House Price Crash Forum

Media articles NORTHERN IRELAND Hpc Related

Vespasian

HOLA441
A 95% drop is massive but very unlikey! How many of you are seriously expecting a 95% drop!?!

not a 95% drop (in price) - good heavens!!

Proportion of surveyors reporting changes in price over the past three months

North-39%

Yorks and Humber -64%

North West -41%

East Midlands -70%

West Midlands -62%

East Anglia -61%

South East -53%

South West -55%

Wales -49%

London -40%

Scotland 25%

Northern Ireland -95%

Edited by prophet-profit

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

North-39%

Yorks and Humber -64%

North West -41%

East Midlands -70%

West Midlands -62%

East Anglia -61%

South East -53%

South West -55%

Wales -49%

London -40%

Scotland 25%

Northern Ireland -95%

Ah! :huh: I see the error of my ways-that will teach me for trying to read these posts quickly in between 'real work'!

HOLA443
A 95% drop is massive but very unlikey! How many of you are seriously expecting a 95% drop!?!

lol, it is a bit of a ridiculous number, I have to agree. Does this mean I should start putting in offers of 10k on 200k houses? ;)

I get the feeling they may have misquoted RICS - Perhaps 95% of properties have had prices reduced?

Reading the story again, I'm not exactly sure what this trend price is or why such large percentages are expressed. Is there any sort of explanation for their figures anywhere?

HOLA444

North-39%

Yorks and Humber -64%

North West -41%

East Midlands -70%

West Midlands -62%

East Anglia -61%

South East -53%

South West -55%

Wales -49%

London -40%

Scotland 25%

Northern Ireland -95%

Agreed - a 95% drop in price would be ridiculous! haha! Thing is, why the negative percentage then? Is that insinuating that 95% of those asked reported a drop?

HOLA445
lol, it is a bit of a ridiculous number, I have to agree. Does this mean I should start putting in offers of 10k on 200k houses? ;)

I get the feeling they may have misquoted RICS - Perhaps 95% of properties have had prices reduced?

Reading the story again, I'm not exactly sure what this trend price is or why such large percentages are expressed. Is there any sort of explanation for their figures anywhere?

deleted

Edited by prophet-profit

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Don't be daft. That's the percentage of surveyors reporting a drop in activity

But would that drop not return us to affordable levels everyone using this site says will happen??? :D

lol!

Edited by championmongo1

HOLA449
But would that drop not return us to affordable levels everyone using this site wants??? :D

lol!

yes!!!!!

let's not forget if they have gone up 300+% in 10 years surely they can go down 95%!! :P;) *

*I have to be careful that line doesn't get quoted like before - remember the spoof poster Carswrong anyone!!

HOLA4410
yes!!!!!

let's not forget if they have gone up 300+% in 10 years surely they can go down 95%!! :P;) *

*I have to be careful that line doesn't get quoted like before - remember the spoof poster Carswrong anyone!!

You mean it wasn't the actual paper woman??? :D

HOLA4411
You mean it wasn't the actual paper woman??? :D

a blast from the past...........

'I heard you on the radio this morning and had to laugh - right at the end you said that property had risen by 400% and now might fall by 50%. Well that is a 350% increase! As Northern Ireland's top property correspondent, I have my finger on the pulse and the street smart and savvy investors we have here aren't fooled by shoddy maths like that'

yawn... but.....I have to just point out that this quote has absolutely nothing to do with any real property correspondents in NI and was from a spoof poster. Any similarity to real persons is purely coincidental....

well - I don't want the lawyers getting involved again, do I ! :(

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

comments from report..............

NORTHERN IRELAND

Londonderry– Co. Londonderry

Aiden Conway Esq BSc MRICS

Patrick Andrews Chartered Surveyors

General increase in enquiries noted after

recent lull over winter period.

Newry and Warrenpoint – Co. Down

Ciara Aiken MRICS

Best Property Services

After the price reductions in the market

in autumn 2007, we are noticing that

stock is starting to move again.

Newry – Co. Down

Bronagh Boyd MRICS

Digney Boyd Ltd.

Prices have still not levelled. Interest rate

decrease has assisted, but purchasers

still remain cautious.

Lisburn – Co. Antrim

Bill McCann Esq. MRICS

Bill McCann Estate Agency

Following recent and ongoing price

adjustments on existing resale

properties and vendors of new properties

coming to the market prepared to

consider more realistic asking prices, we

have noticed an increase in enquiries,

viewings, offers and sales being agreed.

It will be a slow recovery, but hopefully

coming into Spring, and with another

reduction in interest rate, the market will

continue to improve. Fresh government

initiatives and a more positive approach

from the media, both overdue, would

also play an important role in boosting

public confidence.

Lisburn – Co. Antrim

Tom McClelland Esq. FRICS

McLelland & Salter

The price restructuring continues.

Enquiry levels are up, sales are achieved

but at lower levels.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
The comments from Dave and Chris are excellent and could have been written by me B) (but they were not).

I wonder does Dave read my posts? Because that's exactly what I think will happen. :blink:

It's nice to know some people out there agree with me.

I love these guys :wub: (don't tell my girlfriend :ph34r:)

BB where's these comments at??? You got a link so I can read?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Someone told me recently that a certain popular NI radio personality has multiple buy-to-lets. He thought it was something in the region of 15 to 20. No names of course, but the presenter is a wee bit hefty and when property is mentioned on his programme, he either wheels on a VI to say that things aren't so bad really and will pick up in the spring, or he closes down the discussion before anyone can point out the truth, or both.

I don't have any evidence for this so it is just an unconfirmed rumour and nothing more. Has anyone else heard the same?

HOLA4421
Someone told me recently that a certain popular NI radio personality has multiple buy-to-lets. He thought it was something in the region of 15 to 20. No names of course, but the presenter is a wee bit hefty and when property is mentioned on his programme, he either wheels on a VI to say that things aren't so bad really and will pick up in the spring, or he closes down the discussion before anyone can point out the truth, or both.

I don't have any evidence for this so it is just an unconfirmed rumour and nothing more. Has anyone else heard the same?

Hello Shorty - welcome to the forum

I cannot add to the rumour, it is new to me.

HOLA4422

Hi Shorty and welcome.

We are aware of that radio presenter. My mum listens to him. I don't. Mum told me about him avoiding all talk about property.

Though apparently he has admitted on air about his investment in property.

Allegidly, his name begins with N and rhymes with Dolan ;)

Need to be careful with the allegations here. Big Brother is watching us!

HOLA4423

welcome shorty....think I may have heard it too but can't confirm on here for legal reasons :ph34r:

BB can you PM me the name till I confirm if it's the same local radio burger eating fiend?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425