House Price Crash Forum

England South West

jazzcat

HOLA441

Hi There

Can anyone give me the heads up on the housing market in Falmouth/Penryn.

We have been following the market on the net since last sept and have viewed about seven or eight properties to date

All the agents say the local market place is buoyant and they have just sold lots but I feel that the prices are still coming down.

jazzcat

HOLA442
Hi There

Can anyone give me the heads up on the housing market in Falmouth/Penryn.

We have been following the market on the net since last sept and have viewed about seven or eight properties to date

All the agents say the local market place is buoyant and they have just sold lots but I feel that the prices are still coming down.

jazzcat

Having just read the property pages of the West Briton newspaper, it appears prices are still strong and from what I can see, still rising. Certain agents are reporting an increase in sales for January, but I suspect, buyers are extremely cautious and fussy in what they are looking for.

Edited by tplatt

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443
Having just read the property pages of the West Briton newspaper, it appears prices are still strong and from what I can see, still rising. Certain agents are reporting an increase in sales for January, but I suspect, buyers are extremely cautious and fussy in what they are looking for.

Got to say it's a wonderful day in the South West today :rolleyes:

One property I have been watching in North Corwall has just dropped £10,000, it's a converted one bedroom flat, sea side location and was originally £99,000. I think that's a good omen

HOLA444

Property snake shows 10% off so far, this is low as the more attractive areas tend to be "sticky" on the way down, whereas somewhere less good like Redruth has a few over 20%.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/postcode/tr11

Agents are talking up Falmouth on the basis of a single good month but it's a dead cat bounce (or bull trap). Stand aside and inflation-proof your savings. 60% is the minimum drop before I look at anywhere.

Check out the Fulfords auction coming up as well (fulfords.co.uk), there are some bmvs on there. You can buy the Falmouth tower if you want. Though you'd be mad as it's listed.