House Price Crash Forum

Bristol - Persimmon "ashley Down" Development

M Wall

Hi, I used to live in Ashley Down. It's proximity to Gloucester Road and the independent shops there is handy.

Whilst it is close to St Pauls, somehow being up the top of the hill it seemed separate. I quite liked it. It had a sense of community and wasn't too posh. Culturally mixed, bit BoHo & rough around the edges. Backs on to allotments and a footpath linking to St Werburghs. As I say, I liked it. Don't know what life is like at the development you're talking about though. That is at the St Pauls end of Ashley Down. Parking was a nightmare on the road when the cricket/football was playing though. Used to give up trying and go somewhere else. Bus links into town.

What the previous poster didn't mention is that it also borders Bishopston which is considered to be a haunt of yummie mummys and is quite posh.

Take a look and see what you think.