your house to make it desireable.

These people have their own views on what is desireable and what isn't. In the same way, I am sure that some people see speed bumps as a benefit. If it isn't for you then offer accordingly.

If it doesn't matter to you, then you dont need to consider it.

But if you are going to use it then blind them with science and state in your offer that tests prove that speed bumps knock wheels out of alignment and cause premature tyre wear. It might not be true, but why should the EA's have a monopoly on making things up?