House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KingBingo, I hope you aren't including yourself in the thinking camp? Since you clearly cannot read, my father's business did not fail, it was profitable throughout it's existence. But he could do a lot less work for the same reward by working for Maggie.

Governments don't start wars eh?

As for the current generation not enjoying the benefits of Maggie, I disagree, they are currently experiencing the fruits of her NuLabour.

I take it from you comments you are one of lifes "winners"?

From reading this post I think its divided among those that have a functional brain and those that don't.

She throw baby's of a hill in southern grease,

We had a good education system with proper exams, pre-Thatcher. None of us from that generation would make three grammatical and one spelling mistake in nine words.

Erm she killed argentinians, a few political opponents, odds and sods of spies etc.

She was the prime minister, it's part of the job description.

I need to read up on History.

I thought is was the case that the Argentinians arrived in a foreign territory armed, and the protectors and owners of that territory gave them the choice of either leaving, or facing the consequences of war.

Can you please explain to me how the press managed to hide this fact, that the task force did not sail to the Falklands as you suggest, but to Argentina where they landed on foriegn soil and murdered helpless people ?

This story of yours is indeed a revelation, you should seel it to the press, I suspect Max Hastings could be your first port of call.

I need to read up on History.

I thought is was the case that the Argentinians arrived in a foreign territory armed, and the protectors and owners of that territory gave them the choice of either leaving, or facing the consequences of war.

And she had them killed. Murdered.

Can you please explain to me how the press managed to hide this fact, that the task force did not sail to the Falklands as you suggest, but to Argentina where they landed on foriegn soil and murdered helpless people ?

I think that several exposes were revealed (SAS topping men in car parks ring any bells?) but generally people are statists and see murder as not murder is imaginary lines on maps have been crossed. Hardly my fault if they have a head full of boken biscuits, is it?

This story of yours is indeed a revelation, you should seel it to the press, I suspect Max Hastings could be your first port of call.

"Governemt steals and kills people" isn't much of a headline.

Edited by Injin
KingBingo, I hope you aren't including yourself in the thinking camp? Since you clearly cannot read, my father's business did not fail, it was profitable throughout it's existence. But he could do a lot less work for the same reward by working for Maggie.

Well it wasn't a success then. ergo.... Regardless he had a choice. Thinking that every time you start a business and if your not a millionaire 10 years later you blame the government is absurd. I started a business a few years back, didn't like the return I was making just like your farther didn't, so I sold it. Bit more than I bought it for, but not a great deal. I certainly don't blame Gordon Brown or Thatcher for my lack massive wealth.

Governments don't start wars eh?

Vacuous question.

As for the current generation not enjoying the benefits of Maggie, I disagree, they are currently experiencing the fruits of her NuLabour.

To say that Nulabour is Thatcher's fault is totally and mind numbing inane. Blame TB or GB, blame the voters, but blaming Thatcher for the bloody Labour party???? Your on another planet.

I take it from you comments you are one of lifes "winners"?

I work for a living, I believe in personal responsibility, I have an attractive wife and I can afford to amuse myself often enough and eat out often enough, overall I'm pretty happy yeah, thanks for asking.

I wouldn't mind a house in the near future though.

You cannot own land, but you can occupy it. The Malvinas/Falklands are nowhere near the Uk, that's the Isle of Wight. We occupied it, the Argentinians wanted it. We knew this but removed the last Royal Naval presence near it to either, save some money, or invite an invasion.

The British government were either complicit or incompetent, take your pick. Some of my family went over in some ships and killed some Argentinians, most were conscipts and didn't really fancy it much, but they still got killed.

Governments love war almost as much as the general public, as long as you win obviously. Poor people do the fighting to purloin the resources required by the rich. It's as old as the hills.

Now let's get stuck into Iran, we need their gas.......

His business did not go bankrupt, he simply tired of fighting the prevailing tide, which was very much against the small businessman. He did not borrow money because he doesn't believe in paying interest or buying what you cannot afford. His biggest problem was honesty. He must have been the only businessman to have one set of very accurate accounts. Every other business has two.

Maggie supported spivvery, the something for nothing culture, and NuFascist have simply copied and extended it. The conservatives decided to undermine the family, and tried to replace public monopolies with private versions. They wanted the UK to be the 51st state. They also raised taxes, reduced services, started wars, supported tyrants, and sold anything that wasn't nailed down to their best mates.

NuLabour are the conservatives, Tony Blair is Maggie T, they are identical. The game is still the same, and it is rigged.

I must be living in some kind of parrallel universe.

Maggie slashed public spending, taxes did not rise, they fell, in fact many people complain they fell too low at the expense of public services, however now agree that was not the case as a raise in Government taxes does not make the public services better, but more top heavy in the management lines which as we are all now aware causes huge swathes of funding to be directed to the Managements pockets, rather than to the front line public services.

The intial Gulf War was composed of thirty six nations, under the direction of the United Nations.

We did sign up to the United Nations, it has served us well, until it was castrated by the Labour and Bush Governments and used to suit their own purposes.

The selling of public assets was a huge mistake, but very on the ball for the day, but in hindsight a massive failure that should be redressed by taking back National Interests into public ownership when they fail, which is not far off.

I do not expect to be bailing out foreign power companies, or seeing British Jobs being replaced by a foreign workforce.

It is difficult for people to understand those times, and I guess that you were maybe a child and can only repeat what your father told you. Those that did live in those times found the recession hard, but those that did not have liar loans mangaged to retain their houses, that I can tell you.

Maggie slashed public spending, taxes did not rise, they fell, in fact many people complain they fell too low at the expense of public services, however now agree that was not the case as a raise in Government taxes does not make the public services better, but more top heavy in the management lines which as we are all now aware causes huge swathes of funding to be directed to the Managements pockets, rather than to the front line public services.

Taxes rose under Thatcher. No government has ever cut taxes.

I wouldn't mind a house in the near future though.

I know the feeling, it's a shame the government/banksters won't let you keep it, even if it does eventually happen. I don't understand why people look to government to solve their problems, government is the problem, it is an unnecessary expense, and one that needs removing. NuLabour = Conservative = Liberal, they are all the same. Labour liked the conservative party policies so much that they copied them, but used better PR to sell it to the masses.

Governments don't create wealth of jobs, they are parasites.

As P J O'Rourke said about the Republican Party, "they believe the existence of big government to be a problem, and then get themselves elected to prove it." This is my sentiment exactly.

People should be alllowed to get on with wealth creation without the intervention of the government.

I actually hope that Labour get in in the next election - I'd like to see a proper revolt in this country, with the politicians heads on spikes.

Funny enough, I feel the same. I have never voted for Labour before,

so next time, maybe I should. They got into this mess, lets see them

try and get us out of it. They can't blame it all on the Cons or Libs this time.

No, really taxes rose under Thatcher.

www.google.com

Have fun.

I worked as a self employed sub contractor under both Labour and Tory Governments.

Under Labour my packet was deducted 33%, under the tories 25%, in my view thats a cut.

I guess your reference is to stealth taxes, and no doubt you would like to discuss the poll tax.

In my view the poll tax was the fairest way to tax people for the local public services they consumed on a local level.

I have never shared the belief that I should be paying to support others, and although there is a social responsibilty to cater for those in need, the definition of those in need in the last decade has shifted to mean, those that lack personal responsibility.

Had we had poll tax, then our public services today would be in far better shape and we would not be looking at hospital closures as the Government collapse public services in favour of massive bank and business bailouts.

I know the feeling, it's a shame the government/banksters won't let you keep it, even if it does eventually happen. I don't understand why people look to government to solve their problems, government is the problem, it is an unnecessary expense, and one that needs removing. NuLabour = Conservative = Liberal, they are all the same. Labour liked the conservative party policies so much that they copied them, but used better PR to sell it to the masses.

Governments don't create wealth of jobs, they are parasites.

As P J O'Rourke said about the Republican Party, "they believe the existence of big government to be a problem, and then get themselves elected to prove it." This is my sentiment exactly.

People should be alllowed to get on with wealth creation without the intervention of the government.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Britain today feel that they are somehow dealt a poor hand by the world, Labour have pandered to this notion and created a huge following that now makes the vast majority of society feel they are owed something by others. Everytime people read about the poor, social mobility, social freedoms, they see themselves as being the beneficeries, when in reality the availability of these services is in fact denied them.

Many many people today who have complained about spongers, are now finding themselves out of work and realising that they are entitled to very little, that if they had saved they will be penalised, and if they are white middle class/working class, they can sort themselves out as the system is against them.

The intial Gulf War was composed of thirty six nations, under the direction of the United Nations.

We did sign up to the United Nations, it has served us well, until it was castrated by the Labour and Bush Governments and used to suit their own purposes.

The selling of public assets was a huge mistake, but very on the ball for the day, but in hindsight a massive failure that should be redressed by taking back National Interests into public ownership when they fail, which is not far off.

I do not expect to be bailing out foreign power companies, or seeing British Jobs being replaced by a foreign workforce.

It is difficult for people to understand those times, and I guess that you were maybe a child and can only repeat what your father told you. Those that did live in those times found the recession hard, but those that did not have liar loans mangaged to retain their houses, that I can tell you.

I remember the 70' s and 80's very well thanks, my father did very well thanks to Maggie, as do I.

The first Gulf War was over crippling loans. Kuwait had loaned Iraq money to fight Iran. Kuwait wanted the money back, but insisted on overproducing oil and therefore depressing the price of Iraq's only means of income. Iraq complained, Kuwait said, "bog off." Then Kuwait started slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields. Iraq then complained to the US (who they were friendly with). The US said it was a local issue and had no real qualms with them sorting it out by force.

So, they did. Unfortunately they wandered up to the border with the KSA. At that point the US freaked out (as did the owner of the KSA). Iraq had upset enough people that it was not a problem to get UN agreement, although the fact that is based in New York should give a clue as to how it is funded and who is in charge.

The rest is history, although the UN membership are now feeling a bit uneasy about all this warmongering. Especially as many of the membership have trade agreements with those countries the US wants to invade. Still, the US is in charge, so lets ignore the "nay-sayers" and get on with the important job of resource allocation.

We use the UN when it suits us, and ignore it when it doesn't, simple as that. War is an excellent form of job creation, it also keeps the population down.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Britain today feel that they are somehow dealt a poor hand by the world, Labour have pandered to this notion and created a huge following that now makes the vast majority of society feel they are owed something by others. Everytime people read about the poor, social mobility, social freedoms, they see themselves as being the beneficeries, when in reality the availability of these services is in fact denied them.

Many many people today who have complained about spongers, are now finding themselves out of work and realising that they are entitled to very little, that if they had saved they will be penalised, and if they are white middle class/working class, they can sort themselves out as the system is against them.

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't." ;)

No, you are wrong in fact.

That means you are wrong all the time, whether you agree or not, whether you know or not. You arent rtelevent to the truth, nor are your opinions.

Debate the points or give up. Present the facts or give up. Don't resort to philosophical clap trap. You neither have the intellect nor the abililty, if you had either you would present the facts rather than hide behind conjecture and rectoric.

Edited by Godley