House Price Crash Forum

Has Anybody Got Any Ideas When The Next Election Will Be Held.

BXLONDONMAN

we need a change we need to get rid of god to the bankers brown,who saved the world,:we really need to get him out before he gives any more money to the bloody banks FF's !!!

There was a suggestion that it might have been this April, but I think that has now gone and Brown will just hang on until the bitter end - so I'd guess May 2010.

well march is here so yes, if i'am wrong you will be able to have a good :lol: at me..i changed nearly 50% of my money into £'s so far...but kept the rest in euro's.

Good to see IF is now part of you vocabulary dude...

The market is a stern teacher - harsh but fair ;)

we need a change we need to get rid of god to the bankers brown,who saved the world,:we really need to get him out before he gives any more money to the bloody banks FF's !!!

point of order - the money isn't for the banks, its for people to buy houses with to prop up the price of them

either way, there will not be an election as it will be deemed to not be in the public interest

There was a suggestion that it might have been this April, but I think that has now gone and Brown will just hang on until the bitter end - so I'd guess May 2010.

if he hangs on he will fu*k uk plc even more then he has...how wrong can one man be....

I hope he goe's by the summer. :unsure: things seem to be going from bad to worse under him !!!

his bailed out the banks the bloody bankers are walking away with our money FF's..his gone mad.

one of them f*ked the bank then got £650,000 pa for life that's under browns watch,by god his not god to the bankers for zip :angry:

well march is here so yes, if i'am wrong you will be able to have a good :lol: at me..i changed nearly 50% of my money into £'s so far...but kept the rest in euro's.

People will be :lol: for the wrong reasons tho.

I wish people would save themselves of the embarrasment of putting out all of these theories. It's a bit like those black day posts that appear every few days. When nothing happens, the OP quietly disappears.

if he hangs on he will fu*k uk plc even more then he has...how wrong can one man be....

I hope he goe's by the summer. :unsure: things seem to be going from bad to worse under him !!!

his bailed out the banks the bloody bankers are walking away with our money FF's..his gone mad.

one of them f*ked the bank then got £650,000 pa for life that's under browns watch,by god his not god to the bankers for zip :angry:

I think most of the damage has been done. I have a perverse wish to see him suffer with the problem until May 2010. Don't think I'll be voting for him then though. Ultimately, sense has to overide sadism.

Good to see IF is now part of you vocabulary dude...

The market is a stern teacher - harsh but fair ;)

yes indeed the market is a stern teacher, i haven't done too bad it could be luck.

having second thoughts about coming home now,belgium doesn't seem to have the same doom and gloom about it like london these days,just had a nice day out in brussels today,i was asking myself why i was going back to london..closer the day get's about going back the more doubts creeping into my head...dude life is never fair for most people sadly..the markets can spit in your face at the best of times !!!

I think most of the damage has been done. I have a perverse wish to see him suffer with the problem until May 2010. Don't think I'll be voting for him then though. Ultimately, sense has to overide sadism.

yes he does seem to be in some pain these days you can see it on his face...

will he suffer,in the long run i doubt it the bankers will look after him..when he is kicked out of office.

all the scum look after own !!! :(

Went on oddschecker.com for shits and giggles in order to check the prices for when the next general election will be held. General consensus is for a 2010 election (1/4 1/5 odds). Skybet best odds of 4/9 for a 2010 election. Sounds good to me. Most people are only just starting to acknowledge that there might be a recession, never mind anything worse. I imagine they are hoping for a 2010 turnaround. Gordenron Clown is a stubborn *****, surely only an assassination/health problem will bring a 2009 election?

In fact there is an arbitrage in operation:

Skybet 2010 @ 4/9 - £100

Bet365/Stan James 2009 @ 10/3 - £33.33

Total spend £133.33

Total win £144.44

8.33% win guaranteed

Should have plenty of time to stack this arb. upon others in the future.

EDIT: got my 33.33 and my 100 the wrong way round.

There have been several other threads speculating on this very topic, but as I can't be bothered to dredge them up...

My guess is 5 May 2010, the last legal day. When the Tories' poll leads slipped from around 15% to 10ish over Christmas, there was speculation that he'd go this spring, but now it's opened up again said speculation has subsided.

Any Labour politician or strategist who isn't totally deluded will be thinking in terms of limiting the scale of the defeat and regrouping afterwards rather than seriously thinking that they stand a chance of winning. The hundreds of Labour backbenchers who will be kissing goodbye to their seats want the extra year of pension and the John Lewis list, so they're not going to be pressing for an early election. And maybe, just maybe, Cameron will screw up monumentally between now and then, thereby saving some of those seats for their incumbents.

I suppose if Labour does a hell of a lot better than expected on the back of a high turnout at the Euro elections and the economy is still going to buggery fast, an autumn general election might just be an outside possibility. But I very much doubt it.

Brown will not be ousted by his own party, either. None of the serious Labour leadership contenders wants to go down in history either as having done a Heseltine or as having taken over the helm with the iceberg in sight and then going down with the ship. They're busy arranging their seats in the lifeboat.

There have been several other threads speculating on this very topic, but as I can't be bothered to dredge them up...

My guess is 5 May 2010, the last legal day. When the Tories' poll leads slipped from around 15% to 10ish over Christmas, there was speculation that he'd go this spring, but now it's opened up again said speculation has subsided.

Any Labour politician or strategist who isn't totally deluded will be thinking in terms of limiting the scale of the defeat and regrouping afterwards rather than seriously thinking that they stand a chance of winning. The hundreds of Labour backbenchers who will be kissing goodbye to their seats want the extra year of pension and the John Lewis list, so they're not going to be pressing for an early election. And maybe, just maybe, Cameron will screw up monumentally between now and then, thereby saving some of those seats for their incumbents.

I suppose if Labour does a hell of a lot better than expected on the back of a high turnout at the Euro elections and the economy is still going to buggery fast, an autumn general election might just be an outside possibility. But I very much doubt it.

Brown will not be ousted by his own party, either. None of the serious Labour leadership contenders wants to go down in history either as having done a Heseltine or as having taken over the helm with the iceberg in sight and then going down with the ship. They're busy arranging their seats in the lifeboat.

I think your correct in what you have said,it's sad their only thinking about their own seats and not uk plc.

Great post. Thank you

BX - Why on earth would you now convert 50% of your Euros into £'s if you were so sure, or are you now not so sure :lol: ?..... given the risk of being locked into only 1 currency??? :rolleyes:

Archived