House Price Crash Forum

English Pound Devalues 40pc Against Scottish Pound - -

0q0

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest LongBlackKilt
Oats are the best source of dietary fibre. No other fibre comes as close to lowering cholesterol as oats.

Tesco's Healthy Living Porridge Oats claims to be a good source of fibre [9.2g per 100g]. Anyway, mixed with butterscotch [or peach & nectarine] yoghurt it's what keeps me sane -- and willing to fight the world on a daily basis.

P.S. Porridge / porage?? Parritch is the word. DOST/SND

HOLA443
HOLA444
mysupermarket.co.uk tells me that a 1kg bag of Asda Smartprice porriage oats costs 58p. The equivalent costs 85p in Sainsburys (for 1.5kg), 88p in Tesco and £1.58 in Waitrose.

I'm back from the pub, and I can tell you people are noticing that it's inflation not deflation. I told one friend who is a pro driver about poor old Nohpc's belief fuel's coming down, and of course we both laughed, as it's been going up 5 to 7% this past month. Not yet back to 120p a litre, but off the "lows" we saw in Jan.

JONB, let me put you right on the porridge prices so you can dispense with your reliance on Mylittlesupermarket.

Smartprice porridge may well still be 58p a kilo, but it's not Scottish, and I can tell the difference. Och, I can.

The 85p porridge in Sansberries is 1 kilo, not 1.5

The Tesco and Waitrose price I'll have to recheck.

As far as I can recall, Asda is cheapest for this line at 39p or 42p 500g Scottish Oats (bagpipes not included). In Jan 25p would get you 500g at Asda.

Apparently cocaine can be found for as little as £1 a line in some places - the way things are going drug dealers would probably make a bigger profit selling lines of porridge oats. Just got to think of a streetname for it - Poats? Podge? Scottish ecstasy?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Apparently cocaine can be found for as little as £1 a line in some places - the way things are going drug dealers would probably make a bigger profit selling lines of porridge oats. Just got to think of a streetname for it - Poats? Podge? Scottish ecstasy?

The yellow stuff will always outprice it ounce for ounce though, and as a store of wealth it's unbeatable:

Sainsbury's Saffron 0.4g

Price Promotion Quantity and add to trolley £2.59/unit £647.50/10gThe goldbugs can only weep at those prices.

HOLA447

85p a kilo of Scot Porridge oats is now looking cheap !

Tesco has 1kg or maybe it was 1.5 kg for £1.49, though I'm 99% sure it was 1 kg.

That's quite a lot more than last time I bought it.

Deflation, my arz !

Also petrol up to 92p a litre even at Tesco.

Red Lentils at Tesco £1.90 1 kg, at Sainsbury £1.60 (although was £1.38 until a fortnight ago at Sainsbury)

Edited by The Last Bear

HOLA448
First I've heard that, thanks for telling me, any chance of a link to the downside of porridge oats so I can have a good look and maybe tell some friends who also swear by porridge every morning.

Porridge is for when you're carrying all your needs in a backpack. Lots of energy for little weight, as with other dried foods.

At home in your own kitchen? Erm ....

HOLA449
Porridge is for when you're carrying all your needs in a backpack. Lots of energy for little weight, as with other dried foods.

At home in your own kitchen? Erm ....

I like porridge, Nigel ! :)

I have it straight, with unsweetend soya milk, and a few raisins. I used to have honey on top (sounds rude that!) but Gordon's IR rate cut for savers saw that get axed along with other luxuries like butter.

Standing in a sub-PO queue this morning, I noticed the grocieries side has Jordans Country Crunch for £4.99 !!!!! £5 for a box of cereal, deflation LOL !

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Samuel Johnson referred, disparagingly, to this in his dictionary definition for oats: "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people." His biographer, James Boswell, noted that Lord Elibank was said by Sir Walter Scott to have retorted, "Yes, and where else will you see such horses and such men?"[5]

You may have a sense of humour mate - but plenty others find racisim no laughing matter.

Quite.

My coolies and punkawallahs are incensed.

I've had to whip them to calm them down.