House Price Crash Forum

The Official Hpc 'how Long Will Broon Last' Thread

Guest UK Debt Slave

When they showed it on the BBC they only showed the first ring - and then how humorous he was dealing with the journo. Set up to make him look human?

I watched that, didn't think he was too bad - except for being stupid for not turning his phone off (does he have minders?), his actions weren't as bad as bloggers stated. Yet there you have it, Sarah, it was on the BBC - reality suspended.

A bit like the report in the same news bulleting referring to the four members of the House Lords accused of taking money to bend legislation: I was struck by the omission of Labour Lords.

A bit like the Obama speech with references to the environment, edited to make his comments more green.

BBC Admits to "Montage" of Pres. Obama's Words into a single sentence

BBC caught editing Obama Inauguration Speech

There really is so much use of position and influence in this country. BBC news is a national disgrace - how the mighty has fallen.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the election in 2010. No other labour MP would want the job now, its a poisoned chalice. And he'll insist on clinging on. And thats fine my me, as he'll be around to watch the horrors unfold, its his mess after all.

My main fear is that we are turning the corner by 2010 such that he wins another term.......

Until the election in 2010. No other labour MP would want the job now, its a poisoned chalice. And he'll insist on clinging on. And thats fine my me, as he'll be around to watch the horrors unfold, its his mess after all.

My main fear is that we are turning the corner by 2010 such that he wins another term.......

If the UK has turned the corner by 2010 it really will be a miracle. Even a glance at the facts kind of suggests 5 years if we're lucky, 10 years or more otherwise.

He'll probably hang on long enough to guarantee a really huge Tory majority (he's not far from that point already) that will put in place policies not much different. New Labour are said to be just Tory Lite.

They will then have returned the favour that the unpopular Tories did for New Labour in 1997 - in guaranteeing the massive 1997 majority.

It's their way to guarantee staying continuously in power with rolling huge majorities so they can virtually do as they please - and people are fooled to think they've voted in a real alternative.

Then voters can be blamed when things go pear shaped again i.e." the voters should never have voted them in so they've only got themselves to blame".

It seemed almost certainly staged. Probably to show off his humour as an ordinary straightforward kind of guy who can even smile :lol: or to help to knock something of the news or to divert from what he was saying in his speech on global stuff. A diversion of some sort.

Does the UK PM still carry a mobile or even answer it himself these days. What does he pay his lackeys for.

It didn't eclipse news about jobless workers protesting though.

Now, what would you expect me to say?

How long will Brown last? Either for another 7 years - that is, the remainder of this administration plus another full one - or until he completely loses his failing sight. What odds am I offered?

p

Depends on how quickly you expect to ***** himself blind.....

Tommy Tank is too sweary? Jesus

Edited by GrillsBears
That is fact. What worries me is why the British public allowed this to continue. Perhaps it's symptomatic of the education system and the inappropriate role models. Why have the public become so gullible?

I worry about people who say 'That is fact.' because they've clearly made the fatal mistake of believing that there is only one view - theirs. (Of course, I could be wrong. :rolleyes: )

Your grammar is obviously 'symptomatic of the education system' - if you don't mind me saying so! :lol::lol: (Glass houses etc.)

p

ok, lets look into the future.

Things have taken a lot longer to develope than I have thought and after the 2nd failure to "save the banks" I believe he will try a third which will bankrupt this country.

This oncoming depression will be hitting the general populas imminently and we are now destined for civil unrest.

When will the IMF be called in?

I can not see UK plc lasting much beyond the autumn, xmas at the latest.

We know Brown will cling on as long as possible and as things get worse and worse and anger rises it is more likely there will be another "way out"

Suicide? (the more honourable way)

Assasination?

Natural causes death? (but was it?)

Ill health and standing down? No, this wont happen.

One way or another I doubt Brown will be alive to see in 2010.

ok, lets look into the future.

Things have taken a lot longer to develope than I have thought and after the 2nd failure to "save the banks" I believe he will try a third which will bankrupt this country.

This oncoming depression will be hitting the general populas imminently and we are now destined for civil unrest.

When will the IMF be called in?

I can not see UK plc lasting much beyond the autumn, xmas at the latest.

We know Brown will cling on as long as possible and as things get worse and worse and anger rises it is more likely there will be another "way out"

Suicide? (the more honourable way)

Assasination?

Natural causes death? (but was it?)

Ill health and standing down? No, this wont happen.

One way or another I doubt Brown will be alive to see in 2010.

It's kind of you to invite us all to join you in looking into the future, FB. Unfortunately, the rest of us haven't been blessed with the magical skills you obviously enjoy. You already know what will happen; the rest of us will have to wait and see. How lucky you are. Or are you just a genius?

p

It's kind of you to invite us all to join you in looking into the future, FB. Unfortunately, the rest of us haven't been blessed with the magical skills you obviously enjoy. You already know what will happen; the rest of us will have to wait and see. How lucky you are. Or are you just a genius?

p

Funny enough, Pat there are a lot of us here who actually DID see the crash coming, rather than in Brown's case, somehow slipping through a warp in the space time continuum to find a parallel universe where he actually did see it coming (ratehr than this one where he was a harpie for the boom). So are we genius? Or is it that you guys are clueless, self serving, lying parasites? I must get you in contact with some spendthrift, lie about it later, only accept 'faces that fit', trendy lefty management people I know down here, if you aren't already buddies.

How long will Brown last? Either for another 7 years - that is, the remainder of this administration plus another full one - or until he completely loses his failing sight. What odds am I offered?

p

Erm, probably less than 2,000 : 1.

Edited by clubberdude

p

Are you Mrs Brown? I can't honestly imagine who else might think that. I don't know him personally, maybe he's nice to have a drink with, but the record speaks for itself and he's got no chance of being re-elected at all, regardless of whether it is actually all his fault or just half of it is. Personally I'd say half of it is, but it's a very significant half.

Edited by The Last Bear
Roll up Roll up!!!!!

I reckon he'll be history by early summer

Major civil unrest, strikes, Sterling crisis, UK's credit rating tanks

You name it, it's gonna happen, a veritable $hitfest

I think he will go on 4th June 2010. The latest possible date for an election is 3rd June 2010, and the result probably won't be known for certain until early the following day.

I don't think his eyesight will be a factor. There is no reason why we can't have a blind Prime Minister.

Edited by jonb
Funny enough, Pat there are a lot of us here who actually DID see the crash coming, rather than in Brown's case, somehow slipping through a warp in the space time continuum to find a parallel universe where he actually did see it coming (ratehr than this one where he was a harpie for the boom). So are we genius? Or is it that you guys are clueless, self serving, lying parasites? I must get you in contact with some spendthrift, lie about it later, only accept 'faces that fit', trendy lefty management people I know down here, if you aren't already buddies.

Wouldn't it be funny if, seconds after the Large Hadron Collider was switched on, Brown had really slipped through from another universe where he really did forsee the crash, and can't understand why his memory differs so much from everyone else's and the official record?

While somewhere out there, our Gordon is being wined and dinedas the Great Prophet who saw it all coming, and can't understand why his memory of everything is so different . . . :ph34r:

I worry about people who say 'That is fact.' because they've clearly made the fatal mistake of believing that there is only one view - theirs. (Of course, I could be wrong. :rolleyes: )

Your grammar is obviously 'symptomatic of the education system' - if you don't mind me saying so! :lol::lol: (Glass houses etc.)

p

My grammar is just fine thanks Pat, you ranting Labourite nutter. Fortunately I was educated under a Conservative government.

Facts, um? I worry about people who lie about passports (Mandelson). :blink: I worry about people who lie about WMD (Blair). :unsure: I worry about people who lie about 'no more boom and bust' (Brown). :lol: I realise you Labourites are living on fantasy island. Thank goodness you'll be put out of your misery soon.

;)

We all take your party very seriously Pat. If Brown had been tasked with bankrupting Britain and Blair had been tasked with invading a country without due cause then Labour have done us all proud. :ph34r:

Pat, seeing as you're good with grammar work this out this anagram, just for laughs: nbrow si a tnuc.

Edited by Xurbia
... Pat there are a lot of us here who actually DID see the crash coming...

No, E, our best calculation/guess was that a crash was coming. None of us knew it was coming. Offer your views on the exact progress of the economy over the coming months, if you like, but don't expect me to think that you know what the future holds. You don't and neither does anyone else.

I don't expect you to agree with me but my view of the current position of the parties is that the Tories should be much further ahead - historically, a consistent lead of 20% by the opposition at this stage of the parliament is needed to remove the incumbent party at a GE. At the moment, the Tories have a lead of about 10/12% which, if history is anything to go by will will disappear as polling day nears. I'm not making a prediction - 'it could be different this time' - but I'm just reminding you of what has happened in the past and, on that basis, it doesn't bode well for Cameron.

p

No, E, our best calculation/guess was that a crash was coming. None of us knew it was coming. Offer your views on the exact progress of the economy over the coming months, if you like, but don't expect me to think that you know what the future holds. You don't and neither does anyone else.

I don't expect you to agree with me but my view of the current position of the parties is that the Tories should be much further ahead - historically, a consistent lead of 20% by the opposition at this stage of the parliament is needed to remove the incumbent party at a GE. At the moment, the Tories have a lead of about 10/12% which, if history is anything to go by will will disappear as polling day nears. I'm not making a prediction - 'it could be different this time' - but I'm just reminding you of what has happened in the past and, on that basis, it doesn't bode well for Cameron.

p

Pat you don't need a pair of crystal balls to know that Labour is finished. The economy is in tatters. Do you not realise what your beloved Labour have done to Britain? Do you run a business Pat? I guess not. Didn't we once conclude that you 'work' for this deluded government?

It will take years to fix the damage done under the Labour party. The blood, sweat and tears of honest British men and women has been flushed down the toilet by Labour.

Edited by Xurbia
Less! I'd have thought you'd offer much more!

:lol:

p

Sorry, that was a bit conservative of me.

Ok how about 2,000,000,000 : 1?

Theres more chance of the large hadron collider initiating the destruction of the universe via a chain reaction which causes an exponentially increasing energy cascade.

After the damage NuLabour will have caused 12-18 months from now, another term is probably about this likely.

Anyway, can't you just accept that they are done with? Barring some sort of ultra-miracle, coupled simultaneously with an immense spike in human stupidity, they are done. Just about everybody can see they are on a hiding to nowhere with NuLabour. Its endgame.

Edited by clubberdude
Didn't we once conclude that you 'work' for this deluded government?

Is that the Royal 'We', Xurbia?

Whoever the 'we' were, you concluded wrongly. I work for neither the party nor a public service.

I realise that it's probably hard for you to understand but I'm one of those rare people (in your narrow little world) who doesn't read the Daily Mail every morning.

p

Is that the Royal 'We', Xurbia?

Whoever the 'we' were, you concluded wrongly. I work for neither the party nor a public service.

I realise that it's probably hard for you to understand but I'm one of those rare people (in your narrow little world) who doesn't read the Daily Mail every morning.

p

I think it's fair to say that an informal consensus was reached about your state of depravity pp. What evidence do you have that the Daily Mail is read widely on ths forum? Perhaps you should conduct a poll. If you already have, I apologise in advance.