House Price Crash Forum

Whinging Savers

Setantii

HOLA441

I'm getting rather sick of savers bleating on about how the current low interest rates are ruining them financially and how it's not worth them saving their cash. How quickly they forget that if it wasn't for the taxpayer being forced to bail out the banking system these people wouldn't have any savings at all!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
I'm getting rather sick of savers bleating on about how the current low interest rates are ruining them financially and how it's not worth them saving their cash. How quickly they forget that if it wasn't for the taxpayer being forced to bail out the banking system these people wouldn't have any savings at all!

And if it hadnt been for the uneducated idiots that borrowed way beyond their means to support a lifestyle they couldnt afford.....the banks would not have needed bailing out in the first place.....

HOLA444

They are the taxpayers.

If you don't have a job and you have no savings, what are you going to pay tax with? If you want a mortgage or loan or credit card and the bank lends you money, if your employer wants a business loan to expand, create and keep jobs--whose money do you think it is?

Without savers, the economy is dead. Not the other way around.

Edited by adamLancs

HOLA445

the banks were not bailed out because of reckless saving!

HOLA446

Oh dear I hope you've got your flame-proof coat on.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I think we would have removed our savings in time and I've moved mine to a BS already. Nobody has saved me from anything.

If we had a society that put more emphasis on saving, instead of this chav attitude of irresponsibility, we wouldn't be in this god awful mess, which incidental is going to get massive. Get ready for 7 million unemployed and empty shelves in ASDA. I'm sick of Brown's attitude to help the overborrowed, and I might lose the value of my savings because of them

Or were you just out to wind people up for a laugh, cuz I've bitten?

HOLA449
Guest sillybear2

If people in this country had saved more there would have been no need for foreign funding or the securitisation market, we would have owed the money to ourselves.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

agreed with all the replies to your silly b0ll0cks and I'll add

most of these people have been paying 20% tax on all the interest gained on money theyve already paid tax on...

who's paying for the f---king bailouts?

taxpayers?

who caused the problem?

not the f--king savers thats for sure

you dimwit

HOLA4412

The banks don't/didn't need savers money. They sold debt for cash. A 300,000 mortgage was (after being sold to china) the same as a 300,000 deposit.

I think savers don't/didn't need borrowers to over extend themselves and ***** the world into oblivion. Unfortunately only the savers have any money, who do you think is going to pay for all this. You...... or me?

What about the poor b'stard who has worked for 50 years, saved some money to help pay for his old age only to have it inflated away into 1 weeks milk budget?

What about the poor b'stard who has worked for a deposit on a house so they arn't shagged by the landlord for the next 50 years only to have it inflated into 1 weeks rent?

What about the pr1ck who paid £40,000 for a house, thought it was worth 250,000. remortgaged 5 times and spent the lot on cars, holidays, kitchens & AV equipment. Only to have his interest dropped down to 24p a month.

You have no Idea. <_<

HOLA4413
They are the taxpayers.

If you don't have a job and you have no savings, what are you going to pay tax with? If you want a mortgage or loan or credit card and the bank lends you money, if your employer wants a business loan to expand, create and keep jobs--whose money do you think it is?

Without savers, the economy is dead. Not the other way around.

I have a job but I can't afford the luxury of savings and as far as I'm aware my work collegues are all in a similar position. We earn just enough to put a roof over our heads, pay the bills, put food on the table and buy a few pieces of cheap plastic tat to ammuse the kids.

So when I hear people earning enough to have spare cash to save, who now have their savings protected by the taxpayer (which includes people like me who don't have savings but pay into the system) it grates me no end to hear them crying over their lost interest payments. The banks are bailed out, the savers are bailed out, but people like me pay towards this extortion and have to thank our lucky stars we're still in a job!

Edited by Setantii

HOLA4414
And if it hadnt been for the uneducated idiots that borrowed way beyond their means to support a lifestyle they couldnt afford.....the banks would not have needed bailing out in the first place.....

If it wasn't for the educated financial racketeers trying to suck the uneducated into an exploitative system that milks them for all they're worth we wouldn't be in this mess. Of course you savers couldn't give a shit as long as you were getting your juicy interest payments. Your just like the bankers, fooking leeches on the back of the average working man.

Edited by Setantii

HOLA4415

good post swampy

my electric bill was £250+ this quarter up £100 on this time last year

using approx the same units

gas bill up 50%

food up xxx%

earnings on savings now less than half

I'm much worse of this year but we'll survive

unlike a lot of pensioners making the choice between eating + heat

just to pay for the bubble of fu-kwits who want it all wether they can pay for it or not

thats not whinging

thats f--king anger man

HOLA4416
If it wasn't for the educated financial racketeers trying to suck the uneducated into an exploitative system that milks them for all they're worth we wouldn't be in this mess. Of course you savers couldn't give a shit as long as you were getting your juicy interest payments. Your just like the bankers, fooking leeches on the back of the average working man.

youre attacking the wrong people and deep down I think you know it

HOLA4417
I have a job but I can't afford the luxury of savings and as far as I'm aware my work collegues are all in a similar position. We earn just enough to put a roof over our heads, pay the bills, put food on the table and buy a few pieces of cheap plastic tat to ammuse the kids.

So when I hear people earning enough to have spare cash to save, who now have their savings protected by the taxpayer (which includes people like me who don't have savings but pay into the system) it grates me no end to hear them crying over their lost interest payments. The banks are bailed out, the savers are bailed out, but people like me pay towards this extortion and have to thank our lucky stars we're still in a job!

tinyviolin5kj.jpg

HOLA4418

This is simply your personal failure. If you want to live differently, stop whinging and just do it. There are lots of way to earn enough to be happy.

I have lost my job and can't be more happy. Instead of signing up I have started self-employed business. I have reasonable savings and if I were to lose them I will earn them again.

Edited by refusnik

HOLA4419

So I take it you don't get any form of tax credits or allowances for the kids ?

No ?

That's good , because as a saver I really do hate having to pay tax for other people's children out of my savings income .

HOLA4420

I have read through this thread in anticipation of some wry humour...nope...none to be found...

You are 'well' out of your tree OP

HOLA4421

If finances are that tight, you are obviously one of those stupid people who have overstretched themselves. I am a saver and a taxpayer. My tax goes to pay you child benefit and working families tax credit if you want to be picky!!!!! :angry:

HOLA4422
the banks were not bailed out because of reckless saving!

Actually they were. It's plain that investors (I'm not talking about depositors here) who invested in the bonds of Northern Rock or HBOS were reckless, they were chasing yields that were only achievable in Ponzi-world.

Another example is the reckless Japanese response to their own bursting bubble, which was to flood the world with cheap yen in order to keep themselves competitive and to bolster global demand while domestic demand collapsed. Wikipedia:

By early year 2007, it was estimated that some US$1 trillion may be staked on the yen carry trade.[4] Since the late-1980's, the Bank of Japan has set Japanese interest rates at very low levels making it profitable to borrow Japanese yen to fund activities in other currencies. Many of these activities included matters like subprime lending in the USA, yet also include funding of emerging markets, especially BRIC countries and resource rich countries

HOLA4423
youre attacking the wrong people and deep down I think you know it

Not really.

Anybody who pumped their savings into property, assuming that prices will always go up , is rightly regarded as a fool on these boards. Most hear take great glee in their coming demise.

By the same token, anybody stashing their savings into a bank account, assuming that the bank will never fail and they will always be paid decent interest rates, is also just as deluded surely?

HOLA4424

that sounds like a whinge to me

sounds like youre unhappy about the amount that you get paid

maybe you couldn't really afford to have kids

I know I couldn't when my son came along

but you just have to manage

I've lived in poverty, there have been times when I've had nothing, living on the dole, doing shit jobd were there'd be no food till payday

my family lost the house + small business when I was young and spent a long time poor

I know what its like I'm sure many savers do too

its not like everyone who tries to guard against future woe is born with a silver spoon and spends thier whole life shovelling money into the bank

HOLA4425
So when I hear people earning enough to have spare cash to save, who now have their savings protected by the taxpayer (which includes people like me who don't have savings but pay into the system) it grates me no end to hear them crying over their lost interest payments.

But I think you are mistaken in your assumption that people who save are high earners.

I earn an averageish wage but can put a tidy sum away each month as (compared to my peers) I am not as frivolous with my cash as they are. Now I know every ones circumstances are different especially where children are involved. But I think your anger would be better placed at the people who have ensured that 'hard working families' are struggling to make ends meet. If property prices had not been allowed to go quite so mental many families would have more money to spend/save as they wished.