House Price Crash Forum

My Mate's Solution To Boost Employment...

PopGun

That's the real solution.

Your mate's problem has the major problem of how do you pay for all the pensions? There is a huge pension blackhole before you even start to reduce retirement age, if anything retirement age needs to be increasing.

So we pay youngsters with all their energy to waste away at home, while the older generation work till they drop. Get a grip man any excess labour should always be released at the older end of the market and pay them the money which would be paid in unemployment to the youngsters,that is if the older end would want to finish.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign workers are leaving

Number of brits unemployed goingg up,

Brits aged 50 and over do NOT, CANNOT physically and will NOT compete for the jobs that foreigners do in this country

Your point is totally invalid

They dont need to compete with foreign workers, its their country.

We import far more than we export, shut the door and get the British working.

As for over 50's not physically fit enough for work, well I can only say you must be young. When I left school and worked in construction, my mentors were well over 50, and they worked as hard if not harder than us nippers. It was also the case that the older and more experienced staff then went into management, having a lifetime of experience and a technical understanding of all trades.

Unlike todays young managers who are managers because they sat in a Uni for three years, and are sh1t hot on a playstation.

We have just had a decade of stupidity, whereby the laws of economics were re-written by inexperienced morons, and the last decade of management has been founded on the same principles.

If there is anyone here who has a high regard for their manager, I would like to hear about it.

This is why things have got to change, the working population paying pensions for many that can spend more years in retirement than working is not affordable and not sustainable...simple really. ;)

Ageism is ingrained in our society. It exists in all echelons of the workforce. Younger, quicker employees look down on people who are only in their late 40s and early 50s as if they are useless.

This situation arose, I believe, because the young have gradually been conditioned into believing they must work harder and harder, be smarter and smarter for less and less in order to support an ageing population. This makes somebody who is older, appear to be slow and unproductive.

This was bound to happen as population demographics started to shift.

There was a time when the young looked up to the old, at least in the west. Not anymore.

Ageism is ingrained in our society. It exists in all echelons of the workforce. Younger, quicker employees look down on people who are only in their late 40s and early 50s as if they are useless.

This situation arose, I believe, because the young have gradually been conditioned into believing they must work harder and harder, be smarter and smarter for less and less in order to support an ageing population. This makes somebody who is older, appear to be slow and unproductive.

This was bound to happen as population demographics started to shift.

There was a time when the young looked up to the old, at least in the west. Not anymore.

Having millions of young workers with ADHT is not good.

They think they are quicker, they think the are smarter, and they think they are the best.

The reality is somewhat different. I have trained up many many youngsters, both in construction and IT.

What I have found is they have to do everything quickly, and if they cannot do it, solve it, they get agitated and move on.

They have absolutely no problem solving analytical skills whatsoever. Everything is either a process or a procedure, to be learnt and then used for life.

I cannot count how many times in a production system I have had to tell a young person to slow down, STOP!!!! think what you are going to type, then type it.

They think that typing at record speed when issuing commands into a system representing an investment of 25bn, and supporting over 25million users is cool. That the silly old f4rts are slow, yet its the s1lly old f4rts that spend the weekend fixing it, whilst they ring in sick "Cos they dun a couple of lines, and Mums Pie had Parrot sh1t in it."

Having millions of young workers with ADHT is not good.

They think they are quicker, they think the are smarter, and they think they are the best.

The reality is somewhat different. I have trained up many many youngsters, both in construction and IT.

What I have found is they have to do everything quickly, and if they cannot do it, solve it, they get agitated and move on.

They have absolutely no problem solving analytical skills whatsoever. Everything is either a process or a procedure, to be learnt and then used for life.

I cannot count how many times in a production system I have had to tell a young person to slow down, STOP!!!! think what you are going to type, then type it.

They think that typing at record speed when issuing commands into a system representing an investment of 25bn, and supporting over 25million users is cool. That the silly old f4rts are slow, yet its the s1lly old f4rts that spend the weekend fixing it, whilst they ring in sick "Cos they dun a couple of lines, and Mums Pie had Parrot sh1t in it."

The younger ones are also incredibly demanding, and have less respect for anyone (victims of the PC society?) than the older ones. I find they are quite spoiled and arrogant.

In actual fact, when I once worked as a manager at quite a senior level, I employed people of all ages together – from college leavers to someone who was past retirement age, and they all got on really well and worked well together. In fact, I found it was very useful to have such a pool of points of view and skills learned in different decades. But perhaps this wouldn't apply to all types of work? Also, it was a few years ago now, when people were still OK in their attitudes generally...and when greed and materialism weren't quite so rife as they are now.