House Price Crash Forum

Darling On Newsnight Now

HOLA441
You misunderestimate the ambition and avarice of politicians..... All MPs first and only is to ensure that they are re-elected. They dont care about anything else. In the same way that bacteria care about nothing but... well nothing.

So if they see their seats as under threat due to Brown, they will do anything. ANYTHING! to get rid of him.

what a beautiful analygy

:unsure:

I fear for the people

y'know, us and those around us

now the ragged doormat beneath the feet of contemptous ego

surely we didn't deserve such scum

Edited by mr slump

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Someone I know bought HBOS at 220 last October and went on 10k holiday to Antarctica hoping by the time he is back the shares are up and paid for his holiday.

They closed down at about 60 today? :lol::lol::lol:

He said back then that's it - that is the bottom.

Reminds me of some HPI bulls on here

Did they get a nice tan though?

HOLA444

I watched AD and to be honest I didn't think he was that bad. No-one has been dealt a worse hand than he has and because the man who dealt him that hand is his titular boss (the de facto boss being Mandy;there is someone behind him but his name is hidden), he can say nothing. He of course couldn't say Lloyds would be nationalised so didn't. What struck me apart from the blinking was that he seems to have an air of a man who knows that for him the game is up and he looks like he will be mighty relieved when this whole sorry charade is behind him. I feel sorry for him really, and he can collect those directorships and sail off into the sunset.

Anyway, as other posters have said, if Lloyds is taken into public ownership the repercussions are HUGE for GB and for the government (at this stage I declare an interest - I owned 1000 shares in Lloyds, bought for yield about 5 years ago. God knows how many shares in Ll BG I now own, or what they are worth. What I do know is that there will be no yield for a while!).

HOLA445
"He has one eye" - discrimination on grounds of physical disability

"He's Scottish" - race-related dicrimination and hatred

"evidently an idiot" - discrimination on grounds of mental disability

And they say we live in a fair, just and tolerant society :lol:

Well, anyone who believes that statement to be correct is probably blind, foreign or stupid.

Any candidates?

db

HOLA446
I watched AD and to be honest I didn't think he was that bad. No-one has been dealt a worse hand than he has and because the man who dealt him that hand is his titular boss (the de facto boss being Mandy;there is someone behind him but his name is hidden), he can say nothing. He of course couldn't say Lloyds would be nationalised so didn't. What struck me apart from the blinking was that he seems to have an air of a man who knows that for him the game is up and he looks like he will be mighty relieved when this whole sorry charade is behind him. I feel sorry for him really, and he can collect those directorships and sail off into the sunset.

Anyway, as other posters have said, if Lloyds is taken into public ownership the repercussions are HUGE for GB and for the government (at this stage I declare an interest - I owned 1000 shares in Lloyds, bought for yield about 5 years ago. God knows how many shares in Ll BG I now own, or what they are worth. What I do know is that there will be no yield for a while!).

Darling was most likely a genuine idealist who believed in what he was doing. I think he was some sort of Trotskyite in his student days. I think he has the demeanour of a man whose world has been shattered and has discovered that, in fact, there is a sorry charade behind everything.

HOLA447
God I hope so.

Thousand quid to the HPC charity on the day that The Conservatives take office.

So you belive that lot are different ? perhaps your not old enougth to remember last time ................and before you ask I dont have a clue who can sort this mess out myself voting for the Monster Raving lot i next time just to register my view of the rest of them.

HOLA448

As others have said - why don't they just merge all the dross into one entity under Givernment control ?

They want a 'bad bank' - well the obvious option is staring them in the face.

The Lloyds technical merging won't even have begun in any great amount yet. These things take years. To 'un merge' would not be a big deal. Well it probably would be Legally. However we know the Law will be dismissed if necessary for 'National Security'. Been done already to let this deal go through. Can easily be reversed.

Bad Bank of RBS/HBOS/NR. The rest get on with trying to survive and perhaps even making a profit.

Only issue is the amount of debt the taxpayer would be directly liable for.

However in reality we are all liable already - so why not.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
The Lloyds technical merging won't even have begun in any great amount yet. These things take years. To 'un merge' would not be a big deal. Well it probably would be Legally. However we know the Law will be dismissed if necessary for 'National Security'. Been done already to let this deal go through. Can easily be reversed.

Bad Bank of RBS/HBOS/NR. The rest get on with trying to survive and perhaps even making a profit.

Mrs jonewer works for RBS. According to the gossip, RBS and ABN are still more or less seperate. The RBS people still work the RBS deals and the ABN people work the ABN deals... Basically two banks operating in one building. You could probably de-merge ABN and RBS, just chuck ABN into the HBOS/NR bin... set it in concrete.... dump the whole lot in the sea.

HOLA4412
Mrs jonewer works for RBS. According to the gossip, RBS and ABN are still more or less seperate. The RBS people still work the RBS deals and the ABN people work the ABN deals... Basically two banks operating in one building. You could probably de-merge ABN and RBS, just chuck ABN into the HBOS/NR bin... set it in concrete.... dump the whole lot in the sea.

I know a fair bit about the above. So I can't really comment in detail. However I can say that to 'de-separate' RBS and ABN AMRO would not be a piece of cake. Very complex and a lot has happened already. Technical stuff. The physical stuff is far easier. The techncial stuff is not. :ph34r:

HOLA4413

I believe the HBOS assets should be rapidly unspun and ring-fenced a la NRK.

I believe the ABN assets should be dumped back on the Dutch govt. and let them sort it out. Tw@ts.

Lloyds can then bid for whatever it wants from the HBOS/NRK/B&B assets in due course. Un-forced.

Criminal proceedings against the FSA, HBOS, NRK, RBS boards. Put them underhouse arrest/seize their assets until court cases are resolved.

Labour to be forced to go to the country.

Edit: Btw, Darling's assertion that they had to act quickly to save the system is fallacious. The FSA worked intimately with HBOS since NRK went tu. They had over a year to know their assets inside out. lloyds figured them out in 12 weeks. FSA/Darling are lying. Simple as that.

Edited by Red Kharma