House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Romans - 16 Lots

tommyboy

HOLA441

Live Auction

| Romans LiveLink | Romans Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Romans has 16 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Romans Auction 11/02/2009 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

HOLA442

Lot 1 ( Guide Price: 60 )

Vendor: Romans

Address: 78 Elm Park Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £95,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA443
HOLA444

Lot 2 ( Guide Price: 450 )

Address: 52 Burfield Road, Old Windsor, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Detached Bungalow 5 Room(s) Garden Double Garage/s Parking Space Out Building 0.413 Acre Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £470,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA445
Lot 1 ( Guide Price: 60 )

Address: 78 Elm Park Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £95,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

number 82 sold for 100k in 12/5/06.

but then:

04/03/2004 £149,000 Ter. F No Map 74, Elm Park Road, Reading, RG30 2TN Properties for sale near RG30 2TN

take your pick. :)

HOLA446

Lot 3 ( Guide Price: 250 )

Address: 18 Pinewood Avenue, Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG45

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Detached House Two Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Parking Space Unmodernised Development Potential Extension Vacant © Romans

Last Sold Price: £210,000 on 28/03/2003

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £247,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £37,000 ( 17.6% ) since purchase on 28/03/2003.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA447

Lot 5 ( Guide Price: 150 )

Address: 21 Wood Close, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold End of Terrace House Two Floor 7 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Last Sold Price: £150,000 on 30/01/2001

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £192,500 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £42,500 ( 28.3% ) since purchase on 30/01/2001.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA448

Lot 5 ( Guide Price: 150 )

Address: 21 Wood Close, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold End of Terrace House Two Floor 7 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Last Sold Price: £150,000 on 30/01/2001

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £192,500 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £42,500 ( 28.3% ) since purchase on 30/01/2001.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA449
Lot 2 ( Guide Price: 450 )

Address: 52 Burfield Road, Old Windsor, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Detached Bungalow 5 Room(s) Garden Double Garage/s Parking Space Out Building 0.413 Acre Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £470,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Obviously a reasonable area. Check out the rampant HPI on the property a short walk away: :blink:

1 19/12/2006 £1,635,000 Det. F No Map 56, Burfield Road

2 05/10/2004 £630,000 Det. F No Map 56, Burfield Road

3 22/03/2002 £476,000 Det. F No Map 56, Burfield Road

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Lot 6 ( Guide Price: 160 )

Address: 51 Vastern Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold End of Terrace Corner Shop 239 Square Feet Ancillary 172 Square Feet Two Floor Upper Part Self-Contained Flat Three Room(s) Yards Parking Space Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £181,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4412

Lot 7 ( Guide Price: 160 )

Address: 12 Brooksby Road, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire, RG31

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Semi-Detached Bungalow 4 Room(s) Garden Garage/s Parking Space Unmodernised Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £183,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4413

Lot 8 ( Guide Price: 120 )

Address: 3 Stanley Grove, Reading, Berkshire, RG1

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Terrace House Three Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £126,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4414

Crowthorne property sold for more than 2003 at auction. I'm offering 2002 prices through estate agents, no wonder i'm getting rebuffed!

At the moment 225 is the "correct" historical price for the houses i'm interest in, i'm trying to get people to bite at 205 but it's not easy. This auction price for the crowthorne property confirms what i thought. There's alot of people with money still in this area, prob priced out earlier in the cycle with big deposits.

Maybe it's renting for me then. Which isn't bad, just not what i had hoped for! Cheers TommyB.

HOLA4415

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Terrace House Three Floor 5 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Romans

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

might have considered that one in all seriousness. £126k. Central, near station etc. Certainly affordable in my book.

need to get my @rse in gear and start looking at auctions.

Do you know what sort of commission rate they're charging.?

HOLA4416

Lot 13 ( Guide Price: 40 )

Address: Land at 6 Winchester Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG2

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Land & Detached Garage/s 0.048 Acre Development Potential Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £39,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4417

Lot 14 ( Guide Price: 40 )

Address: Land at Cricklade Road, Purton, Purton Stoke, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5

The description from the Romans website is: Freehold Agricultural Pasture Land 6.6 Acre Vacant © Romans

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £34,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

I know this area well. It's right on the edge of the shittiest part of town. There are piles of druggies and prostitutes everywhere, which when the economy was OK were kept in check and slightly down the road. This area will go down hill really fast. It would have been the next area to be gentrified. No hope in hell of that happening now. It'll revert back to slum. I'm absolutely certain this house or others like it will sell for 60k in a couple of years.