House Price Crash Forum

Hpc V Facebook And Some Diabolical Thing....

HOLA441

My initial comments remain, great networking tool used in the correct manner and with caution. Cant stand the sheep throwing, nudging bits of it.

Please be wary of ' tagged' This is reccomended by friends in a similar vein but tags everyone you know and you get creeps wanting dates etc, whether genuine or not, If I wanted a dating agency I would join one.

Edited by hev

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Can one of you basefooker's tell me if it is yet possible for you to stop your "friends" from being able to see all of your other "friends"?

I see this as being a big privacy infringement. Dunno about the rest of you but I have some friends that I don't want other friends to know about.

If I add someone to my contacts list on my mobile phone, it isn't visible to anyone else, so why should anything on facebook be?

HOLA446
Can one of you basefooker's tell me if it is yet possible for you to stop your "friends" from being able to see all of your other "friends"?

I see this as being a big privacy infringement. Dunno about the rest of you but I have some friends that I don't want other friends to know about.

If I add someone to my contacts list on my mobile phone, it isn't visible to anyone else, so why should anything on facebook be?

You can exclude specific friends from seeing your other friends in Profile->Privacy->Friends. You can also add friends to a Limited Friends List as restrict the access to a subset of your friends.

you dont want your friends to know who your also friends with, erk you try to isolate your friends from each other? Why?

Edited by moosetea

HOLA447
You can exclude specific friends from seeing your other friends in Profile->Privacy->Friends. You can also add friends to a Limited Friends List as restrict the access to a subset of your friends.

you dont want your friends to know who your also friends with, erk you try to isolate your friends from each other? Why?

I want it by default so it looks to everyone that they are my only friend. It's nobody else's business whom I choose as friends, that includes my friends.

I don't belong to a large group of friends. I have small pockets of different friends for different interests. I may have a black friend and I may have a very racist friend. Do I want them being able to read each others profiles via mine and get grief for it? No thanks.

HOLA448
I want it by default so it looks to everyone that they are my only friend. It's nobody else's business whom I choose as friends, that includes my friends.

+1

Facebook is for dimbos with too much time on their hands. imho.

The most scarce and precious commodity to me is time.

If I want to stay in touch with someone I ring them up.

If I don't have their number it's their loss not mine imho.

HOLA449

What happens if you apply for a job and the employer applies to be a 'friend' on your Facebook site? Can they then get all your info? What happens if you refuse to have the HR boss as your 'friend', when he's the bugger you hope will give you a job?

HOLA4410
+1

Facebook is for dimbos with too much time on their hands. imho.

The most scarce and precious commodity to me is time.

If I want to stay in touch with someone I ring them up.

If I don't have their number it's their loss not mine imho.

:blink:

I have friends in these networks - Argentina Australia France Germany London Los Angeles, CA Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN New Zealand San Francisco, CA.

Facebook is a better way of staying in touch because phoning is not a good use of time.