House Price Crash Forum

P M Qs In A Few Minutes

I couldn't have put it better myself. You're a credit to this forum, CL.

p

OUCH. Tories just admitted that a staff member changed the wikipedia entry to show Titians age at death as being 86 instead of 91, after Cameron's jab at Brown on the subject.

This now dominates the news cycle, instead of the real debate.

Talk about an own goal.

Quite worrying really, as I have always voted Tory, but they really do seem to be verging on the incompetent at the moment. Camoron just comes across as such a pandering sycophant. He's almost as far left as Brown for heavens sakes.

OUCH. Tories just admitted that a staff member changed the wikipedia entry to show Titians age at death as being 86 instead of 91, after Cameron's jab at Brown on the subject.

This now dominates the news cycle, instead of the real debate.

Talk about an own goal.

Quite worrying really, as I have always voted Tory, but they really do seem to be verging on the incompetent at the moment. Camoron just comes across as such a pandering sycophant. He's almost as far left as Brown for heavens sakes.

it's a fukcin mystery as to why they didn't put the boot in during the bank collapses of Oct/Nov, reminded me of when Blair convinced the quiet man to come onside for the *greater good* over Iraq. Can only think their failure to seize their moment related to Osbourne and his connections at the top of the real decision making ladder, either that or Mandy had 'polaroids' of the soft kunt with a rose in his mouth getting it good style from Mandy's Brazilian boyfriend.

yeah right. Maggie was your idol.

And house prices are rising strongly....

You'll have to try harder than that

yeah right. Maggie was your idol.

Actually Maggie is my idol. The best political leader of our lifetime.

And house prices are rising strongly....

No, house prices are falling, and will continue to do so until at least the end of this year. I've said this repeatedly, check my posts.

I have NEVER recommended people should buy now, or even that they should buy before the second half of 09 or early 2010, and even then only dependent on retail interest rates. I have specifically told people not to buy now, as my post history will confirm to you.

I have also consistently stated I believe national average prices will fall between 25% and 35% from peak. But that a few areas will see much smaller falls, perhaps 10% to 15%, and some areas will see 50% plus. Again, my post history will confirm this.

You'll have to try harder than that

Quite frankly you can kiss my ar5e with your insinuations. I am neither a bull or a Labour supporter.

But I do believe that the only way out of this mess (for the majority) is to devalue, print and inflate. And then over the long term to SLASH AND BURN the public sector and reduce taxes massively.

I also believe that all political parties would rather look after the interests of the 70% majority who are property owners than the small minority who are not. And that with an election due shortly, this will dictate policy.

Fair? Maybe not. But probable to the point of near inevitability? Absolutely.

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

No, house prices are falling, and will continue to do so until at least the end of this year. I've said this repeatedly, check my posts.

I have NEVER recommended people should buy now, or even that they should buy before the second half of 09 or early 2010, and even then only dependent on retail interest rates. I have specifically told people not to buy now, as my post history will confirm to you.

I have also consistently stated I believe national average prices will fall between 25% and 35% from peak. But that a few areas will see much smaller falls, perhaps 10% to 15%, and some areas will see 50% plus. Again, my post history will confirm this.

Quite frankly you can kiss my ar5e with your insinuations. I am neither a bull or a Labour supporter.

But I do believe that the only way out of this mess (for the majority) is to devalue, print and inflate. And then over the long term to SLASH AND BURN the public sector and reduce taxes massively.

I also believe that all political parties would rather look after the interests of the 70% majority who are property owners than the small minority who are not. And that with an election due shortly, this will dictate policy.

:o I need a lie down. A whole post from HAMISH, and I can't find anything to disagree with :blink:

I agree with most of this, but the majority are not property "owners" they are "mortgage debtors" and they have effectively commited financial suicide (unless the idea of reducing principle catches on?) you have to get it right. As the banks now want a market crash so they can lend at proper multiples, anyone who is a "mortgage debtor" is going to have to be sacrificed. The pain will equate to when and how much they indebted themselves for.

Edited by dances with sheeple