House Price Crash Forum

They don't hire our workers - we don't buy their petrol, simple!

In practise Shell and the supermarkets are cheaper anyway so there's no hardship in putting them out of business.

(Also, they sold me contaminated fuel once and didn't 'fess up like the other oil companies. Instead they gave me the run-aound and hired a lots of PR people to keep their name out of the news; when I was trying to get compo one of them confessed to me she was part of a new team just brought in to put a lid on the news. The other companies, Esso mainly, just put their hands up and said yes we did bad, we'll pay.)

Well at least your username and avatar are honest. So a modicum of respect for that.

But sorry, no I won't be boycotting them just to pander to racists. Idiots like you made the 1930s depression worse, before we even move on to discuss the BNP angle.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 2 million british workers in the euro zone.

talk about idiocy. that striker calling them i-ties.

what dicks.

that worker probably has his own cheap home, tons of mew and possibly a 2nd pension home.

ake and eat it ?

naw. let it burn down. then rebuild.

these people are toast.

There are NOT 2 million brits working in the EU. The governments claim of "2 million british people living and working in the euro zone" is deliberately dishonest.

Note in particular the use of the word AND.

The facts are;

- The FCO website gives the number of Britons working elsewhere in the EU as 230,000.

- Other figuees use 290,000 (inclides govt. officials etc.)

- 1.5 million Brits have chosen to retire in EU countries but do not work.

----> The correct overall figure is about 1.8 million British citizens in total LIVE elsewhere in the EU (taking out Irish dual citizens).

This compares with 1.1 million non UK EU citizens actually WORKING in the UK

There are 5 times as many Brits working outside the EU than there are in it.

So balls to your new-lab regurgitation of false statistics

ABOUT TIME I SAID THIS TO THE WIFE ON DAY 1 OF THE STRIKES WELL DONE FOR POSTING THIS

Were you ill the day they did lower case? Or punctuation?

Actually I think its a pretty fair guess you missed most of it, even when you were there. Twunt. How can people spend so little time thinking things through? Read the rest of the posts on this thread for a small start.

:blink: Give me strength.

Yup "floating hotel in grimsby docks jobs, for floating hotel in grimsby docks, workers!"

+1

Is not about whom you employ but how and where the salaries are spent

Scoop all of the profits in a community without returning anything to that community - scorched land and devastation left behind as if there is no tomorrow

There are NOT 2 million brits working in the EU. The governments claim of "2 million british people living and working in the euro zone" is deliberately dishonest.

Note in particular the use of the word AND.

The facts are;

- The FCO website gives the number of Britons working elsewhere in the EU as 230,000.

- Other figuees use 290,000 (inclides govt. officials etc.)

- 1.5 million Brits have chosen to retire in EU countries but do not work.

----> The correct overall figure is about 1.8 million British citizens in total LIVE elsewhere in the EU (taking out Irish dual citizens).

This compares with 1.1 million non UK EU citizens actually WORKING in the UK

There are 5 times as many Brits working outside the EU than there are in it.

So balls to your new-lab regurgitation of false statistics

OK so do you want foreign countries to send our workers home or not?

ST

jaguar, corus all the big companies are not even british owned.

perhaps while were kicking out foreigners we should kick out the foreign investors too ?

these strikers are idiots with little motive other than self greed.

i didnt hear them complaining in 2006 when they were all mew machines.

Guest LongBlackKilt

In practise Shell and the supermarkets are cheaper anyway so there's no hardship in putting them out of business.

(Also, they sold me contaminated fuel once and didn't 'fess up like the other oil companies. Instead they gave me the run-aound and hired a lots of PR people to keep their name out of the news; when I was trying to get compo one of them confessed to me she was part of a new team just brought in to put a lid on the news. The other companies, Esso mainly, just put their hands up and said yes we did bad, we'll pay.)

Maybe being a bit less of a petrolhead in general would help England, Scotland, &c. to be less at the mercy of the international system?

Idiot.

At the end of the day if workers in the UK wanted the contract they should have priced accordingly. Just like we all do.

While I agree that from a business perspective price is generally all that matters when it comes to getting a job done the question to be asked should be 'is price all that matters?'. If the answer is an unwavering 'yes' then we might as well import all of our labor as the majority of citizens from other EU countries will work for considerably less than an equivalent UK worker.

Let's see, what happens next? Pop corn at the ready and watch UK society implode.

Can someone explain to me why people whine about a penny a litre here and 2p there etc

When they are filling up their 20 fookin grand car?

probably cos the car was on MEW or finance, and the 2p is actual money from the pocket.

the will have the same shock when they attempt to sell said 20k car and only get offers of 4k.

To those of you on this thread who think it should be British jobs for British workers I ask you this question.

'Why did the British workers not get the work?'

Why don't you buy your petrol in Saudi Arabia for 10 pence per litre instead of paying £1 per litre in UK?

Go foock off to SA for petrol not to Total forecourt in UK

Edited by threetimesdead
Why don't you buy your petrol in Saudi Arabia for 10 pence per litre instead of paying £1 per litre in UK?

Go foock off to SA for petrol not to Total forecourt in UK

It is a global marketplace for them

Get the cheapest labour possible (for EU -garlic belt countries)

Get the lowest tax regimes - Bermudas

For you and me - pay UK tax and UK prices

If it works both ways, then I will put my both hands up for globalisation

But it doesn't, you have to be blind not to see that

Edited by threetimesdead

I'll use Total more than usual. Compensate for the moronic protectionist minority.

The protesting workers should be fired.

I do 9,000 miles a year at an average 28mpg, so 2p/litre difference would only save me £29.22 a year - pretty insignificant. Having said that, I will continue to use whatever petrol station is convenient even if that is Total. I can't see anything wrong with what they've done. If I were going to change my habits I'm almost tempted to start using them.

Edited by impatient_mug
I do 9,000 miles a year at an average 28mpg, so 2p/litre difference would only save me £29.22 a year - pretty insignificant. Having said that, I will continue to use whatever petrol station is convenient even if that is Total. I can't see anything wrong with what they've done. If I were going to change my habits I'm almost tempted to start using them.

Good good for you - for now - until you will have no business to drive to any longer since they are all moved elsewhere, where something/anything is cheaper than here.

Have you made sure there is somewhere to go for you too?

I like this - my backyard/ar**se - mentality. This is how 6 mln folkes got gassed.

Edited by threetimesdead

I don't support the striker's motives, but I am enjoying watching Gordon Brown being hoist by the petard of his own moronic mantras.

More than a decade of BBC/Guardian led multi-culti, diversity awareness and look what you still get. Underlines the pointless nature of political correctness and its euphemistic cant. Those who are most in need of reforming their views are obviously completely impervious to it.

Those who'd never knowlingly say anything offensive to anyone from another culture get their Christmas nativity banned whilst Labour's core vote are wanly chastised for overt racism.

Big business exploits workers throughout the EU by using weak employment law. How else can you explain Italian and Portuguese workers having to live on a barge in the UK during the winter in order to provide for their families? We have very little power as workers but we do still have enormous power as consumers. I, for one, won't be buying from Total because I find it unacceptable that a major corporation feels it can ignore the local community in whichever country it operates.

They've got form too. As I posted on another tread, Total operate the Buncefield Oil Depot which exploded in 2005. Four years later they have yet to compensate the dozens and dozens of families and local companies who had their homes and businesses damaged or destroyed in the explosion. The case is currently at the High Court. Their defence is that they could not have foreseen that the explosion would have caused so much damage so they are not liable :rolleyes: .