House Price Crash Forum

Who Wants To Tell Her?

Antsy

From Singing Pig. I despair. My suggestion is: go back to school and do not leave until you have learned something - anything - about life and money. We shouldd be teaching basic economics and money management at school. Sadly the National Curriculum doesn't allow it...

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=47&m=60282

Hey Everyone,

I'm 19 years old, a student living just outside of London in my family home. My parents recently remorgaged their house and bought their first Buy to Let property. The more I read and see on TV and the more I go over the information sent to my parents from solicitors and finacial advisors etc concerning the purchase and letting of the new house, hopefully the first of many, the more it seems to me that property is the way forward. I see at a very early age that the Poor Dad line of 'get a good job and stick with it' is not the way to financial freedom, or even finacial comfort and thus I would really like to know if anyone has a suggestion on how your supposed to get started when your 19 and have no money to speak of. I read that some of you were as young as 18 when you bought your first property and, though I realise the market has changed quite dramatically since then surely everything is relative and you still had to create you capital somehow?

I am looking at a student loan of about £8000 in total and wondered if their were any suggestions on what I could do with this to get started. Also I have considered using 6 month interest free credit cards and transferring the balance as another way to raise some capital.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or has managed what seems right now like the impossible I would be really interested to hear - Thank you!

Clara

Surely surely she can't get a mortgage with a huge debt, no job and no income?

Surely a bank wouldn't lend her money in the vain hope that she might be able to pay it back from rent?

Please tell me this is not possible! I can't believe that no-one from SP has suggested she might have a problem with this. In fact I thought it was one of 'us' having a laugh.

Surely a bank wouldn't lend her money in the vain hope that she might be able to pay it back from rent?

Please tell me this is not possible! I can't believe that no-one from SP has suggested she might have a problem with this. In fact I thought it was one of 'us' having a laugh.

U never know. Banks are desperate to lend and they might have customer now

I am looking at a student loan of about £8000 in total and wondered if their were any suggestions on what I could do with this to get started. Also I have considered using 6 month interest free credit cards and transferring the balance as another way to raise some capital.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or has managed what seems right now like the impossible I would be really interested to hear - Thank you!

I don't want to spoil the fun, but the last few lines are really a giveaway and this "Clara" is probably a troll (probably someone from over here).

6 years ago I was a student studying for a PhD on £7k a year. I needed £40k to buy a house in Brum. No one would lend it to me! Surely, I was a safe bet? I don't want to think how much I have lost as a result of this.

Things have changed. She will get a mortgage even though she is a complete muppet.

Like the Murphys, I'm not bitter...

From Singing Pig. I despair. My suggestion is: go back to school and do not leave until you have learned something - anything - about life and money. We shouldd be teaching basic economics and money management at school. Sadly the National Curriculum doesn't allow it...

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=47&m=60282

Hey Everyone,

I'm 19 years old, a student living just outside of London in my family home. My parents recently remorgaged their house and bought their first Buy to Let property. The more I read and see on TV and the more I go over the information sent to my parents from solicitors and finacial advisors etc concerning the purchase and letting of the new house, hopefully the first of many, the more it seems to me that property is the way forward. I see at a very early age that the Poor Dad line of 'get a good job and stick with it' is not the way to financial freedom, or even finacial comfort and thus I would really like to know if anyone has a suggestion on how your supposed to get started when your 19 and have no money to speak of. I read that some of you were as young as 18 when you bought your first property and, though I realise the market has changed quite dramatically since then surely everything is relative and you still had to create you capital somehow?

Clara

Well if that aint herd mentality then I dont know what is , classic sign of not wanting to miss the boat when you already have.

Dames

People tend to hang on every word Greenspan utters and as a result he usually chooses his words carefully.

During a commencement address to students in May he said

"I presume that I could offer all kinds of advice to today's graduates from my nearly six decades in private business and government. I could urge you all to work hard, save, and prosper. And I do. But transcending all else is being principled in how you go about doing those things. "

He could have said something like "work hard, invest well..." but instead he chose the word "save" !

6 years ago I was a student studying for a PhD on £7k a year.  I needed £40k to buy a house in Brum.  No one would lend it to me!  Surely, I was a safe bet?  I don't want to think how much I have lost as a result of this.

Things have changed.  She will get a mortgage even though she is a complete muppet.

Like the Murphys, I'm not bitter...

'Like the Murphys, I'm not bitter'...The bank will have her up the sh**ter

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Er, you lot know this is a joke, right?

( It is a joke, isn't it? )

Easy money, and Easy times are ending...

Only place you can still do that... is working for the Government.

But as the recession gets worse, there will be pressure on Brown

to slim down

optmb_ind_chocbrown.jpg

"Rich Chocolate Brownie" - perhaps?

post-1240-1118441876_thumb.jpg

Here s another dangerous stundent loan (ab)user:

Subject: Message for Lisa

"Hi Lisa, I've just joined your site...

I'm looking for some advice, age 23 I own 5 properties. I skipped my classes @ university & used my student loans/ overdrafts to buy houses. Purchasing my first age 19.

I do not drive.

I did not tell my parents. They did not understand the numbers.

Do you have an email address? I'd like to send you my portfolio details - I need help from a full time investor, as I could do not want to make a mistake. If your not willing to disclose it my email is: [email protected]

Cheers !"

LinK

Do nt think this is a wind up - as hes asking for info from Lisa whos a property guru from keys-property.com :o

Edited by trev