House Price Crash Forum

Brown Speech To Congress 4:00 Pm-ish

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Global, global, global, stimulate, print money, global, regulation regulation regulation.

London, Britain, children, world, globe, spirit, applause.

Downturn, downturn, downturn, truth, people, spirit. "Your Obamas", faith, future, promise,

history, hope, future, build tomorrow today.

(1980 advert)

he's doing those awful awkward hand movements again. All we need now is his glass eye to fall out mid gesticulation & he will be a complete laughing stock. :unsure:

Now that would really get the ball rolling.

he's making out that UK & USA are saviours of the world but they are the cause of nearly all the bloody wars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US tend to join existing wars where someone else is already at it and needs help (WW1, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam) and we tend to react to situations where others are being invaded (Boer War, WW1, WW2, Iraq (after Kuwait was invaded)).

On the other hand Germany likes to kick start wars as do the Japanese. The Russians do it to avoid probelms at home (WW1) and the Chinese usually ony do it to their own people (Mao's peasant cleansing and Tobetan pacifications).

I can't bear to watch the speech. I think they are onto him though--it all went wrong on his watch and his lack of humility in accepting any blame will not go down too well in the US.

Wow! I'm speechless having watched that...

It looked a bit like they were doing the oke-cokey in the House.

A very sycophantic speech. Vacuous. Noticed the UK soundbites 'hard working families', 'downturn' :o, his 'father'... it would appear that he wants the whole world to follow his lead (ergo, he want the whole world to bankrupt itself).

Wow! I think we are saved, Gordon is on the case.

Edited by tinker
The US tend to join existing wars where someone else is already at it and needs help (WW1, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam) and we tend to react to situations where others are being invaded (Boer War, WW1, WW2, Iraq (after Kuwait was invaded)).

On the other hand Germany likes to kick start wars as do the Japanese. The Russians do it to avoid probelms at home (WW1) and the Chinese usually ony do it to their own people (Mao's peasant cleansing and Tobetan pacifications).

I can't bear to watch the speech. I think they are onto him though--it all went wrong on his watch and his lack of humility in accepting any blame will not go down too well in the US.

Did you forget the :tongue-in-cheek: emoticon ?

Is Obama there?

Bush turned up for Blair.

He isn't allowed to be. Its like the Queen turning up to parliament (copied from it in fact).

How the hell did Bush attend?

Edited by Cogs
"The global crisis, that started here...."

Did he actually say that?! I had to answer a phone call, missed half of it.

Is there a delay or something, sky news just posted a worded quote on screen before Gordy said it?? :huh:

I saw Sky seemed to have his speech script already or as you say the vision was delayed significantly.

Come on GB this is your chance. Don't f****** miss it! Tell em what you've been telling us for months. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! You irresponsible Americans binging on cheap credit and liar loans. Nothing to do with us.

Did he say "It started in America" or did he just two-face it with the praise?

"unleash our entrepreneurs & scientists" :lol:

Bring on the wall!

(woof woof, here come the scientists and entrepreneurs, oh look someone wants to make a deckchair you can turn into a broom...)

OMG biggest laugh of the day...."it doesn't matter where is started...."

Is that the phrase he used! Sounds like a song lyric... "It doesn't matter where it started, but it's gonna end with you and me, babe..."

EDIT no one's replied, so I looked on Nick Robinson's blog, he says

As for the economy, not surprisingly the prime minister does not come to Congress and tell them that the global recession is all their fault. Neither of course does he come and say that it is partly his fault - despite the argument that is going on behind the scenes between him, his advisors and members of the cabinet about how much responsibility he needs to accept if the public are to listen to his proposals for the future.

All the comments there await moderation.

I think the most sensible thing Brown could have said was "As you can see, I'm exhausted and my ideas are very expensive mistakes. May I introduce to you the men who will be taking over after the election, Mr David Cameron and Mr William Hague, they may not do any better than me but at least they can't do any worse. Goodbye everyone, and Gord Bless America."

Edited by The Last Bear
OMG biggest laugh of the day...."it doesn't matter where is started...."

That made me laugh. :lol::lol:

The thing is, it does (to Brown), he's built his whole 'comeback' on this questionable 'fact' (HPC posts on: Lemans and AIG problems eminating from London; lax regulation in London, causing a competitive reaction in New York... ).

As wew havent had a song lyric on here for a while, something North American (Canadian):

People See Through You

by Bruce Cockburn

You've got covert action

prejudice to extremes

you've got primitive cunning

and high tech means

you've got eyes everywhere

but people see through you

You've got good manipulators

got your store of dupes

you've got the idiot clamour

of your lobby groups