House Price Crash Forum

Tony Benn To Bbc - "people Will Die Because Of The Bbc"

HOLA441
Here you go, in the first paragraph -

http://italy.usembassy.gov/pdf/other/RS22370.pdf

Cheers me dear .

Interesting read .

US aid does seem disproportionate .

2007 $50mill to Palestine and $2,500mill to Israel http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...d_to_Israel.gif .

I suppose American weapons are expensive .

1 Samuel 4:10 (King James Version)

10And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and they fled every man into his tent:

and there was a very great slaughter;

for there fell of Israel thirty thousand footmen.

Edited by Dead Spider

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
They should get whoever is best for the job, yet it only ever seems to be people from Middle England but more and more so they black or Asian. Surely one dirty northern scumbag or some cockney geezer must slip through once in a while to show how truly representative they really are.

As for Gaza they recieve more from the US then anyon,e there is a link in a previous post, im off to the gym now to beat the rush so dont have time to find exact figures will do later.

Well, if you want white ****-er-nees

dominic-littlewood.jpg

greggwallaceMM_203x150.jpg

_41121779_shane.jpg

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
My sister-in-law used to work for Cbeebies, and the banal expanation is that the ethnic mix of the kids used as "extras" in most programmes is apparently quite accurately reflective of the ethnic mix in London, where all the staff live and work. So not sinister, it's just because they are all London-centric and don't understand that there is a world beyond the M25.

having said that, it's hard to explain why one of the Teletubbies suddenly became a member of an ehtnic minority after a few years :lol::lol:

(And one is allegedly gay if you believe the internet... :P )

Aww sweet, Dipsy seems slightly confused, he went from just having a pimps hat to doing an inverse Michael Jackson, before > after

"Dipsy, is the second Teletubby and is green in colour. His name stems from the straight dipstick antenna on his head. His favorite item to wear and carry with him is his black and white hat. Dipsy is the most obstinate of the characters, and will sometimes refuse to go along with the other Tubbies' group opinion. His face is also notably darker than the rest of the Teletubbies."

Subversive!

HOLA445
1 Samuel 4:10 (King James Version)

10And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and they fled every man into his tent:

and there was a very great slaughter;

for there fell of Israel thirty thousand footmen.

Most of whom were killed by their own side, because that's what happens when you send unskilled reservists into a combat zone.

Imagine trying to fight in the Hellmand Province with only the TA?

HOLA446
Guest sillybear2
Dipsy's always been "black"

Yeah, I agree, I think he's always been a Brother on the inside, he likes his Jay Kay style hats and dances better than the rest of the crackers.

edit: I mean spiritually, I just realised he's not real and there must be someone in the suit, I have no idea who!

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA447

Here's my little anecdotal. - means nothing - prolly shouldnt even be here... but here goes.

Was reading a kiddies book over the weekend. was called "the go kart" Aimed at early readers I'd say.

2 sets of kids build a go kart to enter a race. Not little boys mind you, both little girls. - nothing wrong there - continuing a fine tradition of female racing drivers. One little girl appears to be of afro caribben descent - the other is asian. - Again - at this point I've go tno probs with the book - I mean Lewis Hamilton FFS. Its all a bit PC so far, but hey, whatever. Then it comes to building the gokart. The little girls are doing all the mechanics, but the little boys get to paint them in pretty bright colours.... ok I must admit - this is starting to reek a little bit of over PCedness. But it is on the DAY of the Race thet the PC pedal gets pushed to the metal. - I'm reading this to my kid, the race is really exciting - (I'm giving it some serious Murray Walker) .....all the little boys are cheering the girls on (and their multi ethnic families) from the edge of the track and.......

they come third.

Obiously, the authors thought that second place was too eliteist.

I have a real problem with this - and to my mind it totally undoes any PC message they were trying to get across. Its taught to kids at an early age now - DONT WIN - IT'S BAD

Edited by sbn

HOLA448
HOLA449
Chinese?! Evidence????

They are clearly not human, it is ridiculous. I will take your word for it, but I thought they all started off the same colour.

Must. Get. life.

:(

The above poster is misleading because it's - well - a poster. Po always had a white face and, being short and played by Pui Fan Lee (Now a presenter on CBeebies), and Dipsy definitely had a brown face. We had this conversation at Uni when they first came out about positive role models, and I argued that wearing a pimp hat and busting dance moves was not conducive to breaking down stereotypes.

But, as Patrick Marber's producer character said on Knowing Me Knowing You when asked to fix a photocopier; "I don't do that sh1t anymore."

My kids have moved onto CBBC, thank god! Although they'll still pop back for Charlie and Lola.

HOLA4410
You do know that there are two Palestinian states, right? The West Bank is run by Fatah, who are happy to deal with the US and get the money (although they don't like Israel), whereas Gaza is run by Hamas, who aren't happy with the US, and don't get any money (and REALLY don't like Israel).

Of course, none of this has any bearing on whether a child has a right to live or not.

Thanks for the clarification. What happens to children in these places is appalling and not their fault.

The point I am making is that HAMAS do not help the situation in there glorification of violence and terrorism....celebrating attrocities in USA, Britain, Spain, Israel.....parading babies with suicide bombers vests. Surely there are better ways to bring up your children.

Once you have voted in a terrorist organisation to power it is very difficult to get them to relinquish it and it is usually the people who suffer.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Here's my little anecdotal. - means nothing - prolly shouldnt even be here... but here goes.

Was reading a kiddies book over the weekend. was called "the go kart" Aimed at early readers I'd say.

2 sets of kids build a go kart to enter a race. Not little boys mind you, both little girls. - nothing wrong there - continueing a fine tradition of female racing drivers. One little girl appears to be of afro caribben descent - the other is asian. - Again - at this point I've go tno probs with the book - I mean Lewis Hamilton FFS. Its all a bit PC so far, but hey, whatever. Then it comes to building the gokart. The little girls are doing all the mechanics, but the little boys get to paint them in pretty bright colours.... ok I must admit - this is starting to reek a little bit of over PCedness. But it is on the DAY of the Race thet the PC pedal gets pushed to the metal. - I'm reading this to my kid, the race is really exciting - (I'm giving it some serious Murray Walker) .....all the little boys are cheering the girls on (and their multi ethnic families) from the edge of the track and.......

they come third.

Obiously, the authors thought that second place was too eliteist.

I have a real problem with this - and to my mind it totally undoes any PC message they were trying to get across. Its taught to kids at an early age now - DONT WIN - IT'S BAD

No, it's to show that no matter how hard they try Biff and Wilma (Oh, yes, I know that book) aren't guaranteed to win. Would you rather they showed Kipper winning the X Factor, Floppy running away with the Crufts trophy or Chip winning the lottery? What would that give your kids? Hope that they might get lucky? Or expectations that if they don't come first then they're a failure?

Kids are tired of being shown unattainable goals which they have no control over. My eldest is constantly lording it over my youngest, aggrandising herself by putting him down, and I'm sure to nip it in the bud; it's not productive and hang it, it's not nice. Personal development plans and parental involvement are the way forward; there'll be plenty of time to compete with their peers in an adverserial manner when they leave school.

Besides, Floppy and the Alien's better - he saves them from fireballs.

HOLA4413
Thanks for the clarification. What happens to children in these places is appalling and not their fault.

The point I am making is that HAMAS do not help the situation in there glorification of violence and terrorism....celebrating attrocities in USA, Britain, Spain, Israel.....parading babies with suicide bombers vests. Surely there are better ways to bring up your children.

Once you have voted in a terrorist organisation to power it is very difficult to get them to relinquish it and it is usually the people who suffer.

Apparently - according to this US senator - Israel created Hamas:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6vMAoFwf4

Edited by threetimesdead

HOLA4414
No, it's to show that no matter how hard they try Biff and Wilma (Oh, yes, I know that book) aren't guaranteed to win. Would you rather they showed Kipper winning the X Factor, Floppy running away with the Crufts trophy or Chip winning the lottery? What would that give your kids? Hope that they might get lucky? Or expectations that if they don't come first then they're a failure?

Kids are tired of being shown unattainable goals which they have no control over. My eldest is constantly lording it over my youngest, aggrandising herself by putting him down, and I'm sure to nip it in the bud; it's not productive and hang it, it's not nice. Personal development plans and parental involvement are the way forward; there'll be plenty of time to compete with their peers in an adverserial manner when they leave school.

Besides, Floppy and the Alien's better - he saves them from fireballs.

Is my sarcasm detector broken?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Not posted on here since 2006, STR in 2005, now living abroad.

Not sure what this thread has got to do with houseprices but I think it is worth adding a few factual points.

1) There are no Palestinian states, and to say that there are is a travesty. The population living under Israel's control in the West Bank and the Gaza strip are stateless. They have no freedom of movement, cannot vote in Israeli elections, have no passports, no international airports / ports. There is no possibility to trade freely as all goods and service are controlled by Israel. Even the taxes, banking system, electricity and water supply is under Israeli control. However they can vote in elections for bodies that are less than useless because they have no control over anything that really matters. This situation has continued since 1967 and is freely admitted and discussed in Israel itself - see Haaretz website or Gush Shalom website. So sorry, there is no Palestinian state.

2) This lack of trade, even worse now that Israel has bombed the last cement factory in Gaza, is the reason why the aid is needed. Palestinians, who used to have an economy, are now dependent on handouts. And this actually suits both corrupt elements in Palestinian society and Israel itself. Tony Blair, in his role as Quartet Envoy has attempted to kick start the economy and tried to persuade Israel to permit trade between the West Bank and Gaza, but to no avail. He was dealing with the owner of the cement factory that was bombed. The famous tunnels, as well as bringing arms, bring all sorts of goods because there is no other way to get things in and out of Gaza. It is a prison. The Egyptians are happy to collude with this.

3) In fact the biggest recipients of US aid are Israel, Egypt and Iraq. These three have received the lions share of aid for a long time (this is aid in all its forms, loans, etc).

4) Since 1967 there have been a variety of attempts to resolve the situation. Israeli politicians have said that if they were in the position of the Palestinians, they would also take up arms.

5) The Hamas group fires rockets into Israel, ETA blows up bombs in Madrid, the IRA very nearly succeeded in blowing up the entire British cabinet at the Tory conference in Brighton.

6) Spain did not drop bombs on Bilbao, Britain did not fire illegal white phosphorus weapons on schools in West Belfast, despite the fact that the kids there had fathers who were probably IRA sympathisers.

There are four potential solutions to this conflict.

a) A "one state" solution, like that of South Africa and Northern Ireland, in which communities still dislike each other but agree to live in a single state, with equal rights. This would be about 60% jewish on current numbers.

B) A "two state" solution in which Gaza and the West Bank become a proper country with full membership of the UN. There could be a currency union with Israel and a joint central bank. Maybe even a joint security force.

c) A "final solution" in which Israel does to the Palestinians what Hitler did to the Jews, and expels / kills / permanently terrorises them.

d) A "three state" solution in which Egypt agrees to accept Gaza as part of its territory and Jordan accepts the West Bank as part of its territory.

All four solutions have their advocates in Israeli society. Which do you prefer? And why?

Mods, I suggest this discussion is moved off the house price discussion forum

HOLA4421
Next you'll be telling us the CIA created and bankrolled the Taliban :rolleyes:

"All The World's A Stage", especially the Middle East it seems.

Wow! You knew it better than me - just googled "CIA created and bankrolled the Taliban ", and yes, you right I got about 29,000 confirmations of that:

http://www.emperors-clothes.com/docs/pak.htm

HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2
He saved the house from burning once by barking, if that counts?

So he's like the IMF, he kept barking but nobody listened. I have a nice idea for a kids show, "Cassandra and the Scottish Twunt".

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4423
So are the Palastinians biting the hand that feeds them in their anti US stance.

Why do they accept money from bad old Uncle Sam?

Just a shot in the dark here, but I imagine the Palestinians' "anti US stance" stems largely from the fact that the US manufactures and gives to Israel most of the weapons used to blow them and their families to bits. A little anti-US feeling is not unreasonable under the circumstances.

HOLA4424
Every 15 minutes the BBC report on the fact they will not be running a TV advert for the DEC charity to help people in Gaza and that those people need help.

Indeed, great PR for the DEC appeal.

And since the BBC are refusing to broadcast the appeal the Isreali spokespeople are left with with no credibility if they trot out their usual "the BBC is baised" excuse.

To me it looks like the BBC have played it perfectly - and with a great deal more intelligence than those mindless demands that impartiality doesn't matter. The BBC's international reputation for impartiality provides far more long-term benefit to the people of Gaza than this single appeal.

HOLA4425

These people are suffering. Little children are being blown up by land mines.

Unfortunately, the Biased BBC can't report that, because Israel didn't plant any land mines. Hamas did, in the middle of highly populated areas because they thought an Israeli solider might walk down the street. Not that it matters if it blows up your own people.