House Price Crash Forum

The Mail on Sunday has been told that the Treasury was preparing for the banks to shut their doors to all customers, terminate electronic transfers and even block hole-in-the-wall cash withdrawals.

Now THIS IS SCARY...........................

No wonder some are slowly removing their funds from banks.

Oooo, now that would have been fun. NOT! Anarchy in the UK.

Debating on whether to move my three business accounts and two personal accounts to another bank other than Barclays. Any suggestions?

I don't want to stoke the fire, but I don't want to get my fingers burnt.

Edited by mdj101

Debating on whether to move my three business accounts and two personal accounts to another bank other than Barclays. Any suggestions?

You're with Barclays? The only UK bank which is definately going to go bust.

Nice work.

Barclays are the only bank the UK gov cannot bail out... due to contractual issues.

I love this bit:

If the moves had failed, Mr Brown would have been forced to announce that the Government was nationalising the entire financial system and guaranteeing all deposits.

He's had to do all that ANYWAY!!!! Does that mean it failed...?

Edited by TaxAbuserOfTheWeek

Buy dollars

Guest sillybear2

"When the Icesave thing hits the 6 o'clock news there will be queues outside HBOS by 9am tomorrow. They're dead, toast."

"Yup, obtaining access to your own savings will be like trying to obtain a mortgage in days of yore, you will go into a branch, be delayed for 2 or 3 hours, finally get an apointment with the manager where you will have to beg for them to give you access to say £1000 of your own savings, he'll agree to let you have £500 and request that you come back in the morning. When you come back the next day the bank will be shuttered up and surrounded by riot police.

Seriously, I'm not joking. Get everything into NR, NS&I or gilts whilst you can, or even hard cash. Forget about 6% this or 5% that, just think capital preservation, protect yourselves.

"

"The whole system is finished, has been for months now, they know, we know it but most of the public still held faith and somehow brought the line that it was all down to subprime lending in a far away country of which we know little. However, the rules have just changed with the the direct theft of £4b by Icesave today, the public has started to really wake up.

Everyone aside from HSBC could end up nationalised by Friday. "

"I think I know what Gordy, Merv and the bankers are doing at number 10, they're hiding in the cupboard! "

Oct 7th - sillybear2 & the honest doom mongers

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by sillybear2