House Price Crash Forum

Glasgow Market On The Up ?

Just_on_the_market

Managed to sell (had to move agent after 4 weeks) sold for the asking price on my home pack.. On speaking to my agent he seems to think that the prices won't fall much further. There was 4 houses on my street for sale (some for 12 months) and I sold - neighbours very jealous.

MY EA basically was honest and told me sometimes is just down to luck selling but he did say that propreties with home reports are selling a lot quicker than those without. He says down to 2 reasons, 1 you are on the market at the right price as there is a value on the house and two buyers are asking for the reports.

I am now looking to haggle something off some of the properties on the market for sometime.

Managed to sell (had to move agent after 4 weeks) sold for the asking price on my home pack.. On speaking to my agent he seems to think that the prices won't fall much further. There was 4 houses on my street for sale (some for 12 months) and I sold - neighbours very jealous.

MY EA basically was honest and told me sometimes is just down to luck selling but he did say that propreties with home reports are selling a lot quicker than those without. He says down to 2 reasons, 1 you are on the market at the right price as there is a value on the house and two buyers are asking for the reports.

I am now looking to haggle something off some of the properties on the market for sometime.

Can I ask which EA you used and why you had to move agent after 4 weeks?? Was the home pack price roughly what you were expecting anyway?

Nice to hear there are still some house sales :lol:

Congratulations - however I don't think it safe to draw too many conclusions from your own experience solely. I agree that a Home Report will probably help interested parties but the valuation isn't "the right price" unless it's the price people want to or can afford to pay.

On what basis does your EA not think prices won't fall much further? I have started saying to EA's who come put with this sort of line - so how is the housing market all of a sudden completely divorced from the rest of the economy?

Also, if prices aren't set to fall much further, how are you going to haggle sellers down?