Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Problems start to self-generate if the market keeps falling e.g. Lifa Assurer's solvency limites etc.

Still can't see sub-3,500 and will start buying selected companies if we hit 3,650

I had last year's low at 3635, with the DAX trading at 4,026 on the futures, but we may have been looking at a slightly different measure

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
The Dow only finished down 89 - The FTSE usually end ups opening half way between the FTSE last close and the Dow close. I thought there might some other news.

Maybe its that I have just confiscated my wife's credit card, seriously a few announcements due out a t 9.30 maybe people waiting for the news that finally breaks the markets terminally, as I type car figs nearly 60% down

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
The Dow only finished down 89 - The FTSE usually end ups opening half way between the FTSE last close and the Dow close. I thought there might some other news.

Yes, your right. However the dow futures which are open overnight have also fallen heavily.

So the FTSE has the losses yesterday and the projected future losses to follow.

HOLA4417

I have just read a french article last night suggesting some severe volatility from the 20th of February by juxtaposing the current market fluctuations with the ones of the 30's by changing the day unit to a week... I start wondering if he is right now...

Edited by pmaupoil

HOLA4418

bubbles burst, thats why

only now are the populace appreciating what a bunch of 'nutters' on this site saw coming over 5 years ago.

the FTSE is based on our whole economy, and this in turn has boomed on the back of property speculation fueled by silly lending.

I have an idea, I will fill a bag with turds and a few of us can take it in turns to sell it to each other, to be in the game you must pay more than you got for it, but you cant lose because you sell it on next at a profit. nobody loses, we all get rich, all we need is to find someone daft enough to lend us the cash,

What's Adam Applegarth doing now?

Edited by Umaguma

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I believe chartists view yesterdays closing low in the DOW as extremely bearish.

That's what I read somewhere anyway - not sure if the forecaster had been casting bones/runes, reading tealeaves or plotting black swans in the moving averages but I got the idea.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It's options expiry today I believe, so a large move up or down is likely.

I'd guess the market is starting to price in a protracted recession and the fact that the trillions of bailout monies haven't made the slightest bit of difference.

People like me are playing their part as well - every unit trust I've bought has lost money so I'm sure as hell not throwing away more good money after bad. Another ponzi scheme will also only encourage more millionaires to take their money out of hedge funds and buy gold.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425