House Price Crash Forum

6 Months From Now.

HOLA441

Hi,

Still a relative newbie on here I suppose.

Always interesting to hear the doom and gloom banded about as well as the brilliantly entertaining Mr Sibley et al.

My question I suppose is this. Will we still be in a stable (ish) and orderly society Six months from now? Or will the so called meltdown have happened? Six months is not that far away so lets be having you!

Come along uber-bears!, let's be having you! Go on record, are we all doomed or not?

T350...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

In 6 months time I predict housing another 10% down, no societal breakdown, million more unemployed though, maybe a few protests and police brutality headlines. Nothing major though.

At the moment we are still in "happy happy" la la land with people paying very low interest on their mortgages, and with a VAT cut/ no tax rises. Anyone with a job is doing fine. I beleive this state of affairs will continue for at least the next 6 months, and possibly until the next general election.

After the current debt-fuelled sticky plasters fall off though, expect things to become noticeably bad. VAT up to 20%, extra 5% on all income tax bands are my predictions for 2010. House prices continuing to crawl downwards.

HOLA446
That would be inefficient.

The calories used during the murdering would exceed those gained from consuming the bean.

And that is how the race will end.

The stupid will starve through expending too much energy to murder for a bean.

The intelligent will be surprised to be murdered - because they felt safe knowing it would be inefficient to murder them for their bean.

HOLA447
Hi,

Always interesting to hear the doom and gloom banded about as well as the brilliantly entertaining Mr Sibley et al.

My question I suppose is this. Will we still be in a stable (ish) and orderly society Six months from now? Or will the so called meltdown have happened? Six months is not that far away so lets be having you!

Come along uber-bears!, let's be having you! Go on record, are we all doomed or not?

T350...

I FEEL WE WILL GET ONE OF TWO THINGS.

1. the confirmation and pain of a deep, typical shit bad ass recession - depression.

2. or total financial collapse and a near failed state. chaos, anarchy, crime.

so no rainbow, obviously. they have messed up so bad.

there are too many things going on. 911, financial fraud, bailouts, £ devaluation, foreign wars.

somethings going on.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I will be wearing dungarees and running a sawmill. My car will have got about 10 years older and will have turned into a pick up. I'll have about a dozen more children and live-in parents, all wearing denim. The old lady two doors down will be making and selling moonshine There will be one shop (general store) left in town and, as it will also be the post office, my money is on it being WH Smiths.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What would an assailant do for Half a Heinz baked bean? Or a Lidl bean? Maybe the scarcity of beans will mean that they are used as the new currency and a baked bean will be worth a small fortune? What would a woman do for a baked bean? Where can I buy these beans? I want to hire and armed mob with which to other-throw the government

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

no. i was kidding before.

its all going to be fine. pretty soon the housing market will go back to boom mode of 10%+ rises, our pension pots will refill themselves with money and all the corrupted coucils will begin to get efficient and less protectionist about their won incomes.

the high street will bloom back into life as all the new home purchases of 10%+ mean, that home owners can withdraw 10% of their homes worth to spend on the high street, which means the importers and the whole manufacturing global economy will flower again the seeds of genuine wealth.

yes. comrades.....if you believe hard enough it WILL happen.....

HOLA4415
In 6 months time we will be murdering each other for a Heinz baked bean.

Heinz baked bean - I can tell ya - when I was a lad we'd be happy for a spec of dust, and we'd murder a whole street for it.

some people just don't know they've been born...

edit: should have read "people just don't know they've bean born..."

Edited by Si1

HOLA4416
I will be wearing dungarees and running a sawmill. My car will have got about 10 years older and will have turned into a pick up. I'll have about a dozen more children and live-in parents, all wearing denim. The old lady two doors down will be making and selling moonshine There will be one shop (general store) left in town and, as it will also be the post office, my money is on it being WH Smiths.

Typical, everything's Americanised these days! What's wrong with wearing a cloth cap and raincoat, doing odd jobs as a scullion, marching from Jarrow and sleeping in 'the spike'?

HOLA4417

What a shame... I expected a far gloomier picture.

I don't believe it will get much worse myself, possibly 2.5m unemployed (which is pretty bad anyway), with sustained reposessions. Will probably get flamed for it but I think it is just going to be a long drawn out recession.

I will come back to this post in 6 months and take a look at how wrong I was I suppose! I may even be right!

Time will tell I guess.

HOLA4418

I don't believe it will get much worse myself, possibly 2.5m unemployed (which is pretty bad anyway), with sustained reposessions. Will probably get flamed for it but I think it is just going to be a long drawn out recession.

I will come back to this post in 6 months and take a look at how wrong I was I suppose! I may even be right!

Time will tell I guess.

no ones going to flame you for having an opinion. this isnt luton.

though i think we have already passed your 2.5m unemployed already.....

HOLA4419
Hi,

T350...

Six months? Probably not that much of a change to most but the arrows pointing where we are going will be clearer for a lot of people. The run up to the election next year could be interesting. The desire to keep hold of, or acquire, a large barrel of turds should bring some remarkable false promises to light.

p-o-p

HOLA4420

Time will tell I guess.

I hope you're right.

Personally, I feel that the last train for a less painfull correction left the platform in 2003. The problems we're facing now have been breathing down our necks for the best part of a century, and our legs have given out.

HOLA4421

Time will tell I guess.

2.5 million unemployed... yeah, that's what I meant! Somehow I thought we were at 3 million already (in reality, yes, in the ONS stats, no).

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Typical, everything's Americanised these days! What's wrong with wearing a cloth cap and raincoat, doing odd jobs as a scullion, marching from Jarrow and sleeping in 'the spike'?

Whilst I have sympathy with your position, why would I want to go all the way to Jarrow (from Essex), to march on London? ;)

HOLA4424

I find it hard to believe this never never land can go on for another 6 months, when everyone already suspects no bailout can save the banks. The curtain will fall on the government at some point. Blind guess: Prime Minister will resign in August 2009 (can't see him wanting to come back from his summer holiday!). A long hot summer of eerie calm is what I expect.

HOLA4425