House Price Crash Forum

Watching Boomers In Turmoil Is Worth A Recession

dryrot

HOLA441

yep - I think I broadly agree too (Boomer Baby's post)

you know what, I've heard stories of people in the 70s and 80s getting f*ck all done on a friday due to a boozy long lunch and effectively staying away from the office all afternoon

the noughties equivalent could be the internet...

the ire that those of us felt towards some 40-50-somethings thinking they deserve the earth is dissipating as fast as the economy is crumbling around (all our) ears

Edited by Si1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest AuntJess

you know what, I've heard stories of people in the 70s and 80s getting f*ck all done on a friday due to a boozy long lunch and effectively staying away from the office all afternoon

the ire that those of us felt towards some 40-50-somethings thinking they deserve the earth is dissipating as fast as the economy is crumbling around (all our) ears

Sounds good, but if you are a nurse or a teacher, I reckon your 'client group' would miss you.

HOLA445
Just who borrowed the most....boomers or the younger ones.....the ones that borrowed way beyond their means even though the boomers advised against it are the ones to blame for all the s*8t...made your bed now fecking sleep in it and stop blaming everyone else except yourselfe.

There is a lot of debt because costs were systematically raised

The raised costs had victims and beneficiaries

The indebtedness on one side of the fence is exactly mirrored by large, unearned deposits on the other.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Most of us 40 -50 don't think we deserve the earth funny enough we recognised those times for what they were a F****** good time and it is mostly true! Certainly was in the eighties in London. But hey winners and losers.... don't be jealous now. Accident of birth.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Just who borrowed the most....boomers or the younger ones.....the ones that borrowed way beyond their means even though the boomers advised against it are the ones to blame for all the s*8t...made your bed now fecking sleep in it and stop blaming everyone else except yourselfe.

future public liabilities are to cover benefits to older generations, that's the concern. you appeared to have made our bed too, thanks for leaving all the crumbs.

HOLA4410
future public liabilities are to cover benefits to older generations, that's the concern. you appeared to have made our bed too, thanks for leaving all the crumbs.

I as most have certainley paid more into a system than I will ever likely be to take out, yet you will make derogatory remarks and just be plain nasty to the likes of people like me.....you really should vent your anger and make comments about the parasites and spongers that dont work or have travelled thousands of miles to milk the system for what they can get without paying a penny in......legal aid/housing benefit/free dental care/NHS numerous other benefits for millions of undesirables that have not paid a single penny and only come to the U.K. for what they can get.....rather than what they can offer.....sort that problem out and you will have a far better pension/heath care/education than the boomers did......but hey....you are probably one of those nampy pampy facist left wingers that will say I am racist

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I as most have certainley paid more into a system than I will ever likely be to take out, yet you will make derogatory remarks and just be plain nasty to the likes of people like me.....you really should vent your anger and make comments about the parasites and spongers that dont work or have travelled thousands of miles to milk the system for what they can get without paying a penny in......legal aid/housing benefit/free dental care/NHS numerous other benefits for millions of undesirables that have not paid a single penny and only come to the U.K. for what they can get.....rather than what they can offer.....sort that problem out and you will have a far better pension/heath care/education than the boomers did......but hey....you are probably one of those nampy pampy facist left wingers that will say I am racist

Falang. They come over here with their strong money, take our girls and get pissed on beach all day.

HOLA4414
you really should vent your anger and make comments about the parasites and spongers that dont work or have travelled thousands of miles to milk the system for what they can get without paying a penny in......legal aid/housing benefit/free dental care/NHS numerous other benefits for millions of undesirables that have not paid a single penny and only come to the U.K. for what they can get.....rather than what they can offer.....sort that problem out and you will have a far better pension/heath care/education than the boomers did......

that's a fair point - and I'm a tory - and I don't think you're racist

mind you your post on another thread did worry me a bit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ld-Britain.html

So pleased it aint coming out of my pay packet......get out of the sinking ship while you can

HOLA4415
Falang. They come over here with their strong money, take our girls and get pissed on beach all day.

That is a sad fact that does happen but it injects money into the economy....am afraid I am a little different than the vision you may have. I have been granted residensy, speak all 3 dialects fluently and do contribute to the country...never go to the beach and very rarely drink...sorry to dissapoint

HOLA4416

I have lived through three recessions, had negative equity, worked 14 hours seven days a week at three different jobs....didnt buy anything I couldnt afford...no credit cards/overdrafts or loans....makes me puke when you hear the whingebags on this website........I could give you example after example of the attitude of the kind of people that moan....basically just wanting everything handed on a plate.....

HOLA4417
I have lived through three recessions, had negative equity, worked 14 hours seven days a week at three different jobs....didnt buy anything I couldnt afford...no credit cards/overdrafts or loans....makes me puke when you hear the whingebags on this website........I could give you example after example of the attitude of the kind of people that moan....basically just wanting everything handed on a plate.....

Well so far you've given pretty bad examples.

The HPC.co.uk userbase is pretty atypical wrt the things you've mentioned.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Unsecured - the younger ones, most probably. Not relevant really, as you can go bankrupt and it will be written off, forever...

Secured - the older ones, most likely, and on a colossal scale.

HOLA4420

This kind of hell-on-Earth existence was probably one of the reasons that bankruptcy laws were gradually relaxed. No-one, anywhere, should have to put up with "living" a "life" where you have to work fourteen hours a day every day of the week, for some git that you probably despise. And don't tell me it is "character-building", although it likely would be, in generating alternate "characters" in one's life due to things like serious depression, psychoses, and more severe illnesses.

Sod that for a life - we are only here for brief period in infinity.

HOLA4421
Your ability to abuse will have zero effect on reality described in my earlier post (which was not personal by the way)

I am trully glad it touched you :P

Once again your reply has proved you are young, stupid, and don`t have the experience of life to understand how things pan out and reality works.

People like you never touch me as you respond as sheep yourselves, laughing at your expression of sheeple commonly used on this forum.

You don`t have a clue who I am on this forum, and if I told you, still you would be none the wiser. :D

So get some experience lad/lady and come back to me when you are more mature and my equal. ;)

Edited by Hatchet Man

HOLA4422
My experience of the younger generation is, they eat fast food/cant be bothered cooking....play the latest WII or games console, internet....sport,excersise is too physically demanding....go to uni and have a gap year where they travel to "broaden their knowledge' i.e. get pi****ed up on some tropical beach then moan they are 20k in debt.....Only care about themselves, dont bother sticking together at work providing "I am alright Jack"........expect to get a house without going without/say they cant afford a deposit yet can still afford holidays/new car/take aways and spend 100 quid on a night out....try doing a few things the boomers did....there was a similar thread a few weeks ago....really amazes me how hard done by people think they are and soooooo jealous of there elders...pensions were paid for, normally 12% of salary....dont see many paying into a pension these days....the list can go on and on....

And my experience of my father's generation is apparently, you got paid to go to university, with a grant generous enough to pay a mortgage and support a wife and child if you were thrifty.

Which one of these people were better off?

Edit to add: In case you were wondering, the mortgage in question was on the house I was born in, last sold for £185k in 2004, I ask again, which generation 'has it easy'?

Edited by D.C.

HOLA4423
.....I have lived through three recessions, had negative equity, worked 14 hours seven days a week at three different jobs....didnt buy anything I couldnt afford...no credit cards/overdrafts or loans....makes me puke when you hear the whingebags on this website........I could give you example after example of the attitude of the kind of people that moan....basically just wanting everything handed on a plate.....

angry.jpg

post-1333-1236309028_thumb.jpg

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4424
The usual embittered tripe, railing against a small % of people who have profited - immorally - from this boom.As I have commented on what must be 100s of threads, 100s of times, most of those in MY age group aren't greedy grabbing sons of bitches.

It is a well-known fact that those of riper years, vote Tory. B)

This is the stupidest argument I have seen on here for a while.

The immorality of the boomer generation is shown up not just by the behaviour of the boomers over the last 12 years, bit over the past 4 decades. And it's been encouraged by Tory governments - you know, "There's no such thing as society."

Come on Aunt Jess, at least let's have some honesty and integrity in your arguments.

HOLA4425
This is the stupidest argument I have seen on here for a while.

The immorality of the boomer generation is shown up not just by the behaviour of the boomers over the last 12 years, bit over the past 4 decades. And it's been encouraged by Tory governments - you know, "There's no such thing as society."

Come on Aunt Jess, at least let's have some honesty and integrity in your arguments.

1929crash, please get you own quotes right. Mrs Thatcher was quite clear:

"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."

Prime minister Margaret Thatcher, talking to Women's Own magazine, October 31 1987