House Price Crash Forum

Buyers Lining Up, Says Rics

How many dreamers with no little to no deposit are out there dipping their toes in the market desperate to buy with not a chance in hell, still hoping that we might be returning to a time when their "friends" bought a place with a hundred per cent mortgage.

Demand yes, There is always demand, as said a million times.

Realisation of that demand = No chance for many FTBs, Dont forget we live in an "on tick" society, most FTBs wont even know how to save.

BTW: I demand servicing by Rachel Stevens, So if your trolling Rachel, I DEMAND it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's not a polular view on here I agree that once the money becomes available the housing market will be like a Christmas sale.

Thousands out there ready to jump in.

I predict big rises in 2010. Average house price over £200,000 again.

It is vital for the UK economy that enough people with larger deposites think along these lines.

Who else will pay for this crash? The government have helped by taking interest rates down towards zero and threats of looming hyper inflation has spooked many into action.

The equity these buyers hold will pay for the downturn.

We are heading quickly into a downturn never seen before in anyone livings lifetime, the banks have been stretched to the limit, the government has borrowed to the point of a currency collapse many overleveraged individuals and businesses are surviving on deminishing hope alone. We need as many cash rich buyers as possible to buy now to cushion this fall.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO BUY WE SALUTE YOU

Heres whats REALLY happening in the market...

One in five of the people where I work are waiting to find out when they are going to be made redundant.

THAT is what is going on in the market throughout the UK, WHEN is it going to sink in to your head that people ARE NOT going to be buying bloody houses with no confidence in their future, and no means to pay for them?

Thats reality not some smoked up pipe dream you seem to have your head stuck in.

It it is SO bad out there, why would enquiries be UP?

Most banks are prudent now and ask for LTV of 75% at least. This will change as soon as the pressure on them to start lending again gets too big.

Repeating to yourself what you think/beleive again and again does not make it any more thruthful.

You ought to accept what it REALLY happening on the housing market right now. You will be surprised.

Heres whats REALLY happening in the market...

One in five of the people where I work are waiting to find out when they are going to be made redundant.

THAT is what is going on in the market throughout the UK, WHEN is it going to sink in to your head that people ARE NOT going to be buying bloody houses with no confidence in their future, and no means to pay for them?

Thats reality not some smoked up pipe dream you seem to have your head stuck in.

This is a very important fact. Everyone knows house prices are still over valued and there will be alot of wait-and-see if I am still in a job in 6 months time before making the decision to by take on further debt.

There are only a small % of the population who have jobs for life who can think about moving, and generally these are lower average salaries in the public sector. This bubble is going to deflate further in 2009.

This is a very important fact. Everyone knows house prices are still over valued and there will be alot of wait-and-see if I am still in a job in 6 months time before making the decision to by take on further debt.

There are only a small % of the population who have jobs for life who can think about moving, and generally these are lower average salaries in the public sector. This bubble is going to deflate further in 2009.

very controvertial!

Another example, I know someone who works for RBS (go on snigger then..), and half the staff in the office have just recently been told they are going.

Many of these are people working in new business, now if there is such scope for new business and such pent up demand waiting to be unleashed why are all these people being given the chop?

Answer: there is NO NEW BUSINESS and that means mortgages!

very controvertial!

The bears seem to be overlooking the armies of property developers, amateur landlords etc who are queuing up along with all the long time frustrated renters (with daddy's fat loan deposit) to buy property.

The x salary argument is outdated now!

If you are going to wait for a house to be 3 or 4x av. salary then you'll be renting for a long time, probably for ever.

The laws of supply and demand have not changed but the housing market in the UK, since the BTL revolution and consumer loss of confidence in pensions and savings, has.

I am going to buy real soon before prices shoot up again. When the recovery of the economy, jobs, feel-good Olympic factor kicks in, prices will continue upwards, beyond reach of mr or mrs average.

Edited by workingnomad
completely agree which is why i want to see the full report

buyer enquiries up again i believe but SALES down

ie just full of timewasters nosying around inside but no real money

rejection is more like one in three in my experience and let's not forget that that brokers and introducers are heading off the applicant at the first hurdle now whereas previously (2006-2007) they could have got anyone a mortgage ....

Edited by Converted Lurker
the value of a house= 0 + a savers capital + loan issued to buyer. the lower the loans, the lower the price. The lower the capital, the lower the price..... this formula needs to be shard amongst the entire market place for a given home to see what competing buyers are capable of offering

no such thing as a discounted flow of rent. thats a made up rational.

Now you're just being silly BL. If an asking price is £200,000, the prospective buyer has £25,000 available and the bank will only lend £75,000, where is the other £100,000 going to come from?

The asking price cannot change coz the vendor said so, the prospective buyer cannot magic up more money and the banks won't lend more.

In your silly scenario, we'd just end up with lots and lots of houses up for sale and no-one buying them!

p-o-p

It's really wierd i can't tell whats going on, at the beginning of january nothing was selling and house price and fallen quite a bit. However, over the past two weeks houses in my area are now starting to sell left right and centre, this is making it hard for me to judge exactly how things are going to pan out.

loz

Your not seeing the real issue here, the real issue is the economy.....there isn't one!

Go ahead, buy but don't come on here crying when your net asset plummets 25 - 30%

The bears seem to be overlooking the armies of property developers, amateur landlords etc who are queuing up along with all the long time frustrated renters (with daddy's fat loan deposit) to buy property.

If you are going to wait for a house to be 3 or 4x av. salary then you'll be renting for a long time, probably for ever.

The laws of supply and demand have not changed but the housing market in the UK, since the BTL revolution and consumer loss of confidence in pensions and savings, has.

I am going to buy real soon before prices shoot up again. When the recovery of the economy, jobs, feel-good Olympic factor kicks in, prices will continue upwards, beyond reach of mr or mrs average.

It's really wierd i can't tell whats going on, at the beginning of january nothing was selling and house price and fallen quite a bit. However, over the past two weeks houses in my area are now starting to sell left right and centre, this is making it hard for me to judge exactly how things are going to pan out.

loz

Pent up insanity is a strange beast.

p-o-p

Why are you so bitter about something becoming cheaper for other people to purchase? And how do you expect people to take your comments seriously when you obviously appear to have a vested interest in high house prices for whatever reason?

Dead cat bounce.

I've got a large deposit saved up. I want to buy.

I also thought i had a secure job, and they've just announced a 3rd round of redundancies (IT related). Prices will drop, and i'll buy in a year or two if i still have a job. Bugger doing anything now.

loz

who is buying?

Yes they are believe it or not I'm on Anglesey.

I already own a flat lived there for 5 years but now that i've just got engaged we want to get a larger place, but have noticed recently that houses round here are starting to sell.

I really don't care about wheather i'll lose money on our next place, just want a proper home that we'll be in for the foreseeable future.

loz

PPFFFFFFTTTTTT!!

You bulls crack me up.

Do you actually have ANY IDEA what a depression IS?! Ask Ed Balls.

Hint: It is not a scenario where prices go up after a stratospheric manic high fuelled by now-destroyed loose credit.

Oh well, another round of kindergarten drop-outs failing their 5+ in "finking about money and wot 'appens and wot fings mean".

I think it's one of the last rounds before these remedial friends of ours disappear forever so cherish these times people, cherish them. Children grow up so fast.

Why are you so bitter about something becoming cheaper for other people to purchase? And how do you expect people to take your comments seriously when you obviously appear to have a vested interest in high house prices for whatever reason?

Wrong and wrong. I have no interest in prices rising! I am planning on buying soon so why would I want prices to rise?

...and there is no bitterness.

I am only stating my opinion that prices will not fall to 3x salary.

I just cannot see it happening. I am as annoyed as anyone that houses have become the new way to invest, but I am realistic enough to realise that the longer I sit around watching it, the harder it will be to ever own a place.