House Price Crash Forum

Edinburgh Spring Bounce

roblpm

You seem to know what you are doing and change your plans according to the market. Good work. As for the rest I don't understand how people who actually work in this business day to day can have so little knowledge ?

I think there must be some sort of self brainwashing going on ? Their pride simply won't let them admit they got it wrong. Very strange because everyone makes mistakes and gets things wrong !!

The best thing to do is realise your mistakes as soon as possible. This goes for life, business everything IMO.

I don't see the point in denial. But then I am a very matter of fact straight down the line sort of person. Not very welcome on newspaper websites like the Scotsman.. :ph34r:

The bottom line is what training do you get to become an estate agent ? all they do is take a few photos, tell a story to the client, stick it on the web, and look at sales historys to get a comparison, a 1 week training course, a car a phone and a desk and there you go, in the case of Remax i think the course is 2 days.

I Spoke to the senior property manager in a leading estate agency last week, she told me her client was struggling to sell his 3 bedroomed flat at Grunton Harbour, and he was looking to sell quick, i asked whats the asking price, she told me it was at offers over 310k.

I asked her do you know how much they are actually selling for down there ? she replied the builder is still advertising them at around 320k.

She had not a clue that they are actually selling for 150k for a 3 bed down there, her answer i better not tell the client, needless to say it is still on the market at 2007 prices.

Its not they are in denial, they just do not have a clue what is actually happening in the market place, and if they did actually figure it out that prices are down 50% on 07 prices, they would be to frightened to tell the clients because they know the Remax guy is round the corner quoting 07 prices plus ten percent. lol :ph34r:

Edited by thecrutchster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest An Bearin Bui
A little squirrel in Erskine House tells me that the bank (or at least, the administrators on behalf of the bank) are having a helluva job repossessing that lot.

No names, no packdrill, but I think you'll find that the properties were cunningly put "beyond reach" (as the IRA like to say) in the name of a certain Company registered number 518480 and having its principal office at:

Trident Chambers

PO Box 146

Road Town

Tortola

British Virgin Islands

Aha... just as I suspected. I have always been very, very suspicious of the operations of certain individuals in the property market in Edinburgh. From day one, I'd say most of those involved have had their backs covered and the proceeds of the bubble all stashed offshore, away from lawyers and tax officials. They will most likely get off scot-free (no pun intended) while the average numpty who bought at the peak is left sitting with a giant mortgage they can't pay and no job.

There is real evidence here of goings on that would make for a very juicy news story if only there was a half-decent journalist with the guts to go fishing...

'DJ', did you say? Hmmm... This 'DJ' wouldn't happen to run a letting agency as well, would he? If it's that DJ then you'll find quite a lot of interesting information about him in this Scottish forum if you search for his name. He's kind of our official property bull mascot... :lol:

For reasons, that I won't go into here, I personally hope he ends up bankrupt, living on the street and fighting with rabid dogs over scraps of rotten food from the bins of Edinburgh's less salubrious eateries :angry:

The likelihood of this happening is unfortunately very slim as I'm sure he has all his filthy lucre stashed away somewhere and is allowing strategic parts of his business go to the wall while protecting the rest of his assets...

Thanks i will take a look, i am new on here but i think the forum is really good.

Have a look at the thread below. Page 4 for about 10 pages IIRC has a lot of our DJ suspicions.

Considering we worked this out almost a year ago just shows how close the media are to these boys. Especially as I informed two papers of exactly what was going on and gave them all the info to back it up.

Not a peep. :rolleyes:

Suspicions..

Have a look at the thread below. Page 4 for about 10 pages IIRC has a lot of our DJ suspicions.

Considering we worked this out almost a year ago just shows how close the media are to these boys. Especially as I informed two papers of exactly what was going on and gave them all the info to back it up.

Not a peep. :rolleyes:

Suspicions..

Interesting i will take a look, cheers.