HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
There is, I think, a plus side to all this rampant 'green shoots' media nonsense...the HPC forum will grow in notoriety.

Wot, notorious for commenting on what they imagine has been written instead of what has been written? <_<

The article is actually pretty down-beat, and one bidding-tiff does not a housing-recovery make (did anybody imagine that there would never again be two keen buyers after the same property?) ... and note that the lower offer was accepted because that buyer was better placed to proceed. Are people missing what that actually says about the market?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I know you all want a crash but thank god it's not going to happen.

Haven't you seen enough?

Before you would have got a cheap house the country would have been on it's knees.

That was a cool move yesterday to lower rates. It's going to be the trigger to set the housing market alight.

Might take a year or so but it's going to get back to normal. That message has been received and understood by homeowners now thank you. I'll never buy another newspaper again. Express forever.

You're a moron wrapped in a rabbit's ****

HOLA4412

Haven't you seen enough?

Before you would have got a cheap house the country would have been on it's knees.

That was a cool move yesterday to lower rates. It's going to be the trigger to set the housing market alight.

Might take a year or so but it's going to get back to normal. That message has been received and understood by homeowners now thank you. I'll never buy another newspaper again. Express forever.

Thank you the court jester.

Made oi laff.

HOLA4413

As I said on another thread yesterday - unemplyment and LTV ratios are key here.

I bet the 16,000 postal workers dont't feel like green shoots as they lose their jobs and I bet there are not too many FTB feeling too happy as they contemplate another ten years in rented accomodation while they save for a 25% deposit while paying of their student loan and 45% marginal tax rates.

Edited by Wad

HOLA4414

Haven't you seen enough?

The thing is, Sibbers, you seem to think all homeowners want house prices to go up. They don't. Plenty of us on here 'own' properties but want to upsize. Lower prices make it easier and cheaper to do this.

As for buying the Express, go for it...you'll need all the bog roll you can get over the coming months. ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Good point, a reversion to "normality"; the long term average return on property as an invesmtent, would require a fall from top to bottom of circa 35%. On that basis we're approx. half way through the fall - in terms of money/equity not necessarily time.

You are quite right in as much as these measures taken by the govt are partly desgined to prevent a total collapse of house prices, they know the best that can be acheived is a reversion to norm, I suspect they and lenders know a 35% correction is already baked in, what you're currently witnessing is them (govt/BoE/other mandarins) peddling like the ant hill mob in order to prevent a collapse beyond that.

I suspect if they do manage to contain a collapse to only 35% from peak (and I reckon they will...just) they can *justifiably* consider they've done a good job, at the expense of future tax payers of course, who will be saddled with a multi generation debt.