House Price Crash Forum

Bucharest

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Honestly I would rather buy in Florida..... The site is offering 4 beds for 120k, and a viewing trip for £99 per person, sounds like it would be ALOT cheaper to fly over and pick up a 4 bed myself (rather than them absorbing the flight and hotel costs in markup!)

EDITED : Yeah you can get a pretty nice 4 bedroom house in kissamee/orlando for $50-$60k....

Edited by moosetea

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
THE ROMANIANS WERE LEAVING IN THE TENS OF THOUSANDS TO SET UP ANYWHERE OUT OF ROMANIA, NOW WE ARE ALL PILING IN THERE , SOME OF THE DODGIEST BODS IN THE UNIVERSE , THERE COULD BE 300000 IN SPAIN ALONE.

After Albanians.

Just had a word with my local Romanian 'big issue' seller on the high st - he says, 'stay well clear'.

HOLA4411
http://www.placeabroad.com/bucharest/?pid=P0006182

I can't believe I just got e-mailed this.

That is the most fantastic offer i've seen for a while - and i've been looking at a few deals over the last few months.

I'm not talking about property - but the holiday deal "£49 per person includes flights, transfers and accommodation.".

HOLA4412
That is the most fantastic offer i've seen for a while - and i've been looking at a few deals over the last few months.

I'm not talking about property - but the holiday deal "£49 per person includes flights, transfers and accommodation.".

Trouble is this is the likely standard of accommodation/property; this was filmed in Romania, not Kazakhstan.http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2260402457/

Edited by Dangerous Woman

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Honestly I would rather buy in Florida..... The site is offering 4 beds for 120k, and a viewing trip for £99 per person, sounds like it would be ALOT cheaper to fly over and pick up a 4 bed myself (rather than them absorbing the flight and hotel costs in markup!)

EDITED : Yeah you can get a pretty nice 4 bedroom house in kissamee/orlando for $50-$60k....

True - but plenty of additional expenses like property tax etc.

I think some people have also found themselves falling foul of US immigration by spending too much time in their US properties whilst not having Permanent Resident status. Spending more than 6 months in a year in the States (ie: 2 full visits under Visa Waiver program) might trigger some interesting conversations at Immigration & Customs.

Maybe a good option if you're prepared to space your visits out well (and if air fares don't rocket).

Edited by GBTOUSA

HOLA4416
Guest LongBlackKilt
Soon I will be writing this from my £5 million palace in Bucharest and I will sue anyone who says my imaginary equity is not real. And then I will go bust owing loads of money.

Is that the one with 5,000 rooms?

Dear old Nicolae...I'm sure he could have turned things round if they'd given him time.

HOLA4417
Guest sillybear2
True - but plenty of additional expenses like property tax etc.

I think some people have also found themselves falling foul of US immigration by spending too much time in their US properties whilst not having Permanent Resident status. Spending more than 6 months a year in the States might trigger some interesting conversations at Immigration & Customs.

Maybe a good option if you're prepared to space your visits out well (and if air fares don't rocket).

It's a shame they don't build a big kind of "shared house" in places like Florida or where ever these jet-turbine bi-planes choose to land, you could say rent a room for say a week at a time whenever you wanted, then when you leave they could rent the room to some other person whilst you're not there, maybe they could add a kind of 'public kitchen' nearby too, where they could cook meals for lots of people and you just paid for each one, rather than paying all year round. It's good to get around a bit, maybe they could do something similar with cars, like you could borrow someone elses car for a week... like they do in Liverpool.

HOLA4418
Returns of over 400% projected on investment over 10 years.

(A Place in the Sun Channel 4 TV show)

"First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about. No sir! Our model is the trapezoid, which guarantees each investor an eight-hundred percent return within hours of your initial.."

(sirens are heard)

"Oh-oh, the cops!"

(he jumps out of the window)

HOLA4419
It's a shame they don't build a big kind of "shared house" in places like Florida or where ever these jet-turbine bi-planes choose to land, you could say rent a room for say a week at a time whenever you wanted, then when you leave they could rent the room to some other person whilst you're not there, maybe they could add a kind of 'public kitchen' nearby too, where they could cook meals for lots of people and you just paid for each one, rather than paying all year round. It's good to get around a bit, maybe they could do something similar with cars, like you could borrow someone elses car for a week... like they do in Liverpool. :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

Ahhhh Youth Hostels...........

Good ones are sadly lacking in the US.......

HOLA4420
Guest sillybear2
Ahhhh Youth Hostels...........

Good ones are sadly lacking in the US.......

Hrm, maybe they should start a few of posh youth hostels, but not just for youths. You could find out how good a place was by a rating system, like "this is a four moon hostel".

HOLA4421
Is that the one with 5,000 rooms?

Dear old Nicolae...I'm sure he could have turned things round if they'd given him time.

Yes, that's the one. There are still a few what appear to be bloodstains on the wall of one of the courtyards which I'm finding it hard to shift. Perhaps Mrs Bovey could offer me some useful advice?