House Price Crash Forum
Mrs Bear

Rosie Millard Buys �1m+ House At Auction

Sure they sell fast, this went up around May I believe, but look at the asking and selling price! :ph34r::huh::unsure:

http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/Property/Res...DOM/RMB149.aspx

1 09/06/2009 £481,714 Ter. F No Map 55, Shelgate Road, London, Greater London, SW11 1BA

wow, that's a cheeky 50% off as a first bid, then some bizarre and petty squabbling for the 'shrapnel'

Today's Times. She has a £200,000 budget to do up that auction house she bought.

"Rosie Millard has already done up one wreck in north London. Now she's hoping to repeat the process – for £100,000 less."

http://property.time...icle6878511.ece

Edit. There are a few photos to click through showing "after renovation" pics.

Edited by friday

Alert Alert - Millard is in the Sunday Times and she's crowing on about that house of hers!

she's got herself on the front cover with a double spread inside - apparently she's doing it on the cheap this time by painting over the knackered plaster and putting cheap carpets down to save money

funny realy cos i though thats what she did with the last one......

can't find it online yet

I am paraphrasing here but she states that they don't have the cash to splash on this house like they did the last time and yet they have a budget of 200k ! What planet are these people on????

So someone bought a bigger house because she has lots of growing kids who need more space. What an awful thing.

I suppose a more sensible strategy for her would have been for her to wait for six years for the market to bottom out and then buy a big house when all her kids had grown up and left home...

Today's Times. She has a £200,000 budget to do up that auction house she bought.

"Rosie Millard has already done up one wreck in north London. Now she's hoping to repeat the process – for £100,000 less."

http://property.time...icle6878511.ece

Edit. There are a few photos to click through showing "after renovation" pics.

Wait! It's not the same house!

So someone bought a bigger house because she has lots of growing kids who need more space. What an awful thing.

I suppose a more sensible strategy for her would have been for her to wait for six years for the market to bottom out and then buy a big house when all her kids had grown up and left home...

well, er, yes.

She had no money.

There's something very strange about that article and the photos. The whole article is written as if she has yet to do the work but the photos show "after" photos of the kitchen etc. and the house is clearly a different house in the "after" from the "before" shot. The only way it makes sense is if the "after" shots are from the previous house she refurbished but that certainly isn't what is implied. Strange indeed..............

Yeah well that's because the article was very badly written..... she wrote it of course.... but it just isnt clear at all that the whole point is that Millard has already done one house on Thornhill square which is still for up sale and the photos of the finished house are of that one.

she is now going to repeat the process on the new house which is practically identical and of which there is a different shot of the outside - but nothing has happened inside as yet until she sells enough badly written articles to the times to finance it i suppose.... oh why the hell do i care anyway.... she's mad anway

well, er, yes.

That explains it. I presumed her builders much have worked some expensive magic with changing the brickwork and windows on the auction house. That article is misleading.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

What a joke.

I remember now why i stopped buying newspapers. Stupid f*cktards.

Propaganda comics.

Using Welsh slate on the roof again is an extravagance too far, as it cost us £15,000 — Spanish slate is £14,000 (saving £1,000).

Wow I wish I could budget like that!

Funny how the article make no mention of the purchase price or the expected sale price, or the danger of house prices falling, its all about what she calls "saving" money but seems to me she is just spending money. The same way as I could save £500 during the sales if I go shopping, but I wont mention that I could save £1000 if I don't go shopping at all.

Using Welsh slate on the roof again is an extravagance too far, as it cost us £15,000 — Spanish slate is £14,000 (saving £1,000).

Wow I wish I could budget like that!

Funny how the article make no mention of the purchase price or the expected sale price, or the danger of house prices falling, its all about what she calls "saving" money but seems to me she is just spending money. The same way as I could save £500 during the sales if I go shopping, but I wont mention that I could save £1000 if I don't go shopping at all.

Not to mention the huge energy cost by transporting the tonnes of slate from Spain instead of Wales. Welsh slate quarry labour would also benefit the uk economy.

The whole saving money thing, can be so f..ed up.

I'm not going to buy that second car now. I will just save money, buy this bumper sticker and be using my new second car sometime in the future :blink:

sticker.jpg

post-17-12559457962744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I've lost track of this. Which house is she tryng and failing to sell?

Its her husband and children who have to live with the consequences of of her actions.

Rosie Millard Facebook

Rosie Millard house sale has just collapsed! aaargh! Husband suicidal. I am a bit more pragmatic.

October 27 at 11:11pm · View Feedback (9)Hide Feedback (9)

View all 9 comments

Rosie Millard

Rosie Millard has just sold her house!

October 23 at 8:51pm

I've lost track of this. Which house is she tryng and failing to sell?

Its her husband and children who have to live with the consequences of of her actions.

Rosie Millard Facebook

Rosie Millard house sale has just collapsed! aaargh! Husband suicidal. I am a bit more pragmatic.October 27 at 11:11pm · View Feedback (9)Hide Feedback (9)

View all 9 comments

Rosie Millard

Rosie Millard has just sold her house!

October 23 at 8:51pm

Of course she would be with prices rocketing as they are we are running at 10-15% YOY price inflation, every year the sale is delayed she will make £200K, may as well give up working and buy another one of these projects, you can't loose with bricks and mortar.

Not to mention the huge energy cost by transporting the tonnes of slate from Spain instead of Wales. Welsh slate quarry labour would also benefit the uk economy.

really?

I'd have thought the direct sea route from Santander would mitigate this?

Bump for telometer

Thanks.

Spanish slate doesn't have the life of Welsh. Cheapskate.

She would be nuts even to think of replacing the glorious Georgian windows - there's even original glass in some of them.

She doesn't mention the structural issues and their cost - the back of the house is held up with scaffolding poles...

And saving £10 per gallon of paint, and being forced to live in beige hell doesn't seem like much of a bargain. Oh well!