House Price Crash Forum

Can We Really Blame Gordon Brown

Is it really reasonable to blame a Scottish dropout, with a degree in history and a job record composed of being a journalist for the state of the Global Economy.

Surely if a nation employs someone of limited intellligence, who lacks social skills, and is numerically illiterate by his own admission, surely it would be cruel to aportion any blame to him at all.

If British Airways employed a baggage handler to fly a 747 and it crashed on takeoff, would it be right to blame the baggage handler, or the people that allowed him to fly it. ?

freckly_gordon_brown.jpg

Edited by laurejon

Good point. Gordon may not have a mandate as PM, but as Chancellor he was part of the nu-labour team that the country voted into power three times.

So: Find someone that voted Labour at the last election and hang them from a lamp post.

If British Airways employed a baggage handler to fly a 747 and it crashed on takeoff, would it be right to blame the baggage handler, or the people that allowed him to fly it. ?

In order the analogy to work, that baggage handler would have had to have claimed to be the best person for the job of piloting the plane, and spent an extraordinary amount of time, effort and money in his attempts to justify that claim.

Yes, the baggage handler is to blame, and so are the people who employed him.

Analogies aside, Brown's to blame and, yes, a fair percentage of Brits are to blame for putting him there.

I think society in general should be held to account to a certain degree for supporting him for years when it was clear he was not up to the job, had no solid plans, disregarded trade figures, disregarded borrowing figures both private and public.

In my view Gordon was handed a job he was not up to, but was pressured to remain in office as Chancellor to keep up appearances.

He should have explained to the public at the time, he was incapable, I guess he was embarrased and did not want to dissapoint his very strict father.

The fact that he has now come clean, and admitted he didnt know what he was doing, and was not up to the job in my view gives him some salvation from public anger, its just annoying he didnt own up sooner.

I think society in general should be held to account to a certain degree for supporting him for years when it was clear he was not up to the job, had no solid plans, disregarded trade figures, disregarded borrowing figures both private and public.

In my view Gordon was handed a job he was not up to, but was pressured to remain in office as Chancellor to keep up appearances.

He should have explained to the public at the time, he was incapable, I guess he was embarrased and did not want to dissapoint his very strict father.

The fact that he has now come clean, and admitted he didnt know what he was doing, and was not up to the job in my view gives him some salvation from public anger, its just annoying he didnt own up sooner.

What planet have you been on for the past 10 years. Brown loved being chancellor he resisted pressure from Blair to move him with threats of "I will split the party and fight you" So he is also disloyal and very childish.

He has not come clean at all, the has been no statement of any remorse from him for the misery he has caused people. If anything the opposite is true he seems to be revelling in the misery of this recession and tell everybofy how great he is because he single handely saved the worlds banking system.

The guy is an arrogant dilussional fxckwit

I thought the selling point for Dunewoody’s daughter at Crewe and Nantwick by election was the best I’ve heard.

Her unique selling point for the job was that she was “A single unemployed mother of 5”.

Labour thought this fully qualified her for the job as MP.

But she would still have been a better Chancellor than Brown.

Good point. Gordon may not have a mandate as PM, but as Chancellor he was part of the nu-labour team that the country voted into power three times.

So: Find someone that voted Labour at the last election and hang them from a lamp post.

Can you imagine what this country could achieve if we hung everyone that voted labour.

Sure we would lose 9 million people. And GDP would shrink, but GDP per head would rocket.

Edited by KingBingo
Can you imagine what this country could achieve if we hung everyone that voted labour.

Sure we would lose 9 million people. And GDP would shrink, but GDP per head would rocket.

Houses would be cheaper.

We might be food and energy self-sufficient too.

i blame the government system. that includes brown

get him up against the wall.

i dont blame the bankers as much.

as far as im concerned the issue is high house prices. if anything, the government should have banned multiple ownership, banned flats except student and nurse acc etc and banned private landlords.

housing as as much a right as water and electric etc. they have regulations against exorbitant phone fees etc, why not housing. I know its not easy but that, if anything should have been governments role. they feecked up.

gordon should go, as well as all the rest of them.

spill the claret

He reminds me of baldrick in Black Adder. Always coming up with cunning plans that fail! :lol:

Gordon Brown was warned repeatedly about the damage real estate speculation and high house prices were doing to the uk economy and he was also told how the problem could be solved. He refused to act, claiming that there was 'no problem at all'

More than anyone else, this concieted buffoon is to blame.